RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Opening Ceremonies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mb1

PostPosted: 08/11/08 1:25 am    ::: Re: Opening Ceremonies Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
Here's hoping that the Games are more exciting than the Opening Ceremonies.

Sorry, but to make this statement and follow it up by calling the opening "boring", is simply missing the plot.

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
Sass

PostPosted: 08/11/08 1:27 am    ::: Re: Opening Ceremonies Reply Reply with quote

mb1 wrote:
Kelli wrote:
Here's hoping that the Games are more exciting than the Opening Ceremonies.

Sorry, but to make this statement and follow it up by calling the opening "boring", is simply missing the plot.

Most def.

People are still raving, three days later, about these ceremonies. I think Kelli is the only one in the world who found them "boring."

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
bballequalslife

PostPosted: 08/11/08 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I found a couple of the acts in the beginning somewhat dull, but what was way before the torch and everything. Very Happy

I've always liked the parade of nations and the torch-lighting (oh, and the fireworks) more than the cultural acts.

bballequalslife

PostPosted: 08/11/08 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:

I'm glad it happened that way, because it was nice to see his usually-arrogant ass quiet and subdued for a change. Wish he would stay that way.

X_____________________ Laughing Laughing

Basketball Fan

PostPosted: 08/11/08 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Sass wrote:
I was reading the recap of events in yesterday's LA Times. The author said that Kobe Bryant, in his first Olympics, "seemed stunned" and "was quietly blending in."

Does anyone know why this is Bryant's first Olympics? I wasn't aware of that.

2000- He opted not to join he was planning on getting married that year and I think they didn't want him back then.

2004- Colorado

OK.

I'm glad it happened that way, because it was nice to see his usually-arrogant ass quiet and subdued for a change. Wish he would stay that way.

Kobe really doesn't say that much beyond the bland PC answers he gives the press most of the time anyways ...

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/11/08 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Basketball Fan wrote:
Sass wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Sass wrote:
I was reading the recap of events in yesterday's LA Times. The author said that Kobe Bryant, in his first Olympics, "seemed stunned" and "was quietly blending in."

Does anyone know why this is Bryant's first Olympics? I wasn't aware of that.

2000- He opted not to join he was planning on getting married that year and I think they didn't want him back then.

2004- Colorado

OK.

Kobe really doesn't say that much beyond the bland PC answers he gives the press most of the time anyways ...

Yeah....he's typically quiet....but when he opens his mouth it's usually an arrogant comment. (and I'm a fan..lol)

I thought he, and the rest of the basketball team, have represented the United States very well. They've even toned down the showboating during the games..(which I was really hoping they'd do.)

Still really weird that Kobe's more popular than Yao..

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: