RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Opening Ceremonies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarab

PostPosted: 08/08/08 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bludev03 wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:
I'd be shitting in my pants. That's for sure!! That's HIGH!!!! Shocked

thatGAgirl wrote:
Wow, how cool is this lighting of the cauldron? Freakin amazing. Cool

I know! I'd be like: "i hope my hair don't catch on fire!" lmao

Or man I hope I don't drop this torch!

bballequalslife

PostPosted: 08/08/08 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was thinking: man, it would suck if that cable broke or something. Shocked

Just as I got that thought out, as he turned slightly to act like he was walking around the wall or whatever, I thought one of the cables had broken. Shocked In that split second before I realized nothing had happened, I'm like "okay, why are the announcers not saying something?". Laughing

bballequalslife

PostPosted: 08/08/08 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He must've taken a Valium before he went up on that thing. Laughing

No sane person is going to be harnessed up God knows how high with a torch in their hands to light an even bigger mega-torch.

That takes some serious balls.

Thrillrider08

PostPosted: 08/08/08 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow that was amazing!! Everything was sooo cool!

Good luck to London topping that in 2012! Shocked

WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

http://twitter.com/TravisInIndy
toad455

PostPosted: 08/08/08 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

does anyone have a link to the entire opening ceremonies?? i missed it due to work and would love to watch the entire thing.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
bludev03

PostPosted: 08/08/08 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could care less about the cables breaking and me fallin. Now if my hair had caught on fire?? It'd be on like pop pop pop popcorn! lmao

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 08/08/08 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go to www.nbcolympics.com

toad455 wrote:
does anyone have a link to the entire opening ceremonies?? i missed it due to work and would love to watch the entire thing.

PostPosted: 08/08/08 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You DO realize that if you fall off your hair won't matter one iota right??? You'll be soooo splattered all over Beijing... Laughing

bludev03 wrote:
I could care less about the cables breaking and me fallin. Now if my hair had caught on fire?? It'd be on like pop pop pop popcorn! lmao

PostPosted: 08/08/08 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's nothing on YouTube about the opening ceremonies, they've all been removed! Shocked

WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

http://twitter.com/TravisInIndy
luvDhoops

PostPosted: 08/08/08 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While watching the opening ceremonies and the lighting of the cauldron, I was reminded of something Dorothy said in an episode of Golden Girls.

It was the episode in which she was sent to teach some training classes to a group of professional men. Most in the group didn't take it seriously — it was more of a vacation for them — except the lone Asian/Chinese guy. He began class by telling Dorothy that he had read all of the material, done all of the worksheets and had written a 20 page research paper on it.

To all of this, Dorothy replies "We're never gonna beat you people are we?"

To the following cities playing host to the Olympics, you should probably just hang it up with regards to opening ceremonies, you ain't topping this, sorry.

PostPosted: 08/08/08 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OMG I remember that ep!!!! Speaking of which...GG are coming up in 8 minutes Very Happy

luvDhoops wrote:
While watching the opening ceremonies and the lighting of the cauldron, I was reminded of something Dorothy said in an episode of Golden Girls.

It was the episode in which she was sent to teach some training classes to a group of professional men. Most in the group didn't take it seriously — it was more of a vacation for them — except the lone Asian/Chinese guy. He began class by telling Dorothy that he had read all of the material, done all of the worksheets and had written a 20 page research paper on it.

To all of this, Dorothy replies "We're never gonna beat you people are we?"

To the following cities playing host to the Olympics, you should probably just hang it up with regards to opening ceremonies, you ain't topping this, sorry.

PostPosted: 08/08/08 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ah...Lifetime. Cool

That reminds me. I missed Will and Grace watching the ceremonies. Shit. Mad

LT041

PostPosted: 08/08/08 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thrillrider08 wrote:
There's nothing on YouTube about the opening ceremonies, they've all been removed! Shocked

Why? Confused

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/09/08 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LT041 wrote:
Thrillrider08 wrote:

Why? Confused

Because a lot of companies paid vast sums of money for exclusive online video rights in their respective regions, and they'd like people to watch any Olympic video on their sites, rather than YouTube. And because the money involved is so huge, they can afford to pay people to find anything infringing copyright on YouTube and get it taken down practically immediately.

ZoCroSixPence

PostPosted: 08/09/08 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows, Becky was there, not sure if any of you saw her but I did, and several Hammonites said they saw her too.

LT041

PostPosted: 08/09/08 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
LT041 wrote:
Thrillrider08 wrote:

Why? Confused

Because a lot of companies paid vast sums of money for exclusive online video rights in their respective regions, and they'd like people to watch any Olympic video on their sites, rather than YouTube. And because the money involved is so huge, they can afford to pay people to find anything infringing copyright on YouTube and get it taken down practically immediately.

Oh OK. Thanks.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 08/09/08 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ZoCroSixPence wrote:
Just so everyone knows, Becky was there, not sure if any of you saw her but I did, and several Hammonites said they saw her too.

...every night in their dreams.

ZoCroSixPence

PostPosted: 08/09/08 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
ZoCroSixPence wrote:

...every night in their dreams.

Seriously we saw her there, I saw it, and about 5 others said the same.

potd41

PostPosted: 08/09/08 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What country could top that....WOW. Cool BTW, my family back east was able to watch the ceremony LIVE on a Canadian channel this morning without having to listen to those two bozo's Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/09/08 1:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holy crap, what a performance! Best opening ceremonies I've ever seen.

They didn't spend enough camera time on team USA for the home audience, though.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
norwester

PostPosted: 08/09/08 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know, I watched some of the Canadian broadcast this morning, and they had plenty to say themselves, tons of focus on their National Team to the point where they kept cutting out in the middle of the procession to interview various Canadian athletes. A rare instance where I didn't necessarily find Canadian coverage to be better...except that it was live.

PostPosted: 08/09/08 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You do realize that the NBC coverage was missing about 2 hours of the OC to the CBC coverage. Makes me wonder what you guys actually saw of the Sydney OC. Stilling waiting for the Aussies to make an appearance on the west coast.

"If Seattle decides to sit Wright, Little and Stricklen for the majority of the season for stuffy noses, ingrown toenails and acid reflux you can start talking about shams." psheehy
Sass

PostPosted: 08/09/08 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
I don't know, I watched some of the Canadian broadcast this morning, and they had plenty to say themselves, tons of focus on their National Team to the point where they kept cutting out in the middle of the procession to interview various Canadian athletes. A rare instance where I didn't necessarily find Canadian coverage to be better...except that it was live.

That's what I wish NBC would have done with the US contingent. I'm used to interviews, seeing more faces, and lots of "hi mom!"s.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
norwester

PostPosted: 08/09/08 1:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shed wrote:
You do realize that the NBC coverage was missing about 2 hours of the OC to the CBC coverage. Makes me wonder what you guys actually saw of the Sydney OC. Stilling waiting for the Aussies to make an appearance on the west coast.

Someone on Stormfans who watched it said that like 2 hours of the Canadian coverage was filler (more interviews and such) and that they wished they'd have known because they'd have gotten a little more sleep.

PostPosted: 08/09/08 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
norwester wrote:

That's what I wish NBC would have done with the US contingent. I'm used to interviews, seeing more faces, and lots of "hi mom!"s.

X_________

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: