RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Opals - Belarus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 08/08/08 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
After watching this game, I'm persuaded that Belarus will go through to the quarters. Good team -- bronze medalist at last year's EuroBasket, ahead of Latvia, the Czechs and France. Leuchanka, Troina, Snytsina and Veremeenko are all solid. It's too bad they couldn't draft someone like Biba, because that's their one shortcoming in comparison with the elite sides...

I agree. I think a lot of people overlook Belarus. They're big, and capable defensively - a trademark of most solid teams.

#NATC

PostPosted: 08/08/08 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shed wrote:
Highlights of the game:

The Belarusian coach's shirts. I think I did tie-dying like that in high school. Wink

Oh yes! Glad someone else mentioned that Laughing

PostPosted: 08/08/08 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
After watching this game, I'm persuaded that Belarus will go through to the quarters. Good team -- bronze medalist at last year's EuroBasket, ahead of Latvia, the Czechs and France. Leuchanka, Troina, Snytsina and Veremeenko are all solid. It's too bad they couldn't draft someone like Biba, because that's their one shortcoming in comparison with the elite sides...

Yeah, they looked a half-decent team, but it's also a reasonably tough group. Also, they didn't seem to score much outside 5-feet. It got a bit better in the second half, and obviously they were playing against one off the better defensive teams in the competition, but mostly they just kept shooting and shooting and missing and missing from the outside. If Latvia, Russia and Brazil all show up, they're probably going to have to hit a few more of those to win the couple of games they'll need to progress.

paigeme

PostPosted: 08/08/08 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Awesome! From photos I see that Kevin Rudd showed up to cheer on the girls, and he looks quite rapt too.

PostPosted: 08/08/08 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

K-Rud's got good taste Smile

PostPosted: 08/10/08 2:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shoddy first game from the Opals, but oh well. They seemed to be stuck in first gear for most of the game, with only a few occasional inspired sequences of play. They better turn it on when it counts.

Liked Belarus, but their guards are going to have to step up their game if they want to get out of the "Pool of Death". Liked Leuchanka's and Troina's games.

Requests to the Opals:

Dear Suzy Batkovic, pls remember you're a 6'4" POST. As amusing as the idea of a 6'4" post of your frame repeatedly beating her defender off the dribble or shooting from the perimeter is, I think you're a bit more useful down in the paint.

Dear Emma Randall and Hollie Grima, pls be less stiff-like. Or at least make your bloody layups (I'm looking at you Hollie)
BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/10/08 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I'm guessing they wanted to get some solid minutes into the starters with our next game being Brazil.

Don't bother, use your reserves, they should get the job done. Brazil is fielding its worst Olympics squad ever.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: