RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sylvia Fowles & Seimone Augsutus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanof33

PostPosted: 08/02/08 2:15 am    ::: Sylvia Fowles & Seimone Augsutus Reply Reply with quote

nice article on sylvia fowles and seimone augustus...guess whose got balls to leave their Russian team!! Cool...Big ones I might add Cool Smile !

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/26201489.html?showAll=y&c=y

"Legends have the privilege of being ageless"- Sia (movie)
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 08/02/08 3:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"I had to step up to the plate and have a good tournament," said Augustus, who will join former LSU All-American Sylvia Fowles on the U.S. team. "I don't know why my team in Russia didn't want to let me go but they found out after I didn't show up for practice. I wasn't about to jeopardize my Olympic opportunity. I had worked too hard and needed one more training session before I actually qualified."

Different players have different priorities. Augustus will be joining Taj McWilliams-Franklin with Galatasaray this winter...

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/02/08 4:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone that goes to that length just to get a chance at a roster spot - that's someone who seriously wants to be there, someone who will sacrifice, someone you're happy to have on your team when the pressure is on and there's a gold medal at stake.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Someone that goes to that length just to get a chance at a roster spot - that's someone who seriously wants to be there, someone who will sacrifice, someone you're happy to have on your team when the pressure is on and there's a gold medal at stake.

I agree 100 percent!

fanof33

PostPosted: 08/02/08 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
Quote:
"I had to step up to the plate and have a good tournament," said Augustus, who will join former LSU All-American Sylvia Fowles on the U.S. team. "I don't know why my team in Russia didn't want to let me go but they found out after I didn't show up for practice. I wasn't about to jeopardize my Olympic opportunity. I had worked too hard and needed one more training session before I actually qualified."

Different players have different priorities. Augustus will be joining Taj McWilliams-Franklin with Galatasaray this winter...

WhAT COUNTRY IS THAT...ISREAL?

bullsky

PostPosted: 08/02/08 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fanof33 wrote:
p_d_swanson wrote:
Quote:

WhAT COUNTRY IS THAT...ISREAL?

I think it's Turkey.

PostPosted: 08/02/08 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seimone is awesome. I'm glad she's on our team.

Quote:
“One of the best perimeter players in the league might say they need me but Seimone didn’t have that approach. She was going to do what it took.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: