RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Special Message To Everyone In The Playoff Fantasy Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicman 55

PostPosted: 09/17/07 10:48 am    ::: Special Message To Everyone In The Playoff Fantasy Game Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to iverson for winning the Second Season Fantasy Game. She made some really good selections during the Final 2 Rounds. And my honest apologies to anyone who was offended by the fact that I both created the Playoff Fantasy Game and then much to my and many other people's surprise ended up winning the Game.

I have a history of sponsoring Groups and participating, but this is by far the largest Fantasy Group that I have ever finished First in. So when I created the Playoff Game it was done so with 3 purposes in mind:
1. To provide a WNBA Game for the Playoffs since no one else was offering one.
2. To create a Game that a majority of the Managers would like better than most of us liked the Pick One Challenge.
3. To create a Game that Rick and I could keep Score for by hand.

In all sincerity the thought of possibly winning the Game never even occurred to me until we were well into the Playoffs and I had done so much better than expected. So I can tell you that I did not ever try to create a Game that I was ever hoping to win.

I would like to thank everyone who participated in the Game and especially each of you who hung in there until the Playoffs were over. The WNBA gave us a great Series of Playoffs this year. Hopefully that will translate into even more fans in the future.

Thanks very much to Rick for all the quality time he devoted to this Game by serving as the Official Scorekeeper. He did a First Class job. And thanks to iverson who created both the Series Efficiency Stats for the Yahoo Group website and the Injury Reports that were posted both there and on RebKell's site as well.

Thanks to RebKell for providing all of the web space that we used in order to make this Fantasy Game possible. And thanks to Cheryl for backing up iverson by doing some Postings when she was out of town. Rick and I both sincerely hope that the majority of the Managers did enjoy participating in this Game.

We have several Points Contributed Groups for Fantasy Sports, but the original one is a Weekly Group for the NBA in the ESPN Fastbreak Challenge. If you think that you might want to join that Group and I do not already have an e-mail address for you, please contact me at xtrapts@yahoo.com so that I can invite you to join when we create the Group in October for the upcoming NBA Season.

I will close by stating that many of us have been together in the Weekly NBA Group for several years now. We have become sort of like a large family in fact our Motto is We Are Family --- The Best Fantasy Group Around. I came up with the first part of the Motto and Rick suggested the second part.

Several Managers have stated that our Weekly NBA Group is their favorite of all the Fantasy Groups they have participated in. We have a Bulletin Board where Dan, John, Mike and I create regular Statistical Features. And a majority of the Managers try to help each other with suggested Line-Ups and other ideas.

If this sounds like a Group that you think you might enjoy being a part of, please let me know. And again thank you very much for the time you invested by participating in this Fantasy Game. I wish each of you Good Luck both in the Fantasy Games you are playing and in your life as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: