RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sacto Slender Up Front - Kara

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Blimp

PostPosted: 05/10/05 1:30 am    ::: Sacto Slender Up Front - Kara Reply Reply with quote

In re-visiting the dot com's piece on player views of their teams weaknesses and strengths from last season, I realised that I hadn't noticed Kara Lawson's comment on the Monarch's front court. Having recently branched out into commentary was Kara just shooting the breeze or has she become a spin-doctor?! I had to ask myself that question. Had I missed the intent of the entire piece? Was it just an off-season vehicle for players to have some fun? Confused
So I re-read the piece. Lisa Leslie's bit started out with the words, " Even though I won the MVP award . . . ", well I quickly realised that this was intended to be taken seriously.
So Kara's remark needed some explaining and to date I can't come up with an explanation for what she was actually meaning when she said the Monarchs were slender up front. Slender?
Powell and Scott 6-2;
Walker 6-4;
Brunson 6-3;
Griffith 6-4;
Andersen 6-7.
OK, I'm not getting it. Maybe Kara was referring to the training camp rookies? Hmm, Cisti Greenwalt 6-5. Holly Grima 6-2. Slender . . . Rolling Eyes I must be seriously missing something here but I don't know what. Just don't think that, for example, after winning the western conference final last season that Vodichkova turned to Jackson and said "Well Lauren don't those Monarchs have a slender front court!"

Keegan

PostPosted: 05/10/05 1:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe she wants the frontcourt to put on some more weight. They're not like Vanessa Hayden (then again, #1 who is? and #2 would you want to be?) I think Sac's posts are fine - they're lean yet strong.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/10/05 1:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Brunson 6-3

ROFL! She measured 6-1 at the pre-draft camp/combine last year

monarchgamespictaker

PostPosted: 05/10/05 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bulk is what we need! The bulkier tend to push our posts around. If they don't get bulkier then they need to learn how to lower center of gravity so they aren't quite so easy to move out of position.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: