RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who won the Sun-Sting game?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbri131014

PostPosted: 05/08/05 5:40 pm    ::: Who won the Sun-Sting game? Reply Reply with quote

The dot come doesnt have a gametracker or Final score yet up!

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 05/08/05 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conn 69, Charlotte 64

http://www.msgnetwork.com/wnbaeboxscore.jsp?file=20050508WNBA-CONNECTICU0

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 05/08/05 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Conn 69, Charlotte 64

http://www.msgnetwork.com/wnbaeboxscore.jsp?file=20050508WNBA-CONNECTICU0

Thanks

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 05/08/05 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's interesting, as Connecticut was up by 19 with less than 3 minutes to go.

gopherfan

PostPosted: 05/08/05 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing McCarville back at her silly Foul trouble. hopefully none of them fouls were one of her picks. Wink It look like she did good on the first preseason game. Hopefully she will get more rebound and more assist as the season progress. I cant wait to hear from dtsnms and hear that she made all those cool pass she dose.

Keegan

PostPosted: 05/08/05 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laura had the most minutes out of the Sun players. Looks like she did ok but not sure what's up with her FT shooting - she was 70% in the WNBL season but only 20% in the States.
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 05/08/05 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Janel didn't play all that well, as Asjha Jones and Taj kept her locked down pretty tight. She ran out of gas at some points, and had happy feet, but she did have a good pass or two. She did have a block (I think) and a couple of nice baskets, but other than that, her performance was rather underwhelming. I'm sure she'll do better next game.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/08/05 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice to see Laura (Summerton) having a better game this time around, although again she struggled from the free throw line with 1/4.
Don't know what's up with that. In the WNBL she averages 71% from the stripe.

PostPosted: 05/08/05 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Laura had the most minutes out of the Sun players. Looks like she did ok but not sure what's up with her FT shooting - she was 70% in the WNBL season but only 20% in the States.

Laura was a new woman today!! She diving on the floor, grabbing rebounds, everywhere on defense, and made some nice shots. Her FTs are definitely suspect as is her jumper, but all in all, she looked good today. Definitely made a case for herself.

Keegan

PostPosted: 05/08/05 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Nice to see Laura (Summerton) having a better game this time around, although again she struggled from the free throw line with 1/4.
Don't know what's up with that. In the WNBL she averages 71% from the stripe.

Jinx Wink
Keegan

PostPosted: 05/08/05 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Laura was a new woman today!! She diving on the floor, grabbing rebounds, everywhere on defense, and made some nice shots. Her FTs are definitely suspect as is her jumper, but all in all, she looked good today. Definitely made a case for herself.

It's a bit surprising because as Luuuc and I have pointed out, she's actually an ok FT shooter and she has shooting range (18 treys @ 39% in the WNBL season). Maybe she's still got a bit of nerves or still making the adjustment to a higher standard of game.

It's good to see she's making a case for herself and I hope she can stick as the 11th player.
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 05/08/05 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She has good form, they just seem to rim out or be too short. She's not missing by much, but she's missing. I'm sure she'll start making them soon.

I think the next two players to be cut will be Lacy and Montanana. In my opinion, I would take Strom and Derevjanik as the two guards, leaving Maria out. I don't like that fact, but I think Strom and Derevjanik at this point are better bets. The only player I see Summerton replacing is Brungo. The other roster spots seem full at this point.

Keegan

PostPosted: 05/08/05 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to agree, I see the Sun roster as:

PG - Whalen/one of the three guards
SG - Douglas/one of the three guards
SF - Sales/Wyckoff
PF - Taj/Jones
C - Dydek/Willingham

Which leaves the 11th player being Summerton, Brungo or one of the remaining three guards. I know Thibault said he likes to go with 3 point guards but maybe he'll like Laura enough to keep her instead. I'd rate her talent as easily being better than Brungo or the remaining three guards.
accommodatingly

PostPosted: 05/08/05 7:18 pm    ::: Summerton's FTs Reply Reply with quote

What's the Australian ball size? Is it the small ball, or the big one used in last year's Olympics? If it's the big ball, that might explain Summerton's bad FT%-- though 1-4 for a 71% shooter can also be explained just by chance. (Play lots of games where she gets 4 FTs, and in a plurality of them she'll make 3-4; in some, though, she'll make 4, 2, 1, or none.)

Keegan

PostPosted: 05/08/05 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everybody uses the small ball now. Last WNBL season is the first time we used it.

Laura is 71% from the field in preseason and 20% from the FT line. Fun stat - she led the WNBL in FG% at 54.6%.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: