RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sun vs Charlotte

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 05/08/05 9:17 am    ::: Sun vs Charlotte Reply Reply with quote

Anyone want me to look for anything/anyone in particular?

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 05/08/05 9:34 am    ::: Re: Sun vs Charlotte Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Anyone want me to look for anything/anyone in particular?

Can Conlon play the 2 (that is, alongside Lindsay)?

Does Charlotte have an offense? Who does Charlotte want to take their shots? (Feaster? Mazz?)

How does Perkins look?

Lindsay vs Janel anecdotes are welcome, as always.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/08/05 9:37 am    ::: Re: Sun vs Charlotte Reply Reply with quote

Is Mazzante able to create a shot against the tough defense she will be facing, or does she go solely off set plays?

How does Large Marge loo? Does she look happy to be part of the Sun?

And of course, how is my girl KT looking? And who backs her up when she sits?

And how does Jones like Baby AJ?

Thanks as always DTS.

SportsPageMike

PostPosted: 05/08/05 9:42 am    ::: Should be an interesting game Reply Reply with quote

A battle of the Sting's post players against our young guard play. Yes, Maria can play the #2 and can Linsday. So it really does not matter who has the ball.

It should be an interesting game. I can't wait to be there to watch it.

Until later, for all mom's have a Happy Mothers Day.

PostPosted: 05/08/05 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Which player is happiest to see & sign their baby baller?

PostPosted: 05/08/05 9:57 am    ::: Re: Sun vs Charlotte Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Is Mazzante able to create a shot against the tough defense she will be facing, or does she go solely off set plays?

How does Large Marge loo? Does she look happy to be part of the Sun?

And of course, how is my girl KT looking? And who backs her up when she sits?

And how does Jones like Baby AJ?

Thanks as always DTS.

Matty no Marge today; KT is supposed to be there, but not sure if she'll play.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/08/05 10:14 am    ::: Re: Sun vs Charlotte Reply Reply with quote

Thanks. I am a little behind lately. Good to know.

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 05/08/05 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Every single thing, 'natch! Sun vs. Sting sounds like a good one!

Tell us about Mazzante. Did the WNBL do her any good? What about Janel McCarville. How does she do against an experienced WNBA forward-center like Taj?

And please feed us your opinion on the Jen D.-Maria-Jess game of musical chairs for the two spots available to back up Whalen. Who's going to survive the cut?

Thanks!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 05/08/05 10:25 am    ::: Re: Sun vs Charlotte Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Thanks. I am a little behind lately. Good to know.

Actually it was the last line in an article in today's Hartford Courant or I wouldn't have known either, so you're not behind!

styxfan22

PostPosted: 05/08/05 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How does Anna M. look in the game today? Any chance she make make the final roster? She and McCarve were the best passing post players in the NCAA. I'd like to see them match up.

Thanks, dtsnms.

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 05/08/05 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jen Lacy how does she do thanks Very Happy

jersey_stupka

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 05/08/05 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okay i took the drive up from new yawk to see cha vs. sun...

it was a real preseason game...and the refs were foul call happy which slowed things down a lot. one of the same refs as was calling the lib/seattle game...but he wasn't the one who was foul happy...

sun looked a lot more together than sting. thought sting was gonna do much much better than they did. dawn was fine, helen darling is a headless chicken...she seems to have digressed...tan smith was good as was sheri sam..mccarville got into foul trouble 8 min into the game...but in all...she was just okay...not all that impressive on the outing.

the sun was good. whalen, sales, KT, even brooke (nice to see her back playing altho she is a sharp dresser). liked jen b.? and the crowd LOVES maria conlon...altho not sure why...la'coe had a nice game. mike t. was playing his bench a lot since at one point sun had a 20 pt lead.

lots of fumbling, missed passes...started to resemble a rugby match at one point.

highlight was sting player shot where the ball got stuck between rim and backboard...and Taj who was on the sidelines, came in and got the ball unstuck to the roar of the crowd...

it was an okay game...fun to see both teams again. not crazy about the harboryard arena...but hell, its a lot closer than the reservation...and the crowd was so quiet that you could hear trudie calling plays and players yelling things...

sun looked good..don't know all the rooks...but the sting looked surprising ly bad...of course it don't count...and the main thing is that the season is coming..yippee eye oh...mf...

gumption72

PostPosted: 05/08/05 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:
okay i took the drive up from new yawk to see cha vs. sun...

it was a real preseason game...and the refs were foul call happy which slowed things down a lot. one of the same refs as was calling the lib/seattle game...but he wasn't the one who was foul happy...

sun looked a lot more together than sting. thought sting was gonna do much much better than they did. dawn was fine, helen darling is a headless chicken...she seems to have digressed...tan smith was good as was sheri sam..mccarville got into foul trouble 8 min into the game...but in all...she was just okay...not all that impressive on the outing.

the sun was good. whalen, sales, KT, even brooke (nice to see her back playing altho she is a sharp dresser). liked jen b.? and the crowd LOVES maria conlon...altho not sure why...la'coe had a nice game. mike t. was playing his bench a lot since at one point sun had a 20 pt lead.

lots of fumbling, missed passes...started to resemble a rugby match at one point.

highlight was sting player shot where the ball got stuck between rim and backboard...and Taj who was on the sidelines, came in and got the ball unstuck to the roar of the crowd...

it was an okay game...fun to see both teams again. not crazy about the harboryard arena...but hell, its a lot closer than the reservation...and the crowd was so quiet that you could hear trudie calling plays and players yelling things...

sun looked good..don't know all the rooks...but the sting looked surprising ly bad...of course it don't count...and the main thing is that the season is coming..yippee eye oh...mf...

Hey thanks, Jersey, for the rundown of the game. You made it real for me... The dot com didn't have the box score or the flash thing working, so I am one starved fan and my two favorite players were on the floor today! This is one time that I just wish I had my own pilot, plane and a platinum credit card... okay, a paid off light blue credit card would be nice, too... thanks again for quenching this girl's thirst! Signed, 'maroon'ed in minnesota today! Wah!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: