Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 05/07/05 9:48 pm    ::: Det 76 Minnesota 70 Reply Reply with quote

According to yahoo, no details.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 05/08/05 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Box score available on the Lynx home page (www.lynxbasketball.com)...

Keegan

PostPosted: 05/08/05 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hayden fouled out in 10 minutes? Wow.

73 fouls overall? It must have been a very physical one.
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 05/08/05 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
Box score available on the Lynx home page (www.lynxbasketball.com)...

I don't see it.

quester

PostPosted: 05/08/05 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't see it either.

Try this one:

http://sports.espn.go.com/wnba/boxscore?gameId=250507008

Keegan

PostPosted: 05/08/05 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Direct link

http://www.wnba.com/media/lynx/Box050705.pdf
quester

PostPosted: 05/08/05 1:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even Better!

Thanx!

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 05/08/05 1:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm looking for this one though:

http://scores.nba.com/games/20050507/DETMIN/wnbaboxscoreprint.html

jfox108

PostPosted: 05/08/05 1:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just pulled in from the 3 hour drive home from KC from this game. NO WAY THE SHOCK SHOULD HAVE WON!!! Was not as physical as the box score indicated - more accurately reflects the poor officiating! Yes, Hayden fouled out, Ohlde fouled out I think and most other Lynx players with 3-5 fouls. Lynx looked good IMO. Looks like they'll easily cut one player, April McDivtt, who got hit really hard in the shoulder and had to leave the game. Not sure how many more they'll need to cut or who they would cut. Shock looked disorganized if ya ask me. No Swin and no Tweety. No one else seemed to hit shots. Minn had about a 12 point lead when the refs (especially the female, short blond hair #21) started calling fouls galore. The senior official overturned one of her calls late in the game that played a huge advantage to Detroit. Shock got back in it and won the game on free throws.

I have to say how nice it was to see Katie Smith play again.

I'm going to bed now.

wadethered

PostPosted: 05/08/05 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, why did Tamika Williams start and then only play 2 minutes?

*Hey, look at that, it was a misprint!

therese_defarge

PostPosted: 05/08/05 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That is great news that Katie is back. I had heard she was likely to miss the start of the season. With the Lynx having multiple scoring threats I'm hoping she will be able to find more shooting space in 2005. Could this be the year Katie beats her all time season scoring record?

PostPosted: 05/08/05 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amber: 7 assists, 1 turnover. Music to my ears.

Jimi3

PostPosted: 05/08/05 7:40 pm    ::: Melisa Barlow stole the show Reply Reply with quote

Ok, I'm being a wise guy with my title line. She was trying to make the point of "emphasizing" hand checks. I would hope she and the WNBA feel like she made her point. If they had told me she was going to be the feature of the night I could have saved $150 bucks of travel and lodging plus the price of the tickets. Nah. I would have gone anyway.

Katie Smith looked great. I saw no flaws in her movements. She seems to me to be all the way back. The game had absolutly no flow to it with all the fouls. Btw, it was NOT physical. The Big 12 tourney was WAY more physical than this game. If it was a regular season game I expect the players would have gotten really frustrated. In this case I think both teams just got very out of sync.

Congrats to the Shock.

PostPosted: 05/08/05 7:44 pm    ::: Re: Melisa Barlow stole the show Reply Reply with quote

Jimi3 wrote:
Ok, I'm being a wise guy with my title line. She was trying to make the point of "emphasizing" hand checks. I would hope she and the WNBA feel like she made her point. If they had told me she was going to be the feature of the night I could have saved $150 bucks of travel and lodging plus the price of the tickets. Nah. I would have gone anyway.

Uh oh, I think we found the new official edict. WAY TOO MANY hand check calls in the SUn-Charlotte game today, way too many. This is worth keeping an eye on!

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 05/08/05 7:52 pm    ::: Re: Melisa Barlow stole the show Reply Reply with quote

The hand check calls today were horrible. Completely slowed the pace of the game. I never knew having one finger touching the opponent was a hand check.

jfox108

PostPosted: 05/09/05 9:57 am    ::: Re: Melisa Barlow stole the show Reply Reply with quote

Jimi3 wrote:

Katie Smith looked great. I saw no flaws in her movements. She seems to me to be all the way back. The game had absolutly no flow to it with all the fouls. Btw, it was NOT physical. The Big 12 tourney was WAY more physical than this game. If it was a regular season game I expect the players would have gotten really frustrated. In this case I think both teams just got very out of sync.

Congrats to the Shock.

I agree - not a physical game by any means. Officiating just got out of hand. The worst call was towards the end of the game when Shock called timeout on the way out of bounds. Ref #21 didn't give them the TO and called it Lynx ball. SFO goes balistic and almost gets T'd up. Then the head official goes and talks to #21 and they reverse the call. Then SMS and the Lynx fans go balistc.

Seemed like a very long game and as someone else said, no flow to the game.

FeFi

PostPosted: 05/09/05 10:25 am    ::: Batteast Reply Reply with quote

I agree, especially regarding the "no flow" part. Looked like Detroit had no clue on running any kind of offensive sets. They just sort of winged it most of the time. I'm guessing most of their offensive output/flow comes from Cash and Nolan, otherwise I'd be a little concerned. (Nolan was there, by the way, apparently she just flew in from Poland to join the team.) Local gal Lingor didn't look that great..picked up 3 fouls in about 3 minutes (or so it seemed). No real scoring from her...looked like she was trying to do too much by herself. Braxton played a bit..made some rookie mistakes. Cheryl Ford looks like she's trimmed down quite a bit..very agile.

Minnesota looked good early on, but I think the fouls eventually took them out of their groove. Yes Katie Smith picked up nicely, shooting well from outside. I could see she was tentative about mixing it up too much though which is understandable. For a jump shot, she didn't even jump. I was very impressed with Jaqueline Batteast actually..she played very well, I hope she makes the team. Amanda Lassiter should really be more of an "Adia Barnes" type of player and not try to shoot it..they've got enough shooters, leave her in only for defence and put Batteast in her spot. King Borchardt looked really good too..steals and shooting. She ran the point nicely, I thought. And true, April McDivit pretty much sealed her fate with that hit..looked like she either broke something or dislocated it, was in lots of pain and her arm/shoulder in a sling. (Which is too bad, because I like her). Ohlde played well of course..and Amber Jacobs was really really good..she's much improved and was dishing up the ball left/right. She and Nicole seem to play well together..lots of high-low going on. And I have to reiterate, girl's got some guns...her arms are impressive!

I have some digital pix from my camera that I'd be happy to share...anyone want to host them? They're not great, but not bad either..

Also spotted in the crowd about 10 rows down from where I was sitting, Kendra Wecker coming in for the second half..lots of shoutouts across the court to Nicole on the bench. ps. she looked good too Smile

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 05/09/05 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I was very impressed with Jaqueline Batteast actually..she played very well

This is good good news. Batteast represents the 2nd rd draft slot they traded up to in exchange for Helen Darling.

Quote:
Amber Jacobs was really really good..she's much improved and was dishing up the ball left/right. She and Nicole seem to play well together..lots of high-low going on. And I have to reiterate, girl's got some guns...her arms are impressive!

This news is even better, especially the part about Jacobs and Ohlde developing a rapport.. How good can the Lynx become if they eliminate the turnovers from last season that came from inexperience and playing pg by committee? Good, indeed.

What about the first rd pick, Kristen Mann? Did she play?

jfox108

PostPosted: 05/09/05 11:17 am    ::: Re: Batteast Reply Reply with quote

FeFi wrote:
And true, April McDivit pretty much sealed her fate with that hit..looked like she either broke something or dislocated it, was in lots of pain and her arm/shoulder in a sling. (Which is too bad, because I like her). Ohlde played well of course..and Amber Jacobs was really really good..she's much improved and was dishing up the ball left/right. She and Nicole seem to play well together..lots of high-low going on. And I have to reiterate, girl's got some guns...her arms are impressive!

Also spotted in the crowd about 10 rows down from where I was sitting, Kendra Wecker coming in for the second half..lots of shoutouts across the court to Nicole on the bench. ps. she looked good too Smile

We were sitting in 2nd row in the corner section right by Minn bench and had to watch poor McDivit at the end of the bench. My daughter felt so sorry for her - knowing that you probably just lost your shot at making the team. And after each timeout, there seemed to be another empty chair between April and the rest of the players. SMS would walk down to the end of the bench to talk to the trainer and wouldn't even look toward McDivit. She looked so lonely.

We were next to a couple of KState STH and they spotted several of the Wildcat players in that section. They were both surprised to see Wecker there, too. Nice show of support for Ohlde.

Spotted Southwest Missouri State coach (soon to become Missouri State University - like we need another MSU!) with her new baby in the same section as the Wildcat players. Not a good game for Lingor and I won't be surprised to see her waived today.

Jimi3

PostPosted: 05/09/05 11:25 am    ::: Re: Batteast Reply Reply with quote

FeFi wrote:

Wow. You and I must have been sitting pretty close. My wife and I were in Row "A" of the "lodge" in the two seats on the end nearest center court. Our section was the one behind the Ohlde family and the KSU players.

Kendra played on the USA team that won the Gold in Croatia with Nicole and Kristen Mann. Nicole and Kristen kicked in some cash to help Kendra with the travel costs and they had some time together after the game. I saw Megan Mahoney, Chelsea Domenico and Claire Coggins there also. I'm told the KSU coaches and other players were there but I did not see them.

At least we know Mellisa Barlow's wistle works even if her judgment is not in mid season form. Wink

PostPosted: 05/09/05 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
What about the first rd pick, Kristen Mann? Did she play?

Mann played well. She shot 3-4 from the field including a three and 2-2 from the line. I think she should make the team. She moves well and seems confident.

PostPosted: 05/09/05 12:17 pm    ::: Re: Batteast Reply Reply with quote

Jimi3 wrote:

Nicole and Kristen kicked in some cash to help Kendra with the travel costs and they had some time together after the game. I saw Megan Mahoney, Chelsea Domenico and Claire Coggins there also.

I was looking for Mahoney specifically, but didn't catch her. I figured those were KSU players around her but out of uniform, I only recognized KW. I too was surprised to see her there given that SASS played the night before I think.

As for Kristen Mann..I didn't realize that she was a draftee. I figured she was a vet, she looked very comfortable on the court and played well. She fits in nicely I think..

Jimi3

PostPosted: 05/09/05 1:18 pm    ::: Re: Batteast Reply Reply with quote

FeFi wrote:
I was looking for Mahoney specifically, but didn't catch her. I figured those were KSU players around her but out of uniform, I only recognized KW. I too was surprised to see her there given that SASS played the night before I think.

Megan was the one with the crutch. Twisted Evil
She was sitting next to Stan Ohlde (Nicole's Dad). He was a big guy wearing a green Lynx shirt.

PostPosted: 05/09/05 1:29 pm    ::: Re: Batteast Reply Reply with quote

Jimi3 wrote:
Megan was the one with the crutch.

Ah, then I did see her Smile And daddy Ohlde

adjfan

PostPosted: 05/09/05 2:30 pm    ::: Re: Batteast Reply Reply with quote

I have some digital pix from my camera that I'd be happy to share...anyone want to host them? They're not great, but not bad either..

....If you have any pix of Amber, I'd love to post them on the web page that I created for her.

[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: