RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Swoopes On Sancho
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 05/05/05 5:25 pm    ::: Swoopes On Sancho Reply Reply with quote

Sancho seems to be the apple of everyone's eye. I can't wait to see and hear how Michelle feels to know that she will have someone with that kind of game by herside for the future.

http://www.thehrr.com/Free_MP3s/Houston%20Comets/2005/Sheryl_Swoopes---a_rebounder_like_Sancho.mp3

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/05/05 5:54 pm    ::: Re: Swoopes On Sancho Reply Reply with quote

MT_Swoopes wrote:
Sancho seems to be the apple of everyone's eye. I can't wait to see and hear how Michelle feels to know that she will have someone with that kind of game by herside for the future.

http://www.thehrr.com/Free_MP3s/Houston%20Comets/2005/Sheryl_Swoopes---a_rebounder_like_Sancho.mp3

Wow! Her Majesty needs to discover decaf already. I thought I was listening to Spanish for a second there.

She's excited about Sancho. I really don't think, folks, that this much buzz can be going around a player and her be the kind of rookie who doesn't see immediate extended minutes on a WNBA team. It may sound nuts but if she's a phenom she might even knock Tari out of the starting five before the season's over. (I should say the semi-often injured Tari.)

PostPosted: 05/05/05 6:04 pm    ::: Re: Swoopes On Sancho Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Wow! Her Majesty needs to discover decaf already. I thought I was listening to Spanish for a second there.

She's excited about Sancho. I really don't think, folks, that this much buzz can be going around a player and her be the kind of rookie who doesn't see immediate extended minutes on a WNBA team. It may sound nuts but if she's a phenom she might even knock Tari out of the starting five before the season's over. (I should say the semi-often injured Tari.)

So far, these are the comparisons made by those close to the action.

Van Chancellor: "Ben Wallace"
Karleen Thompson: "Mwade Mabika"
Sheryl: "Dennis Rodman"

Can't wait to make my own assessment.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 05/05/05 8:16 pm    ::: Re: Swoopes On Sancho Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi:

That's why I call her, Swoopez

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
BCBG25

PostPosted: 05/05/05 8:23 pm    ::: Re: Swoopes On Sancho Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
It may sound nuts but if she's a phenom she might even knock Tari out of the starting five before the season's over. (I should say the semi-often injured Tari.)

Jammer,

Up until last year Tari had missed 2 games since joining the Liberty in 2000 and none was due to injury. That's about 50 less than "Her freaking Majesty", not to mention her season-ending injury was far from season-ending and more like black-balling.
I don't know why the hell you are such an ass towards her, besides getting your facts wrong "semi-often", but I'm pretty good at remembering stuff like that when I prove people wrong.
Stick to your guns and let them thru, fella, we're on.

PostPosted: 05/05/05 8:55 pm    ::: Re: Swoopes On Sancho Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
It may sound nuts but if she's a phenom she might even knock Tari out of the starting five before the season's over. (I should say the semi-often injured Tari.)

Jammer,

Up until last year Tari had missed 2 games since joining the Liberty in 2000 and none was due to injury. That's about 50 less than "Her freaking Majesty", not to mention her season-ending injury was far from season-ending and more like black-balling.
I don't know why the hell you are such an ass towards her, besides getting your facts wrong "semi-often", but I'm pretty good at remembering stuff like that when I prove people wrong.

Careful, BCBG, you don't want to have to banish this thread to the Yellow River because you yourself started a tussle by calling me an ass.

I stand by my reference to Tari as semi-often injured. I didn't say she was often injured. The word semi was there for a reason.

Asserting that I'm being "an ass" towards Tari for discussing the possibility that she might lose her job to a rookie (for any number of reasons) simply because Swoopes has missed more games than Tari due to injury since 2000 ... is hard... well it's hard to even type, let alone accept. (Sounds like a contract clause.)

Your problem with me is that, perceptive and sparky type that you are, you perceive that I'm not gushingly grateful to have Tari on the Comets roster. 1000 pardons. I'm grateful to have her and that's going to have to do. I DO hope she sees limited minutes because we happen to have a world beater of a rookie who will not be denied her spot on the WNBA stage.

Now if you got a problem with THAT... it WILL BE on between us. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 05/05/05 9:13 pm    ::: Re: Swoopes On Sancho Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

Jammer,

Careful, BCBG, you don't want to have to banish this thread to the Yellow River because you yourself started a tussle by calling me an ass.

I stand by my reference to Tari as semi-often injured. I didn't say she was often injured. The word semi was there for a reason.

Asserting that I'm being "an ass" towards Tari for discussing the possibility that she might lose her job to a rookie (for any number of reasons) simply because Swoopes has missed more games than Tari due to injury since 2000 ... is hard... well it's hard to even type, let alone accept. (Sounds like a contract clause.)

Your problem with me is that, perceptive and sparky type that you are, you perceive that I'm not gushingly grateful to have Tari on the Comets roster. 1000 pardons. I'm grateful to have her and that's going to have to do. I DO hope she sees limited minutes because we happen to have a world beater of a rookie who will not be denied her spot on the WNBA stage.

Now if you got a problem with THAT... it WILL BE on between us. Twisted Evil

I see your reading comprehension has reached VeProf's level in this post. And how dare you say I banned posts when all I've done so far is watch you all macho men go at it.
I called you out on a WRONG statement that she's semi-injured. Well, she was injured ONCE in her WNBA career. I don't see you refer to Swoopes as being SEMI-INJURED even tho she has sat out 40-something games.
Your bias is towards Tari. You don't like her, period. You don't want her to do well for the Comets, so you are pimping the rookie even tho you have never seen her play a pro game in her life because all she's done so far is practice.
Implying that I'm calling you an ass is really ridiculous too because you're an ass towards Tari and you can't even contend that.
I don't want anything from you other than get your facts right before passing lies as truth. When you say she's semi-injured, back that up and tell me how many games she's missed, if she has a nagging/recurring injury, stuff like that.
When you make such statements, your free speech style of stating stuff like they are facts won't do it.
And I'm done trying to defend Tari. She's a big girl. She can do that herself. On the court.

PostPosted: 05/05/05 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can be injured and still play, correct? That's why Tari would always be mumified for games, right? Tari can be injured without missing games essentially.

BCBG, not gonna lie, when you put your mind to it, you're just as much of a macho ass as the rest of the guys on this board. No one here can say you can't handle yourself against the macho-est of the board. If you're ready to let Tari prove herself, then do it, and let us treat our player the way we want to without the constant criticism. I am full on with jammer in that it is 100% acceptable for Comet fans to form their own opinion of Tari and not rely on you for it.

Tari will probably be great this year. She will board, and pick up trash baskets. But Tari isn't going to be around forever, and Comet fans are gonna be anxious to see what the new girl on the block can do for us. Sancho is gonna need minutes to show anything, and they will probably be Tari's minutes.

PostPosted: 05/05/05 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tari has a history of being injured (remember the Mummy wrap from 2002). But Tari's injuries have NOT prevented her from PLAYING in 98.8 percent of WNBA games (160 of 162) from 1999 through 2003.

And last year, Blaze intentionally kept Tari out of games, despite clearance from Tari's own doctors in Florida.

So yes, Tari is injured...a good deal of the time. Have her injuries prevented her from playing? NO. Even if you throw in 2004, she has played in over 88 percent of games in the WNBA. Have her injuries prevented her from playing at an All-Star level? Only in 2004.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 05/05/05 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sh*t Storm radar is predicting a possible F5 in this thread.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 05/05/05 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
You can be injured and still play, correct? That's why Tari would always be mumified for games, right? Tari can be injured without missing games essentially.

BCBG, not gonna lie, when you put your mind to it, you're just as much of a macho ass as the rest of the guys on this board. No one here can say you can't handle yourself against the macho-est of the board. If you're ready to let Tari prove herself, then do it, and let us treat our player the way we want to without the constant criticism. I am full on with jammer in that it is 100% acceptable for Comet fans to form their own opinion of Tari and not rely on you for it.

Tari will probably be great this year. She will board, and pick up trash baskets. But Tari isn't going to be around forever, and Comet fans are gonna be anxious to see what the new girl on the block can do for us. Sancho is gonna need minutes to show anything, and they will probably be Tari's minutes.

Since when am I trying to pass my opinion as the greater truth here?
Jammer made a wrong statement, I corrected him, period. Was he an ass for it? Maybe not, but he knows I don't think he's an ass, just annoying sometimes, which I'm pretty sure he thinks I am too.
Cam layed the facts out better than I did. And yes, I have to be a "macho ass" if I want to put up with the jammers of the world...and still be able to use emoticons Wink

PostPosted: 05/05/05 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG,

THIS B.S. belongs here, but asking someone to apologize for something truly offensive is "a pissing contest?"

Message was edited by Slovy, DTS, Keegan, Cam, MB...

BCBG25

PostPosted: 05/05/05 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not to start that S&%* all over again, but none of you are innocent and don't hide behind that one time you felt offended because all of you had your go at it. And that's all I'm gonna say. Not taking sides here. Don't wanna...

PostPosted: 05/05/05 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Cam layed the facts out better than I did

Not a prob, BCBG. I knew what you were trying to say.

Keegan

PostPosted: 05/05/05 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A lot of players play "injured". Sure it's more of a concern among older players but I don't know why Tari is being singled out.

As for Sancho, I'll make the prediction that she won't make much of an impact *this* year. The post has a steep learning curve in the WNBA and Sancho is very raw, even by college standards. Usual disclaimer applies.
Smoovie

PostPosted: 05/05/05 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And last year, Blaze intentionally kept Tari out of games, despite clearance from Tari's own doctors in Florida.

She should have jumped Blaze, in the parking lot. How can you just blackball someone, like that? Blaze should have been woman enough to state her choice and stand by it with dignity. But no, she tried to use Tari's injury to mask her snake ass. I have no respect for spineless people, I swear. Tari will get nothing but respect from me regardless of what uniform she wears. Because she has put in her work and earned it, the hard way. From the opposing side

Blaze can kiss my

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
BCBG25

PostPosted: 05/05/05 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't seen Lyttle play, but I am pretty sure her learning curve won't be the same as other post players because she has Tari and TT to learn from. And Snow, why not, she's a 4th year veteran after all.

Smoovie, I need that emoticon on my MSN, I could use it a LOT!

PostPosted: 05/06/05 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

Since when am I trying to pass my opinion as the greater truth here? Jammer made a wrong statement, I corrected him, period.

I don't think you corrected me period, m. You misread my original generalization that referred to Tari as semi-often injured and tried to turn it into a specific argument of how many games she has missed due to injury in comparison to Swoopes, since 2000. What I said about Tari was the truth. (see below) I'm not a liar, it's certainly not my intention to lie, and I'm not by any means VeProf. (That's actually funny. Laughing)

Quote:
Cam layed the facts out better than I did.

Cam said, and I quote "Tari has a history of being injured." and "Tari is injured...a good deal of the time."

Jeez. I didn't even take it THAT far, m. I made a general statement that is completely keeping with the facts. If you agree with Cam then why are you dogging the jammer? (And I even put a semi in front of often.)

At any rate... I don't lie in my personal life and I don't lie under the pseudonym "jammerbirdi" on message boards because, as crazy as it sometimes gets on the internet, that reputation for having some integrity has always been very important to me. I would have changed my handle many times in 8 years (instead of NEVER) because why would I want to go and hang out for all that time with people who know me to be liar?

But in this specific case my statement wasn't even CLOSE to being a lie nor was it skating over the facts nor was it even empirically WRONG. I guess I'm lucky to be right in this case because given the conversational spirit in which it was intended I wasn't trying to present thoroughly researched data that would stand up to rigorous and hostile analysis.

Don't want to gloat but you're just wrong, m. And that's the plain and simple truth.

PostPosted: 05/06/05 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J, we'll agree to disagree on that one.
So far I've seen you call Tari lazy, fat and injury-prone. I am not gonna dig up posts, but you complained about her not going to Europe in the offseason, then said she would stay in front of the tv eating junk and now that she is not going to be reliable because of injuries.
You are being really tough on her and nothing you said was warranted.
And I admit I was tough on you, but you know I see red when it comes to some players lol

PostPosted: 05/06/05 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegs.

Knowing your love for the game, I think you will find Sancho Lyttle very refreshing. She plays the post with grace, not with the bone-crushing banging underneath that we all have come to love and adore.

Last Sunday, Tari Phillips took it right at whomever SASS had on the floor in the 5-spot, whether it was Palmer-Daniel, Feenstra, Kraavelt, ect. When Sancho went out to play the post, she was so quick she could either get around those bigs or just jump over them...Sheryl wasn't kidding about Sancho's ability to jump out of the gym.

I would not be surprised to see Her Majesty even set Lyttle up tonight for her first WNBA dunk...and it might even come on D-Nasty, if you can even envision that.

Win or lose this year, Comets fans will be falling in love with Sancho Lyttle...and we will even let the rest of you in on our affair. I don't know about her "impact" on the game, but she will be an encouragement to us all regarding the future of this league.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 05/06/05 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's funny but I remember people all over me about saying Whalen was going to be impressive last year, and this year all the Comets fans are doing the same thing about Sancho!

I hope she does well, I really do. I also think the first time she tries to go up and over a veteran like DMJ or LL or KV she's going to be picking herself up off the floor.

I think Keegan has a point; it's tough being a young post against these veterans, and I think she'll have a learning curve.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/06/05 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
J, we'll agree to disagree on that one.
So far I've seen you call Tari lazy, fat and injury-prone. I am not gonna dig up posts, but you complained about her not going to Europe in the offseason, then said she would stay in front of the tv eating junk and now that she is not going to be reliable because of injuries.
You are being really tough on her and nothing you said was warranted.
And I admit I was tough on you, but you know I see red when it comes to some players lol

Well you're going to have to handle a little teasing from me on the Tari thing because now that I know the button is there... Twisted Evil

BSBG, please believe this, it's the truth. I would love Tari to own the paint, all summer long, and to have the best WNBA season she's ever had. Yes I remain SOMEWHAT dubious because of her being 36 and concerned that she might have nagging injuries or come into the season out of shape. Those things popped into my head when I heard she was going to be a Comet so forgive me if I didn't immediately jump for joy at the news.

But it's important (if we're going to avoid further sparring on this subject) to understand that I'm holding my breath when it comes to Tari's presence in Cometland... I am NOT holding my nose.

I'm hoping that Tari's a monster for the Comets this year or, if not that, just a real solid contributor. I'm not going to be hard on her unless she really deserves it (or I just want to razz you), and I'm not anticipating much of either.

Tari's a warrior, as I said a few weeks ago, and that much I'm both sure and appreciative of. But I'm also hoping her minutes are nevertheless cut into, as I also do Snow's minutes, by our new romping stomping rookie post player on her way to ROY honors.

That's fair, isn't it?

PostPosted: 05/06/05 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
It's funny but I remember people all over me about saying Whalen was going to be impressive last year, and this year all the Comets fans are doing the same thing about Sancho!

I hope she does well, I really do. I also think the first time she tries to go up and over a veteran like DMJ or LL or KV she's going to be picking herself up off the floor.

I think Keegan has a point; it's tough being a young post against these veterans, and I think she'll have a learning curve.

Two words: Cheryl Ford

PostPosted: 05/06/05 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Two more: Ebony Hoffman. This is fun! Your turn, wait no, I'll do it!

Two words: Nicole Ohlde

My turn, two words: Ashley Robinson....

Hey is that a record for the shortest post by jammer? Laughing

But I get your point. Let's hope your right!

BCBG25

PostPosted: 05/06/05 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Two more: Ebony Hoffman. This is fun! Your turn, wait no, I'll do it!

Two words: Nicole Ohlde

My turn, two words: Ashley Robinson....

Hey is that a record for the shortest post by jammer? Laughing

But I get your point. Let's hope your right!

ROFLMAO, DTS. How is that for a new trend?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: