RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Comets: Canty PG starter? 10 man roster?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SORF

PostPosted: 05/05/05 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
SORF - you think Ragland makes the team over Adrienne Goodson

I think money will do in Goodson...cheaper to keep a rookie or a player with less time in the league than a 6 year veteran. I could be wrong...I wouldn't mind keeping Goodson.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/05/05 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
4ever_bball_fan wrote:
Why will Dominique have to even attempt a 3-ball? I think Swoopes, Arcain, Thompson (when she returns) and Goodie can handle that responsiblity.

Goodson is career 24% from three, Arcain is career 25% from three. Both are better than Canty, but neither is a consistent threat from long range.

Despite all the Pollyannas in H-Town, Tina Thompson will not be 100% when she returns. Every player that has come back from pregnancy has had a very noticable drop in their performance when they first return.

Quote:
Jury is still out on the Comets...but it is interesting to see so much discussion about them. I think it says something about how the posters on this board appreciate the league, where it has been and where it is going in the future.

People are afraid of them. If they can sort out the PG problem and TT is anywhere close to normal then The Comets are a serious threat to win it all.

WHAT DID HE SAY?!?!

Who stole the pilight-head? This is an IMPOSTER. I demand an investigation! Shocked

I'm speechless.

PostPosted: 05/05/05 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But jammer, some people seem to think that there's some possibility of Tina being close to 100% or Van working out the PG thing. In reality, there's no chance of either of those things happening.

PostPosted: 05/05/05 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
But jammer, some people seem to think that there's some possibility of Tina being close to 100% or Van working out the PG thing. In reality, there's no chance of either of those things happening.

Anyone who thinks that Tina is going to be a contributing factor this season, other than as a novelty attraction, is dreaming. But there ARE some pretty strong players to stand in at PF. (By the way, it become arguable as to whether that was even the position Tina was PLAYING the last few years.)

The point guard situation, in my opinion, isn't fatal to the team's chances of jelling and making the playoffs. A banging rebounding and big front line could help negate weaknesses at the point. A motivated Swoopes? Big factor there, in my opinion. Arcain contributing the stuff that she contributes.

Bottom line... if Sancho is the next Cheryl Ford... look out.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: