RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sun Training Camp Roster

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/26/05 8:30 am    ::: Sun Training Camp Roster Reply Reply with quote

Today's Hartford Courant had a list of the Sun training camp roster:

Guards: Jen Derevjanik, Katie Douglas, Lindsay Whalen, Erika Valek, Jess Strom, Anna Montanana, Shannon Howell, Maria Conlon

Forwards: Nykesha Sales, Jess Brungo, Asjha Jones, Le'Coe Willingham, Brooke Wyckoff, Taj McWilliams-Franklin, Jennifer Lacy, Kate Endress

Centers: Margo Dydek, Laura Summerton, Dena Williams, Beth Swink, Petra Glaeser

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/26/05 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Erin - I'm actually glad she's not going over. She's only a baby basketball wise and some more international experience before making the big leap would do her some good.

Laura Summerton is not a centre - she's a forward. However if we're basing it on these position designations, she'd easily win backup centre IMHO.
dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/26/05 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
No Erin - I'm actually glad she's not going over. She's only a baby basketball wise and some more international experience before making the big leap would do her some good.

Laura Summerton is not a centre - she's a forward. However if we're basing it on these position designations, she'd easily win backup centre IMHO.

According to the article in the paper Erin's going to be placed on the suspended list, and Futrell is headed to injured reserve. Keegan, did you look at the pictures SportspageMike put up? Is Summerton there?

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/26/05 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw the pics but I didn't see her. I did notice Jess Brungo looks a bit like her but Laura is better looking (you'll understand when you see her Wink )
bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 04/26/05 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know what position Coach Thibault has in mind for the 6'2 Swink. She played center all 4 years in college and everything ran through her, but she's got high and low post moves, a great low post passer, and an unselfish player. She finished as one of the nation's top scorers and shes made Academic All-American two years running with a major in biology & plans to become a pediatric dentist. But first she'll do whatever it takes to play the game as a pro, including playing overseas, because she loves this game.

She is one of my Western PA darkhorse candidates to make this team, along with Strom, continuing the tradition started by Brungo and Futrell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: