Board Junkies Forums

Teasley holding out
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/25/05 3:15 pm    ::: Teasley holding out Reply Reply with quote

http://www.ocregister.com/ocr/2005/04/25/sections/sports/pro/article_494762.php

TEASLEY HOLDOUT

General Manager Penny Toler said the team's position would be to wait for Teasley to end her holdout because the team is up against the salary cap. Teasley, entering her fourth season, led the league in assists last season.

"First off, it's not a rumor. But I'm not worried because she's not a restricted or unrestricted free agent," Toler said. "That's the way it goes sometimes. We're not going to overpay any player."

PostPosted: 04/25/05 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like I said across the street, this was bound to happen and Penny should have planned ahead.
dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/25/05 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
Like I said across the street, this was bound to happen and Penny should have planned ahead.

I read what you wrote; dead on my friend! You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool agents all the time!

MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 04/25/05 3:45 pm    ::: Re: Teasley holding out Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
We're not going to overpay any player."

So, Whitmore is worth her salary?

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 04/25/05 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does this mean that Teasley won't even have a chance to roll her eyes at Coach Bibby?

That would have been worth the price of the ticket. Actually, her issue is probably not with the coach or her team mates (well maybe she has an issue with Dink-more's pay), but with the management of the Sparks.

I guess she isn't going to fall for the the empy promise of a championship two-years in a row...to take one for the good of the team.

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 04/25/05 3:55 pm    ::: Re: Teasley holding out Reply Reply with quote

MT_Swoopes wrote:
pilight wrote:

Miko doesn't count against the cap since she gets paid in Twinkies. I can't blame Miko for taking if Penny was offering. I hear Spoon's charging for Miko to mooch these days.

Amen, Dts. That's all this situation is. It's like I said a while back, I hope Nikki signs a 1 year deal. She won't fit with Bibby anyway and Holdsclaw stunted her standing as heir to Lisa's standing as face of the franchise. There were a lot of promises that flew to the wayside when Mique came aboard.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/25/05 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was bound to happen to cap-strapped Los Angeles.

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 04/25/05 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did LA resign Tspoon? or is she retiring?

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 04/25/05 4:37 pm    ::: Re: Teasley holding out Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
MT_Swoopes wrote:
pilight wrote:

Miko doesn't count against the cap since she gets paid in Twinkies. I can't blame Miko for taking if Penny was offering. I hear Spoon's charging for Miko to mooch these days.

Why do ya'll keep saying that Tamika is mooching, does she not have her own place?

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 04/25/05 4:38 pm    ::: Re: Teasley holding out Reply Reply with quote

MT_Swoopes wrote:
pilight wrote:

That's what I was wondering.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 04/25/05 5:44 pm    ::: Re: Teasley holding out Reply Reply with quote

MT_Swoopes wrote:
pilight wrote:

It sound's like that's what she's saying.

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 04/25/05 6:14 pm    ::: Re: Teasley holding out Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta33 wrote:

Why do ya'll keep saying that Tamika is mooching, does she not have her own place?

Sure Miko has her own place. Everybody has their own place, but Spoon's is bigger and more fun. It's that southern hospitality thing Spoon has going on. It's the hangout spot. The difference between the rest of us and Miko (and some other people who you guys wouldn't know) is that the rest of us go home when the party/game is over while they stick around, watch the cable, eat the food and babysit.

As for Nikki, there's a place for her around the way too if she decides LA isn't in her plans beyond 2005. She'd solve NY's little point guard problem. Penny messed up and now she's going to turn the situation around on Nikki? That's not fair. Let the kid get what she's relatively worth. But no, because then, you'd have to do the same for Tamecka and Mwadi. I don't know how she thought bringing in Mique was going to be some smooth transition when Delisha was the one keeping everyone together. Penny should have known from jump that you can't build dream teams under a hard cap and satisfy everybody by telling them it's for the greater good but then you're turning around and overpaying for Miko and giving up the heart of the team for yet another ego/problem/superstar who's also making the max and will always be making the max.
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 04/25/05 6:21 pm    ::: Re: Teasley holding out Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

TEASLEY HOLDOUT

General Manager Penny Toler said the team's position would be to wait for Teasley to end her holdout because the team is up against the salary cap. Teasley, entering her fourth season, led the league in assists last season.

"First off, it's not a rumor. But I'm not worried because she's not a restricted or unrestricted free agent," Toler said. "That's the way it goes sometimes. We're not going to overpay any player."

I wonder if the Comets would be willing to overpay not just any player.

PostPosted: 04/25/05 6:25 pm    ::: Re: Teasley holding out Reply Reply with quote

Nikki, Nikki, Nikki!!!

I think I'll be in Carolina Blue when the Sparks come to Indy.

Should we all ammend our predictions posts ?

Smoovie

PostPosted: 04/25/05 6:29 pm    ::: Re: Teasley holding out Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight wrote:

TEASLEY HOLDOUT

I wonder if the Comets would be willing to overpay not just any player.

Whatever they're paying Big Tiff, it's too much

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov

Last edited by Smoovie on 04/25/05 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
sambista

PostPosted: 04/25/05 6:34 pm    ::: Re: Teasley holding out Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
Penny messed up and now she's going to turn the situation around on Nikki? That's not fair. Let the kid get what she's relatively worth. But no, because then, you'd have to do the same for Tamecka and Mwadi. I don't know how she thought bringing in Mique was going to be some smooth transition when Delisha was the one keeping everyone together. Penny should have known from jump that you can't build dream teams under a hard cap and satisfy everybody by telling them it's for the greater good but then you're turning around and overpaying for Miko and giving up the heart of the team for yet another ego/problem/superstar who's also making the max and will always be making the max.

uh-huh, this is exactly why we should have serious doubts about l.a.'s ability to field a team cohesive enough to win some games. remember, we've seen them falter with a lot less . . . activity . . . swirling about. and we haven't even started playing yet!

PostPosted: 04/25/05 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't it a bit early for L.A to be imploding already?
el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 04/25/05 6:38 pm    ::: Re: Teasley holding out Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:

uh-huh, this is exactly why we should have serious doubts about l.a.'s ability to field a team cohesive enough to win some games. remember, we've seen them falter with a lot less . . . activity . . . swirling about. and we haven't even started playing yet!

If I read the predictions correctly you and I may have accounted for this already. Add Bibby, Mique's moodiness, Mwadi's instability and Dixon's 'tude and this can get interesting. Even Lisa's mighty shoulders may not be ready. The FBC (one of whom may have decided to not even announce her departure) is just sitting back and watching. Maybe if Blaze is nice to us, we'll put a little bird in Nikki's ear.
Queenie

PostPosted: 04/25/05 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who had 'first day of camp' in the pool?

Wait, did we have a pool? If we didn't, we should've. Sorry, Spark fans.

{edited: well, looks like *someone* joined the party... but which ONE?}

PostPosted: 04/25/05 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Wait, did we have a pool? If we didn't, we should've. Sorry, Spark fans.

LOL!

You're right, we should have had a pool.

OK how about a "When Brian Winter Gets Fired" Pool?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/25/05 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

I had until Teasley and Holdsclaw got into it over the last Prozac in the bottle.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/25/05 6:48 pm    ::: Re: Teasley holding out Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
sebibb wrote:

If I read the predictions correctly you and I may have accounted for this already. Add Bibby, Mique's moodiness, Mwadi's instability and Dixon's 'tude and this can get interesting. Even Lisa's mighty shoulders may not be ready. The FBC (one of whom may have decided to not even announce her departure) is just sitting back and watching. Maybe if Blaze is nice to us, we'll put a little bird in Nikki's ear.

What can you say, LA Knows Drama.... Arrow

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 04/25/05 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going to wear my 'F U Pay Me' t-shirt in honor of Nikki underneath my Pool jersey. It should go nice with my 'Free Becky, Find A Point' hat.

Penny should just ask Miko to loan her back some of the money to pay Nikki. Then again, if Miko wouldn't do it for Sue, I doubt she'll do it for Nikki.
sambista

PostPosted: 04/25/05 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
I had until Teasley and Holdsclaw got into it over the last Prozac in the bottle.

aw, cam, that's just raw. could be true, but some things are better left unspoken. shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

PostPosted: 04/25/05 9:21 pm    ::: Re: Teasley holding out Reply Reply with quote

Forget about Blaze being nice....put that little bird in her ear...hell put a whole bald eagle if it'll help the cause!!! Teasley in NY could solve our problem (at least one of our problems). I'll get rid of everyone who shouldn't be there (ie. Donaphin, et al) to make room for Teasley!

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
sebibb wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: