RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

message for the Brigade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 04/19/05 9:08 pm    ::: message for the Brigade Reply Reply with quote

I am posting on this board in hopes that all of the people I intend to read this, Cam, Caune, JCW, and MB, get a chance to read this. Now....this is about 3 weeks late.....but when I know I'm wrong about something, no matter how long it's been since what I'm wrong about happened, I stand up and admit it.

At a point not too long after the 2004 season ended, I went on a public bitch and whine campaign regarding the Merc organization. Of and having to do with autographs and photos and such. I'm sure you all remember...at least partially.

Anyhow, the jist of my aggressive disappointment was not so much in regards to the condition the items sent to me arrived in...but my assumption that items sent to the granddaughter of my mom's best friend would arrive in the same condition.

Well, I finally found out about 3 weeks ago that the young girl received not only her Diana Taurasi autograghed photo (personalized), she received 2 other items signed by D and an item signed by the entire team. AND....she received her package 2 weeks before I received mine. I was not told what the additional items were but I do believe that the gesture goes FAR beyond the call of duty and proves beyond any words I can muster up what you all tried to tell me 6 months ago......this is a 1st class organization.

I guess I knew that all along, even as I vented, but chose to get into a pissing contest over it anyhow rather than do the responsible thing which would have been to take a deep breath and get facts rather than make emotional assumptions. Strange how it did not make me feel any better to have said so many regrettable things but at least I took some of your collective advice.....I cooled my jets and did not lose faith in the organization.

My sincere apologies to anybody whose feathers I ruffled. I learned a lot from the experience.

Go Merc!!!!

-Greg Adams aka PennyTfan

ps-Cleveland Rocks!!! Wink

aml10

PostPosted: 04/19/05 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh yes, i remember you Laughing

glad everything got sorted out for ya, patience can work wonders Wink

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/19/05 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember that! Glad to see your experience was the exception, not the rule.

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 04/20/05 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well, honestly.....considering that the young girl received 4 autographed items from the Mercury (my mom had only dropped 1 item off at the offices), I don't think that the condition I received my 2 photos in was anything more than purely an accident............ummmmmmmmmm.....just what y'all had told me from the get go.

and by the way.....yes, the crow is tasting delicious and I'm having no problem eating it. Although...........it's kinda hard to wipe egg of your face that is 6 months old. Laughing

mb

PostPosted: 04/21/05 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad some good countered the inadvertent bad.

Please share regarding Alaska.

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 04/21/05 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb wrote:

actually 2 good things happened. 1. I got to see exactly what you tried to tell me all along but was too bullheaded to listen to and 2. a young girl in Colorado who was a Sparks fan that idolozes DT is now a Merc fan that idolizes DT. After thinking about the whole thing and putting it into perspective.....the autograph I got from DT was in pretty good condition (even after some of it smeared on to Penny's photo)...the photo which was bent up is now pretty much straightened out after spending a month under a large dictionary so put into a frame, it's definately acceptable. As for the deal with the PT photo coming back unsigned but smeared with black ink....well, it wasn't the best photo of her so surely I can take a better one to have her sign and also....if I never got her autograph during the 3 years she was in Cleveland....maybe it's just not meant to be? Confused

Anyhow...long story short....at this point, I'm WAY more concerned with mending any fences I damaged with the Brigade over this than I am about anything else. Mostly this was serving as a formal apology (whether necessary or not...I felt it was.) and at the same time, I wanted to share how doing something extra not only made a young WNBA fan even more of one, she has left the darkside in favor of the valley of the sun!! Wink

I'm assuming that your request for me to share regarding Alaska is in reference to my location? Well, I was born in Sitka Alaska and spent almost all of the first 19 years of my life living either there, or in Juneau so when asked where I'm "from", I often reply by saying that I'm from Alaska as opposed to where I am currently living. In the case of the board here, I thought I'd mix it up and put where I am, and where I'm from.

caune

PostPosted: 04/21/05 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PennyTfan1 wrote:
mb wrote:

actually 2 good things happened. 1. I got to see exactly what you tried to tell me all along but was too bullheaded to listen to and 2. a young girl in Colorado who was a Sparks fan that idolozes DT is now a Merc fan that idolizes DT. After thinking about the whole thing and putting it into perspective.....the autograph I got from DT was in pretty good condition (even after some of it smeared on to Penny's photo)...the photo which was bent up is now pretty much straightened out after spending a month under a large dictionary so put into a frame, it's definately acceptable. As for the deal with the PT photo coming back unsigned but smeared with black ink....well, it wasn't the best photo of her so surely I can take a better one to have her sign and also....if I never got her autograph during the 3 years she was in Cleveland....maybe it's just not meant to be? Confused

Anyhow...long story short....at this point, I'm WAY more concerned with mending any fences I damaged with the Brigade over this than I am about anything else. Mostly this was serving as a formal apology (whether necessary or not...I felt it was.) and at the same time, I wanted to share how doing something extra not only made a young WNBA fan even more of one, she has left the darkside in favor of the valley of the sun!! Wink

I'm assuming that your request for me to share regarding Alaska is in reference to my location? Well, I was born in Sitka Alaska and spent almost all of the first 19 years of my life living either there, or in Juneau so when asked where I'm "from", I often reply by saying that I'm from Alaska as opposed to where I am currently living. In the case of the board here, I thought I'd mix it up and put where I am, and where I'm from.

Very Happy Very Happy
Honey, the brigade have very short memories, thanks to rasberry kamikazees Wink so no worries!

mb

PostPosted: 04/21/05 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Buy a round at Majerle's when you visit PHX and all will be well.

Note: a round can include diet cokes just as easy as rasberry commies.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/21/05 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Not to mention gin and tonic.

Don't worry about cost. MB knows the Majerle's servers...all of them. Laughing

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/21/05 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Don't worry about cost. MB knows the Majerle's servers...all of them. Laughing

In what sense? Wink

They better still have Blinking Hats!
PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 04/21/05 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb wrote:
Buy a round at Majerle's when you visit PHX and all will be well.

well damn.......is Majerle's a pit stop after pre-season games too? I MIGHT be at the May 15 game vs. Indy. Kind of a strange deal there. Roadtrip with the parents and we are supposed to arrive PHX by 2pm that day. If so, I've already told them that they'll need to kill me to keep me from going to the the game. Ummm...I probably should not have offered that option. Surprised Unfortunately, I have a summer full of obligations to Special Olympics of Cleveland (as a volunteer....not as an athlete Exclamation ) so May 15 is the only opportunity I have to hit a Mercury game in Phoenix this season. Well.....actually.....the timing would be perfect for a trip out west come playoff time. I shouldn't get ahead of myself.

Anyhow....yes, consider this an I.O.U. for 1 round (maybe more if someone gets me into one of those Raspberry Commies. I'm a HAPPY drunk. Laughing ). Oh...and diet cokes are fine to order...but only if that's what you WANT to order.

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 04/21/05 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wait a second......I just found 2 potential windows of opportunity this summer. Jul. 13 (Charlotte) and 15 (Was) or Aug. 12 (Sac.), 14 (Indiana), and 16 (Detroit).

I think I might have to start doing some serious research on this.

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/21/05 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PennyTfan1 wrote:
Aug. 12 (Sac.), 14 (Indiana), and 16 (Detroit).

I'll be in Phoenix then!
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/21/05 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And my birthday is August 13! It's party time for the Brigade!

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 04/21/05 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
And my birthday is August 13! It's party time for the Brigade!

more "pin the tail on LL" games no doubt!! Wink

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 04/21/05 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
PennyTfan1 wrote:
Aug. 12 (Sac.), 14 (Indiana), and 16 (Detroit).

I'll be in Phoenix then!

Believe it or not, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw 3 home games in 5 days. Figured that was as close to perfect as it's going to get for a trip of that distance.

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 04/21/05 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, PT. I really don't think you needed to worry about that other stuff. Like cuane said, we have short memories and contrary to what some others might say, we don't always see eye to eye on everything amongst ourselves, so it isn't hard to find a friend in someone we may disagree with.

Quote:
Anyhow...long story short....at this point, I'm WAY more concerned with mending any fences I damaged with the Brigade over this than I am about anything else. Mostly this was serving as a formal apology (whether necessary or not...I felt it was.) and at the same time, I wanted to share how doing something extra not only made a young WNBA fan even more of one, she has left the darkside in favor of the valley of the sun!!

It is really difficult to damage any fences when it comes to the Brigade. And other than that one incident, you have always seemed to be open minded. Everyone has a bad moment from time to time. And considering the circumstances at the time, it was easy to understand your feelings.

As for the diet coke, mb was ordering for me!! It is good you are coming to Phoenix. Hopefully we can help you have a positive experience you won't likely forget.

BTW - I go by sportsfan here and jcwAZ on the ESPN board, just in case you didn't know who I was. Sometimes it even confuses me.

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 04/21/05 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sportsfan48 wrote:
Thanks, PT. I really don't think you needed to worry about that other stuff. Like cuane said, we have short memories and contrary to what some others might say, we don't always see eye to eye on everything amongst ourselves, so it isn't hard to find a friend in someone we may disagree with.

Quote:
Anyhow...long story short....at this point, I'm WAY more concerned with mending any fences I damaged with the Brigade over this than I am about anything else. Mostly this was serving as a formal apology (whether necessary or not...I felt it was.) and at the same time, I wanted to share how doing something extra not only made a young WNBA fan even more of one, she has left the darkside in favor of the valley of the sun!!

It is really difficult to damage any fences when it comes to the Brigade. And other than that one incident, you have always seemed to be open minded. Everyone has a bad moment from time to time. And considering the circumstances at the time, it was easy to understand your feelings.

As for the diet coke, mb was ordering for me!! It is good you are coming to Phoenix. Hopefully we can help you have a positive experience you won't likely forget.

BTW - I go by sportsfan here and jcwAZ on the ESPN board, just in case you didn't know who I was. Sometimes it even confuses me.

I appreciate that. I've always considered the Brigade as being quite fair. I should know that disagreements can get heated on the board but I've never seen a grudge held unless a person was a repeat offender (2 names come to mind from the ESPN board.... Laughing ) and even then, I don't think it's a complete and total grudge.

If it's a diet coke you want, then it's a diet coke you shall get!! I have been known, though, for buying a round of shots for any takers after a game IF the home team won the game. (that is usually in addition to a "normal" round of drinks.)

I truly hope a regular season trip can work for me. I honestly had not considered it, thinking that my summer was too booked up to allow enough time/money for a trip west....but one or the other of the dates I mentioned MUST be able to work for me. I just need to use my Travel Agent skills to get hooked up at the Hyatt because it seems that I'll need to be within walking distance. Wink

Curious.......are there any hotels closer to AmWest/Majerle's than Hyatt? I honestly can not recall any other hotels in the area but downtown has changed a LOT since I lived in Phoenix.

mb

PostPosted: 04/21/05 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
more "pin the tail on LL" games no doubt!!

ROFLMAO! Twisted Evil

The Hyatt is separated from Majerle's by a parking garage...doesn't get any closer than that...AWA is another block south.

If this summer is anything like last summer...(others will fill in here)

mb

PostPosted: 04/21/05 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.gotnext.com/mercury/viewtopic.php?t=1310

MNfan22

PostPosted: 04/21/05 10:57 pm    ::: Thanks MB Reply Reply with quote

Man what a schedule for the Merc in the month of Aug.
8 of their final 11 gms @ home. (yes I know on the flip side your team is never home to start the season) That is one odd schedule.

Anyway, looks like I may miss some of you visitors. I'm looking to make it down there for the Lynx/Merc match up on 8/21 & hope to be in town in time to catch the 8/19 SASS gm. I hope the Brigade is not tired of entertaining by then Wink

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/21/05 11:03 pm    ::: Re: Thanks MB Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
That is one odd schedule.

I think that's because of some circus that comes into the AWA during the early summer months.

I'll be in Phoenix from the 11th till the end of the regular season.
PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 04/21/05 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb wrote:
http://www.gotnext.com/mercury/viewtopic.php?t=1310

That thread rocks!!! As a travel agent, I have tons of info at my disposal but often times, it's difficult to get a moment to use my resources for personal reasons. The manager seems to frown on that for some reason. Any info I might have needed was contained in one easy place. Thanks SO much for sharing.

I feel kinda guilty after seeing a lot of the comments about the cost at the Hyatt though. Since I am not sure which trip I might be able to take, I just reserved a room there for both July and Aug. and got a rate of $60 per night for both. I guess having an IATAN card really does pay off. Now if I can just bamboozle Continental Airlines into giving me seats so I can use a free pass (not an easy task at all)......I'll be set.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 04/21/05 11:22 pm    ::: Re: Thanks MB Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:

Well good lord I guess the entertaining will never let up !!!

Well Keegs if I get to meet you I could maybe hook you up w/the sport gossip guy @ the St Paul paper & he can call you direct for any mid season trades & insider WNBA info. You'll be even more famous in the upper midwest Razz

1carol

PostPosted: 04/22/05 12:38 am    ::: Re: Thanks MB Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
MNfan22 wrote:
That is one odd schedule.

I think that's because of some circus that comes into the AWA during the early summer months.

June has NBA playoffs with the Suns (hopefully) having home court advantage then 2 weeks of circus in July.

The Brigade doesn't ever get tired of entertaining. Last year it seems we had visitors to party with most weekends. After the Olympic break the party really got going 9/4 weekend with visitors from everywhere. Then it just kept going with weeble & our 2 Aussies till the season ended. We tried to keep weeble but she finally got away. Twisted Evil Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: