RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mystics @ Storm - 5/25/24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/25/24 9:30 am    ::: Mystics @ Storm - 5/25/24 Reply Reply with quote

Seattle, WA - 9:00 PM ET
TV: FOX 13+, MNMT, (Amazon Prime Video - Seattle)

Video stream:
https://www.amazon.com/Washington-Mystics-at-Seattle-Storm/dp/B0CWDF2FFG/

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/256517

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/1022400028/WAS-vs-SEA

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 05/26/24 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mühl only got 3:35 playtime in a 32 point blowout?

so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 05/26/24 1:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I don't understand why her playing time is the only thing that seems to matter to anyone watching this game.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/26/24 3:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so-many-pickles wrote:
Shades wrote:

I don't understand why her playing time is the only thing that seems to matter to anyone watching this game.

I didn’t watch it. That’s why I’m curious with what’s up with that.
Looks like nobody watched it, or maybe it’s too painful for Mystcs fan to comment.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 05/26/24 5:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

for all the hoopla of her visa not clearing - it seemed like the team/staff was WAITING for her to join the rotation.
so yeah, after all the hoopla, she gets 3.5 minutes in a blowout - then who really cares about the visa?

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/26/24 5:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
for all the hoopla of her visa not clearing - it seemed like the team/staff was WAITING for her to join the rotation.
so yeah, after all the hoopla, she gets 3.5 minutes in a blowout - then who really cares about the visa?

I wonder if the staff feels she needs time adjusting/practice with the team before she gets time. I would imagine she wouldn’t have been able to do anything considered work, so that would include practice. Which means she’s a rookie that’s a couple weeks behind.

PostPosted: 05/26/24 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Late in the game, Quinn challenged a foul call on SDS. During the delay, SDS was talking to Muhl and explaining something. Appeared to spend most of the delay talking to her. I wish they'd have had a mic on her so we could hear what she was saying.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
ClayK

PostPosted: 05/26/24 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why does anyone think she will have an impact on the W? Her college career casts her as a backup, at best.

PostPosted: 05/26/24 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Why does anyone think she will have an impact on the W? Her college career casts her as a backup, at best.

Same could have been said for Kiah Stokes, no?

NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/27/24 1:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Kiah was a first round pick. Nika wouldn't have even been drafted in the second round if it weren't for her highly visible defensive performance against Caitlin Clark. I agree with Clay's assessment, although of course she could surprise because she's smart and works hard.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/27/24 6:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Kiah was a first round pick. Nika wouldn't have even been drafted in the second round if it weren't for her highly visible defensive performance against Caitlin Clark. I agree with Clay's assessment, although of course she could surprise because she's smart and works hard.

She’s also more skilled than anyone gives her credit for. Excellent passer, excellent defender. She’s got a pretty good midrange shot in transition, and she managed to significantly improve her shot over the summer.

UConn players have been underrated coming into the W for the past couple of year. I didn’t expect Kiah, ONO, or Jorka to be as good as they are. But I think Geno teaches skills that translate.

Nika seems to be very popular too. (Oddly seems like along with UConn fans, CC fans seem to like her) it’s only to the benefit of the league if a player fans like does well.

PostPosted: 05/27/24 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Stokes is a backup. She's been forced into the lineup by an unexpected retirement.

Most people hate poetry
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 05/27/24 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i don't think anyone expects or things muhl will be a star, but less than 5 minutes in a blowout - just expect more - personally shocked she is behind k. williams as third string for the time being.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/27/24 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Stokes is a backup. She's been forced into the lineup by an unexpected retirement.

This is true, but let's not disrespect what an impressive career Stokes has built since she was drafted as a player that most thought had zero future in this league.
There's no shame whatsoever in being a backup who averages > 20 mpg across your career. That may not be a star player, but it's still very much "having an impact on the W"

PostPosted: 05/27/24 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
i don't think anyone expects or things muhl will be a star, but less than 5 minutes in a blowout - just expect more - personally shocked she is behind k. williams as third string for the time being.

Since she couldn't get a work VISA, maybe she hasn't actually had much time to practice with the team and is still working on getting up to speed and back in to basketball/game shape. It's her first game of the season and the only reason she got any publicity if because of the VISA issues if she had no VISA issues and had been eligible to play at the beginning of the season I don't think any one is batting an eye.

Edited: correction her second game of the season.

Last edited by GEF34 on 05/27/24 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/27/24 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Since she couldn't get a work VISA, maybe she hasn't actually had much time to practice with the team and is still working on getting up to speed and back in to basketball/game shape. It's her first game of the season and the only reason she got any publicity if because of the VISA issues if she had no VISA issues and had been eligible to play at the beginning of the season I don't think any one is batting an eye.

Nitpick: second game.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/28/24 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As of right now Muhl is just a defensive player. Once she gets comfortable i think her play making abilities will improve. I for one did not think highly of her being drafted and making a team , but she has a following of course and they have a platform on social media so hopefully the talent reciprocates .

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: