Storm
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mystics
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

Shades

PostPosted: 05/18/24 9:15 am    ::: Storm @ Mystics - 5/19/24 Reply Reply with quote

Washington, DC - 3:00 PM ET
TV: MNMT, FOX 13+, (Amazon Prime Video - Seattle)

Video stream:
https://www.amazon.com/Seattle-Storm-at-Washington-Mystics/dp/B0CZKQWG4K/
https://www.monumentalsportsnetwork.com/live-schedule

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/256503

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/1022400014/SEA-vs-WAS

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bcdawg04

PostPosted: 05/19/24 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is apparently not airing on Fox 13+. Question

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 05/19/24 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

During a commercial break of this other show, there was a split second clip of Horston running down the court. What will we see after the commercial break??

Update: OK, now we have the game. That was stupid.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/19/24 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bcdawg04

PostPosted: 05/19/24 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess that's a smart foul - keep Seattle from getting a shot off and possible give Loyd a concussion.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/19/24 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why is that such a hard concept that Seattle would keep the ball on that challenge?? They had possession when play was stopped for the foul call. Announcer made it sound like it was SOOOOOO hard to explain.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/19/24 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDS gotta stop missing layups. Esepecially from the left side.

And her free throw!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
And1

PostPosted: 05/19/24 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Eric Thibault is not it. He’s gotta go. Sorry

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/19/24 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And1 wrote:
Eric Thibault is not it. He’s gotta go. Sorry

Hol'up. Let him cook.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/19/24 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I wanted to watch this game. But when I saw that the stars were missing I decided on a raincheck.

PostPosted: 05/19/24 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Shades wrote:

I wanted to watch this game. But when I saw that the stars were missing I decided on a raincheck.

It’s cruel AF to tell Nika she can have 6 fouls, then keep her out. Laughing

PostPosted: 05/20/24 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So first we heard that Nika Muhl's student visa ran out and she couldn't go to Canada. Now she can't play in America ...

Presumably this is a visa issue, but it's really odd. There are a lot of foreign players in the WNBA and other leagues, and this doesn't come up very often. Anyone know what's going on?

PostPosted: 05/20/24 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
So first we heard that Nika Muhl's student visa ran out and she couldn't go to Canada. Now she can't play in America ...

Presumably this is a visa issue, but it's really odd. There are a lot of foreign players in the WNBA and other leagues, and this doesn't come up very often. Anyone know what's going on?

I haven’t heard too many specifics,

One of the major differences though is it seems specific documentation is needed for Croatia, that isn’t for some other countries (specifically Canada and Brazil)

I believe part of the problem is also that she couldn’t apply for a work visa until her student visa ran out (which would have been when she graduated)
Most international players don’t have this issue because they initially apply for a work visa.

But I think the reality is just it’s just slower for some countries than others.

But this is just bits and pieces of gathered

PostPosted: 05/20/24 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

One of the major differences though is it seems specific documentation is needed for Croatia, that isn’t for some other countries (specifically Canada and Brazil)

I believe part of the problem is also that she couldn’t apply for a work visa until her student visa ran out (which would have been when she graduated)
Most international players don’t have this issue because they initially apply for a work visa.

But I think the reality is just it’s just slower for some countries than others.

This reflects everything I’ve heard about it, with the added detain that they couldn’t apply for a work visa until the draft (and presumably making a final roster). I don’t think graduation limited how early the application could be made, but rather having to have a job first.

PostPosted: 05/20/24 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know anything about immigration law or visa procedures, but it does seem that Muhl needs a U.S. work visa.

One of my puzzlements is: Isn't she getting paid by and "working" for the Storm even if she isn't being played in games?
mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/20/24 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

This reflects everything I’ve heard about it, with the added detain that they couldn’t apply for a work visa until the draft (and presumably making a final roster). I don’t think graduation limited how early the application could be made, but rather having to have a job first.

Ah, that actually makes more sense. Nika wasn’t guaranteed to make the roster, so she probably had to wait until the final day. Which is different from Cardosa and Aaliyah. (Along with it being a different country) Those two might have quietly been guaranteed spots a week prior to the actual deadline.

It would be hilarious if she gets it in time to defend Clark.

PostPosted: 05/20/24 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know anything about getting a visa for the US - my experience in applying for visas is limited to applying for tourist visas while traveling on a US passport (though most countries I have visited did not require visas for Americans).

Visa requirements can vary greatly from country to country.

I'm not sure why Muhl was able to play in the preseason game in Seattle but not in the game in Canada. I assumed Canada would not allow someone on a US student visa to play for a professional team. I'm surprised she was unaware ahead of time that she would not be able to play in Canada on her student visa. When she was ruled out, last-minute, of the home opener, I wondered whether her playing in the preseason game in Seattle was possibly a mistake.

I read that it can take 3-6 months for a work visa, such as the one Muhl needs, to get approved, but sports teams can often get those visas expedited.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: