RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mulkey's Pissed!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/23/24 5:28 pm    ::: Mulkey's Pissed! Reply Reply with quote

About story WaPo is apparently publishing.

Quote:
"Not many people are in a position to hold these kinds of journalists accountable, but I am, and I'll do it."

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39795254/lsu-mulkey-sue-washington-post-false-story-published

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
snichols

PostPosted: 03/23/24 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pissed, but not very bright. She just ensured that many more people will read the story when it drops.

Presumably, she knows what the story is about, since she got questions from the reporter. She could have tried to get in front of the story, but no, she just threatened the paper instead. That’s how we know that she hasn’t actually talked to any lawyers. If she’d actually hired the “best defamation lawyers in the country”, they’d have told her to keep her mouth shut.

So, what’s the story about? Racism? Homophobia? Abusive coaching?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/23/24 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone warned this was going to happen earlier this morning Laughing Laughing Laughing Mulkey has lost her mullet again

PostPosted: 03/23/24 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snichols wrote:
Pissed, but not very bright. She just ensured that many more people will read the story when it drops.

Presumably, she knows what the story is about, since she got questions from the reporter. She could have tried to get in front of the story, but no, she just threatened the paper instead. That’s how we know that she hasn’t actually talked to any lawyers. If she’d actually hired the “best defamation lawyers in the country”, they’d have told her to keep her mouth shut.

So, what’s the story about? Racism? Homophobia? Abusive coaching?

She was caught on location-surveillance video cameras looting Liberace's museum late at night....... Smile

linkster

PostPosted: 03/23/24 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From what I've read the writer has been around for many years and is an award winner. He has been asking for an interview for a long time and has been declined and now she is whining that she has no time to respond.

She must know that some unflattering things are in the article or else she wouldn't be trying to make herself the victim prior to it's publishing. j

The Post would be crazy not to publish it when wcbb is in the news.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/24/24 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
From what I've read the writer has been around for many years and is an award winner. He has been asking for an interview for a long time and has been declined and now she is whining that she has no time to respond.

She must know that some unflattering things are in the article or else she wouldn't be trying to make herself the victim prior to it's publishing. j

The Post would be crazy not to publish it when wcbb is in the news.

He is also a proud graduate from THE University of South Carolina.......

Cool

elsie

PostPosted: 03/24/24 1:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm waiting for an expose on staley......she can say or do whatever she wants apparently....

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/24/24 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
I'm waiting for an expose on staley......she can say or do whatever she wants apparently....

apparently.....

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/24/24 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
elsie wrote:

apparently.....

Dawn's not high on my well-liked list to begin with and she went even lower with the dog stunt yesterday. Not everyone loves you stupid, dirty animal like you do. Keep it to yourself. Common sense, common decency, common good manners, How many people are uncomfortable around dogs, but feel they can't say anything because she's Dawn Fucking Staley????

Businesses can't say anything for fear of looking insensitive to people who have legit needs. Too many people are too quick to take advantage of a situation and this day and age, decent people are too afraid of consequences to say anything.

Now back to Mulkey.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/24/24 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:

My my, another Staley hater comes out of the woodwork. You and "Michael" make a good pair.
\Kim would have done herself well to wait until the article, if there is one, comes out. She's done herself nothing but a disservice and assured that many more people will read just such an article though.

PostPosted: 03/24/24 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
elsie wrote:

My my, another Staley hater comes out of the woodwork. You and "Michael" make a good pair.
\Kim would have done herself well to wait until the article, if there is one, comes out. She's done herself nothing but a disservice and assured that many more people will read just such an article though.

Maybe that is exactly what Kim wants!

PostPosted: 03/24/24 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The thing I love is that no paper worth its salt is going to go to press without having a story like what Mulkey implied thoroughly vetted and cleared by their legal department.

Mulkey's stunt came off as the actions of a petulant two-year-old and pretty much serves as confirmation of whatever behavioral allegations are likely to be part of said article.
pilight

PostPosted: 03/24/24 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
The thing I love is that no paper worth its salt is going to go to press without having a story like what Mulkey implied thoroughly vetted and cleared by their legal department

The WaPo has long since lost the benefit of the doubt

PostPosted: 03/25/24 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:
The thing I love is that no paper worth its salt is going to go to press without having a story like what Mulkey implied thoroughly vetted and cleared by their legal department

The WaPo has long since lost the benefit of the doubt

If that's the case, we can expect Mulkey to sue the Post and win. I'll believe that when I see it.

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 03/25/24 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There a piece of me that initially thought “what if there is no story and this is a motivational technique” - that would make for an interesting story.

PostPosted: 03/25/24 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:

People always find a way to make anything negative about WCBB Dawns fault lol WTH . Geno has been doing and saying whatever he wants for 30 years now and its been okay so what's different for Dawn ? Her sex or her race ?

PostPosted: 03/25/24 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
elsie wrote:

People always find a way to make anything negative about WCBB Dawns fault lol WTH . Geno has been doing and saying whatever he wants for 30 years now and its been okay so what's different for Dawn ? Her sex or her race ?

Oh, I've talked about Geno's shit plenty. Remember the non "sucks to be you" comment?

It's in the rear view, so somewhat forgotten.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/25/24 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
elsie wrote:

Oh, I've talked about Geno's shit plenty. Remember the non "sucks to be you" comment?

Yes WE do hold him accountable im referencing the media aka Washington Post , NYtimes etc. they pick and choose who they go after and mainly its the women . Kim , Dawn , Muffett , etc.

PostPosted: 03/25/24 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Dawn's not high on my well-liked list to begin with and she went even lower with the dog stunt yesterday.

What dog "stunt" do you think Staley did yesterday? Perhaps I missed this......

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/25/24 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Dawn's not high on my well-liked list to begin with and she went even lower with the dog stunt yesterday.

Took her dog to the press conference.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/25/24 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
elsie wrote:

Yes WE do hold him accountable im referencing the media aka Washington Post , NYtimes etc. they pick and choose who they go after and mainly its the women . Kim , Dawn , Muffett , etc.

Sorry, I thought you meant everyone, not just the media.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/25/24 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Dawn's not high on my well-liked list to begin with and she went even lower with the dog stunt yesterday. Not everyone loves you stupid, dirty animal like you do. Keep it to yourself. Common sense, common decency, common good manners, how many people are uncomfortable around dogs, but feel they can't say anything because she's Dawn Fucking Staley????

Who hurt you?

Apparently she's brought the dog to SC's press conferences regularly over the last few years, so I'm not really sure it can be called a stunt. If anyone in the room had a problem with it like you're suggesting you'd think she'd have been asked to stop.

Ex-Ref wrote:
Businesses can't say anything for fear of looking insensitive to people who have legit needs. Too many people are too quick to take advantage of a situation and this day and age, decent people are too afraid of consequences to say anything.

Dafuq does this have to do with anything? Are you implying that she's faking having a service dog in order to get it on TV? Or that corporate investors should be mad about a dog being on TV without their permission? I'm seriously not getting the point you're trying to make here.

PostPosted: 03/26/24 8:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Took her dog to the press conference.

Some coaches take their dog to a press conference, other coaches tell their lesbian basketball players that they have to stay in the closet. Samesies, tbh.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 03/26/24 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought Mulkey aggressively consoling Savannah Wheeler was well-intentioned. but I laughed really hard when someone captioned it with, "Do you work for the Washington Post?? DO YOU?!?!"

PG4ever

PostPosted: 03/26/24 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

apparently.....[/quote]

Dawn's not high on my well-liked list to begin with and she went even lower with the dog stunt yesterday. Not everyone loves you stupid, dirty animal like you do. Keep it to yourself. Common sense, common decency, common good manners, How many people are uncomfortable around dogs, but feel they can't say anything because she's Dawn Fucking Staley????

[/quote]

How dare you call Champ stupid and dirty. And you're a dawg too, for chrissakes. Finally, it's Coach Dawn Fucking Staley to you. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: