RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jess Smith named president of Golden State

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 01/30/24 2:33 pm    ::: Jess Smith named president of Golden State Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/39422907/angel-city-fc-exec-jess-smith-head-warriors-wnba-team

Quote:
Smith takes the helm following a four-year run as Head of Revenue of the NWSL's widely successful Angel City FC, while also spending previous stints with the San Jose Earthquakes, Columbus Blue Jackets and Oakland Athletics.

PostPosted: 02/01/24 1:39 pm    ::: Re: Jess Smith named president of Golden State Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/39422907/angel-city-fc-exec-jess-smith-head-warriors-wnba-team

Quote:
Smith takes the helm following a four-year run as Head of Revenue of the NWSL's widely successful Angel City FC, while also spending previous stints with the San Jose Earthquakes, Columbus Blue Jackets and Oakland Athletics.

She's got an impressive resumé and is saying the right things. Most of the applicants for these type jobs know the script. If she can do at least as well with GS that she did with Angel City FC, she'll be golden.
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/06/24 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the interview I heard she sounded clueless to me in terms of actually knowing anything about women's basketball. But perhaps just knowing the business side is good enough so long as they also get someone who knows about basketball.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: