Aces
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Liberty
70%
 70%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 20

Shades

PostPosted: 10/15/23 6:12 pm    ::: Aces @ Liberty - 10/18/23 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Finals - Game 4
Brooklyn, NY - 8:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/eventCalendarId/401578574

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/248603

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/1042300304/LVA-vs-NYL

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/15/23 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I went on record back in July that I didn't think Vegas could beat New York in the Finals without Candace Parker, so I definitely don't think that they can win without Candace Parker and Chelsea Gray. Like, the Aces are still ahead in the series, and they only need one more win, so all it would take is for one of their bench players to have the game of their life, once, or for all three of them to play above their heads once... But EYE wouldn't bet the mortgage on it!

It seems imminent at this point that we're going to see history made, and it's not going to be the history I was hoping for.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/16/23 2:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
I went on record back in July that I didn't think Vegas could beat New York in the Finals without Candace Parker, so I definitely don't think that they can win without Candace Parker and Chelsea Gray. Like, the Aces are still ahead in the series, and they only need one more win, so all it would take is for one of their bench players to have the game of their life, once, or for all three of them to play above their heads once... But EYE wouldn't bet the mortgage on it!

It seems imminent at this point that we're going to see history made, and it's not going to be the history I was hoping for.

I do think the Liberty will win game 4. Just not enough time to develop rhythm with another player. I think Jackie will go off but it won't be enough.

Currently have no idea about game 5 except I expect there will be a game 5. I think the Aces will find out who their most valuable player is. If AT is the engine, Chelsea is the transmission and we know nothing works without the transmission.

~rAf
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 10/17/23 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gray and Stokes both out of game 4?

jmpenn90

PostPosted: 10/17/23 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per Hammon Stokes and Gray are both out for game 4

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 10/17/23 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/38681191/aces-guard-chelsea-gray-center-kiah-stokes-game-4

jmvcity

PostPosted: 10/17/23 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Alicia Clark will start and who else?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/17/23 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmvcity wrote:

Bell ? Coates ? Yikes ..Game 5 starts at what time again Friday ?

PostPosted: 10/17/23 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmvcity wrote:

Parker?

PostPosted: 10/17/23 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
jmvcity wrote:

Parker?

Would love that but I don’t think she was even at practice today.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/17/23 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
jmvcity wrote:

Bell ? Coates ? Yikes ..Game 5 starts at what time again Friday ?

Riquna Williams is available...

PostPosted: 10/17/23 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That knee injury of Chelsea Gray looked pretty serious. I'm guessing she's out for both Friday and Sunday games. It could be worse too, especially since Hammon didn't provide a more detailed report...but hope it isn't.

NY still needs to keep Laney guarding Jackie Young. Her relentlessly outstanding defense made the difference in Wednesday's game forcing the Ace's offense to work hard and sputter to easily score. Laney curtailed Young from running the floor, making layups and popping in threes. Young needs to be kept in the teens. Not surprisingly, along with most others, I don't believe A'ja, Plum and Clark will be able to pull the game out without Gray or Young running free.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/17/23 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still don't understand the scheduling for these games. No travel between games 3 and 4, but they get two days off. Between games 4 and 5 (if necessary), one day off and they have to travel damn near cross-country.

You'd think that ESPN would want a good product on the floor. Have game 4 tonight and 5 on Friday if you want it finished before the weekend.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/17/23 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Still don't understand the scheduling for these games. No travel between games 3 and 4, but they get two days off. Between games 4 and 5 (if necessary), one day off and they have to travel damn near cross-country.

You'd think that ESPN would want a good product on the floor. Have game 4 tonight and 5 on Friday if you want it finished before the weekend.

ESPN uses these games to fill gaps in their schedule. That’s why there are so many days between games. It is what it is.

jmpenn90

PostPosted: 10/17/23 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
That knee injury of Chelsea Gray looked pretty serious. I'm guessing she's out for both Friday and Sunday games. It could be worse too, especially since Hammon didn't provide a more detailed report...but hope it isn't.

NY still needs to keep Laney guarding Jackie Young. Her relentlessly outstanding defense made the difference in Wednesday's game forcing the Ace's offense to work hard and sputter to easily score. Laney curtailed Young from running the floor, making layups and popping in threes. Young needs to be kept in the teens. Not surprisingly, along with most others, I don't believe A'ja, Plum and Clark will be able to pull the game out without Gray or Young running free.

I think it’s a foot injury and not a knee injury. That’s what they are calling it and she is wearing a boot on her foot.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/17/23 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmpenn90 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

I think it’s a foot injury and not a knee injury. That’s what they are calling it and she is wearing a boot on her foot.

Yes, Chelsea's specific quote is "something popped in my foot."

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 10/17/23 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Official

PostPosted: 10/17/23 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Official

Riquana Williams, OUT, wrong foot

So Stokes just woke up with pain in her right foot and is now in a boot. Did Joan Jett resurrect her voodoo dolls?

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/17/23 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Official

Field day Jonquel Jones!

~rAf
zune69

PostPosted: 10/17/23 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Liberty winning game 4 or 5 is no guarantee even without Gray/Stokes......The combination of Aja/Plum/Young could easily go off for 70-80 points with Clark chipping in with 8-12 pts.....We don't know which Sloot/Ionescu is going to show up or if JJ is going to play well for only a half or get in foul trouble.......The Liberty have the advantage, but there's no room for error(Sloot/Ionescu not showing up)

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/17/23 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nothing is ever "guaranteed," that's such an obvious tautology that it's not worth speaking on. The fact is that Gray and Stokes being out means that New York's margin for error is ridiculously high: it's going to take multiple things going horribly wrong all at once in order for the Liberty to lose Game 4.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
zune69

PostPosted: 10/17/23 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Nothing is ever "guaranteed," that's such an obvious tautology that it's not worth speaking on. The fact is that Gray and Stokes being out means that New York's margin for error is ridiculously high: it's going to take multiple things going horribly wrong all at once in order for the Liberty to lose Game 4.

Of course, nothing is guaranteed. But there seem to be some people who think the Liberty are a lock to win games 4/5...As for your assertion that it would take multiple things to go wrong...Well...

* Ionescu has been terrible at shooting and defending
* Sloot has been terrible on both sides of the ball
* The Liberty have shot the ball poorly from 3 (28%:24-86)
* There's also the chance that Jones gets in foul trouble

If 2 of the 4 aforementioned things happen and Aja/Plum/Young play the way they did in games 1/2...I'd put my money on the Aces winning game 4...The Liberty was only up by 6 pts in the 4th qt of game 3 despite Aja/Young having subpar games.....Had one of them played up to their level the series is probably over right now.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/18/23 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmvcity wrote:
pilight wrote:
Official

So Stokes just woke up with pain in her right foot and is now in a boot. Did Joan Jett resurrect her voodoo dolls?

Literally when i saw that interview i was like WTF Stokes you just woke up in pain and dont remember how Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 10/18/23 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmvcity wrote:
pilight wrote:
Official

I hate to see anyone get hurt, and would never wish an injury on anyone. But I have to wonder if it's not so much about voodoo dolls and more about karma catching up with this shady franchise for all the shady shit they've pulled. The universe is undefeated. Even against "super teams."

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/18/23 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
I hate to see anyone get hurt, and would never wish an injury on anyone. But I have to wonder if it's not so much about voodoo dolls and more about karma catching up with this shady franchise for all the shady shit they've pulled. The universe is undefeated. Even against "super teams."

You'd think it'd be Hammon or someone in the front office waking up with random injuries, then.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: