57%  [ 8 ]
Aces
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

Mixolydian

PostPosted: 10/12/23 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

On offense, the Aces set on-ball and off-ball screens better for shooters and drivers, really move and pop the ball around, in and out, and get a lot of assists. The Lib are not as sophisticated at these things and rely on more one-one-one play.

On defense, it's no comparison in the last two games. NY has none. The Aces almost score at will.

The bizarre thing is these paragraphs could have been written about the Liberty a month ago but they feel like a totally different team now.

Their passing/screening game and high assist rate was killer for the last half to 2/3 of the season (and it made them so much fun to watch). I guess a lot of their offense was in transition after solid D which requires solid D and we know how that's been going.

They've have had weak spots defensively all season but it's never been this bad. I remember when the Aces and Liberty played each other a few times in one week around the commissioner's cup and being truly psyched at how hard the Liberty players were working on defense. Ionescu especially - she looked like she'd found a new gear and was really working on D. Where did all that defensive fire go?

It's all kinda weird and disappointing. I hope they can their groove back. It's probably too late for this series but I'd sure love to watch the August Liberty again for a couple more games!

zune69

PostPosted: 10/12/23 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plain and simple...Sloot needs to play like Sloot.....Sabrina needs to get more aggressive

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/12/23 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remember when Silky Johnson said there was no way the Aces could beat the Liberty without Candace Parker?

Oof. I really thought NY would at least make this competitive. It kind of kills the whole momentum of the season for them to flop in the finals. Casual viewers won’t really get invested in a lopsided sweep. The league needed this to be like the 2016 Lynx/Sparks finals.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/12/23 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Remember when Silky Johnson said there was no way the Aces could beat the Liberty without Candace Parker?

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/uM3vVacTQRt7y" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Like, sorry that I did not anticipate that New York would simply be unable to do what enabled them to beat Vegas three times during the regular season, when the championship was on the line?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/12/23 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/uM3vVacTQRt7y" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Like, sorry that I did not anticipate that New York would simply be unable to do what enabled them to beat Vegas three times during the regular season, when the championship was on the line?

Because I’m petty!

#hatehard

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/12/23 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

Because I’m petty!

#hatehard

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3o6Mb2BaTIMLz6uZ56" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe>

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
RavenDog

PostPosted: 10/12/23 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Real MVP...A'ja Wilson... wrong choices happen when the Media is allowed to vote. Voting is always biased to a certain extent but the Media can swing things in many ways and by many means.

Defense wins games...Aces are scoring like Hell! Liberty is being defended well, especially at guard positions. The Liberty's shots and offense are off because of a good harassing defense.

Stokes has been a bastion. She's a great deal better than in previous seasons. People underestimate and judge Stokes and other players like her inaccurately because their attention is fixed basically on statistics and they don't fully appreciate, understand or recognize the games other factors and nuances for which a player makes things happen.

Alaina Coates might get a Championship ring...

Yes, I was a STH in San Antonio for the Silver Stars, however, I moved on and have no horse in this race. I do respect both team's talent and enjoy watching favorite players on both sides.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/12/23 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Alexa, who is the real MVP?

Alyssa Thomas.

^^^^^THIS

~rAf
PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/12/23 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Alexa, who is the real MVP?

Jackie Young?

zune69

PostPosted: 10/12/23 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't understand why some people keep calling Aja the real MVP when she clearly has the best PG, best SF, and top 3 SG....Sloot/Ionescu were up/down this season and JJ didn't get going until the 2nd half........A.Thomas was my MVP , but I have no problem with Stewart winning because she carried NY the 1st half of the season...Aja was the best in the 2nd half..but Gray was also beasting at the same time.

I also think some of you are crowning LV prematurely...NY winning both home games is very possible...If they do win both home games. All of the pressure will be on the Aces to win game 5.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: