RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big East 2023-24
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HomerCecil

PostPosted: 03/27/24 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just saw that Mackenzie Hare has entered the transfer portal. Marquette is going to have a lot to replace next season.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/27/24 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
I just saw that Mackenzie Hare has entered the transfer portal. Marquette is going to have a lot to replace next season.

Yeah the prospects are rather bleak for Marquette at this point. Hare was the only non-senior starter this season. The returning players don’t have much experience and will also have to see if anyone else transfers. I’m not surprised to hear Hare is leaving.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 04/01/24 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I already knew Liza Karlen wasn’t returning to MU as she was honored on senior night. She has one year of eligibility and I’m not surprised to hear she has entered the transfer portal - https://x.com/goodmansport/status/1774851371411325301?s=46&t=qmHojXzONY0z7kSh4Cq1Rg

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 04/02/24 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Emma Ronsiek into the portal out of Creighton. Two-time first-team all-Big East and the Bluejays' leading scorer this year.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 04/02/24 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Emma Ronsiek into the portal out of Creighton. Two-time first-team all-Big East and the Bluejays' leading scorer this year.

It will be interesting to see where she ends up.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 04/03/24 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette needs a new coach now.

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 04/03/24 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:

Sorry for Marquette, although it seems like you expected this and maybe aren't sorry to see her go.

The new free agency era is wild. Virginia Tech fans are mad that Kenny Brooks left, and is (likely) taking Georgia Amoore and Clara Stacks to Kentucky. Meanwhile, Marquette just lost a handful of players who had eligibility remaining and Duffy leaves for VT.

It seems like Bill Scholl is dedicated to women's basketball, so I would hope and expect another promising, up-and-coming coach will replace Duffy. But I know that doesn't lessen the immediate impact and picking-up-the-pieces aspect of this for Marquette.

linkster

PostPosted: 04/04/24 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Sorry for Marquette, although it seems like you expected this and maybe aren't sorry to see her go.

The new free agency era is wild. Virginia Tech fans are mad that Kenny Brooks left, and is (likely) taking Georgia Amoore and Clara Stacks to Kentucky. Meanwhile, Marquette just lost a handful of players who had eligibility remaining and Duffy leaves for VT.

It seems like Bill Scholl is dedicated to women's basketball, so I would hope and expect another promising, up-and-coming coach will replace Duffy. But I know that doesn't lessen the immediate impact and picking-up-the-pieces aspect of this for Marquette.

Maybe Duffy will sign one or two of those departing Marquette players?

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 04/05/24 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Thanks. Yeah I was not real happy with how the program's future looked with Duffy.

I'm not even sure how they are going to field a team next season at this point as so many players and recruits have left.

Scholl talks like he's dedicated to it but I'm not sure what the commitment really is there. We will see what happens.

Some names being reported as Marquette having contacted are Carly Thibault-Dudonis, Terri Williams, Alison Pohlman, Ginny Boggess (was at MU as an assistant with Kieger) and Delisha Milton-Jones. I had to look up Terri Williams forgetting that I knew her as Terri Williams-Flournoy.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 04/07/24 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Creighton seniors Lauren Jensen, Morgan Maly, Molly Mogensen, Mallory Brake and Jayme Horan announced in this video they are coming back to Creighton for their Covid year:

https://x.com/CreightonWBB/status/1776957774410215723

Senior Emma Ronsiek had already entered the transfer portal but that's a lot of talent Creighton is bringing back for another year.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/07/24 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh thank *fuck* someone wants to stay in the Big East

PostPosted: 04/08/24 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Xavier's leading scorer, Mackayla Scarlett, has transferred to Providence for her fifth year. She should at least be able to get a conference win next season!

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 04/08/24 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Xavier's leading scorer, Mackayla Scarlett, has transferred to Providence for her fifth year. She should at least be able to get a conference win next season!

I think Marquette has all of 7 players for 24-25 now and most with very little playing time experience so maybe they’ll be a team Xavier can beat.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 04/09/24 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Villanova’s Lucy Olsen is in the transfer portal - https://x.com/goodmansport/status/1777804839377858951?s=46&t=qmHojXzONY0z7kSh4Cq1Rg

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 04/11/24 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m impatiently waiting for Marquette to name a new Coach…

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 04/18/24 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of Marquette's players in the transfer portal (Lee Volker) was pictured wen MU posted pictures today of new coach Cara Consuegra meeting the team. And then during the press conference for Consuegra the AD mentioned MU's 6 players being in attendance - they only have 5 on their roster now Smile. I'm guessing Volker is considering returning to MU now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: