View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigmont

PostPosted: 02/05/24 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins-Smith/Melbourne
Loyd/Whitcomb
Horston/(also Whitcomb?)
Ogwumike/Mendjiadieu/Holmes
Magbegor/Russell

I like it. Good rotations at guard/wing and big. You could make a case that Russell deserves to start at 5, but Nneka and Ezi don't really hop down to the 3, and you don't want to bench Horston either.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/06/24 2:54 am    ::: Re: Seattle Storm 2024 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Jewell showed it’s her team now, and she just re-signed… Multiple players showed nice development as well. Sounds like a promising start of the process to return to relevancy Cool What should Seattle do next? Can Jewell recruit too? Razz

Start with Recruiting her former college alumni at PG . She's searching for a team and Seattle needs a PG Baddddly.

Who are you alluding to, WNBA09? Thanks.

The young lady that recently had her second baby.

_________X Wink

Just thought I’d revive this 5 months later Cool

Admiral_Needa wrote:
eyevolley4 wrote:
The Storm are clearing cap space for Jewell to have some fun new friends it would seem…

Quote:
Report: Free agent and former MVP Nneka Ogwumike meeting with Storm

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/report-free-agent-and-former-mvp-nneka-ogwumike-meeting-with-storm/

Shocked

I knew Jewell "The Recruiter" Loyd would strike again.. Idea Cool

Go Seattle!
Razz

Shades

PostPosted: 02/06/24 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
you don't want to bench Horston either.

I would

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 02/06/24 11:31 am    ::: Re: Seattle Storm 2024 Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
[I knew Jewell "The Recruiter" Loyd would strike again.. Idea Cool

I’m surprised she didn’t recruit her friend Chennedy Carter.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/06/24 11:56 am    ::: Re: Seattle Storm 2024 Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Jewell showed it’s her team now, and she just re-signed… Multiple players showed nice development as well. Sounds like a promising start of the process to return to relevancy Cool What should Seattle do next? Can Jewell recruit too? Razz

Start with Recruiting her former college alumni at PG . She's searching for a team and Seattle needs a PG Baddddly.

Who are you alluding to, WNBA09? Thanks.

The young lady that recently had her second baby.

_________X Wink

Just thought I’d revive this 5 months later Cool

Admiral_Needa wrote:
eyevolley4 wrote:
The Storm are clearing cap space for Jewell to have some fun new friends it would seem…

Quote:
Report: Free agent and former MVP Nneka Ogwumike meeting with Storm

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/report-free-agent-and-former-mvp-nneka-ogwumike-meeting-with-storm/

Shocked

I knew Jewell "The Recruiter" Loyd would strike again.. Idea Cool

Go Seattle!
Razz

Booyah !!! Your team is for real no rebuilds just restack i love it for Seattle and their passionate fans Wink

PostPosted: 02/06/24 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haters are going to hate because their team only managed to pick up Alanna Smith and Natasha Heideman Laughing Laughing Horston will be a star for Seattle at the SF position you guys are definitely looking playoff bound seattle.

BTW last time i checked Bi-focals loved Chennedy Carter and begged for HC Reeve to bring her to minny for years now she's the butt of their jokes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 02/06/24 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jordan Horston will be 23 in May, so she will improve over the next few years. But it's not like she's really young and can be expected to make a quantum leap.

She's athletic, plays hard and appears to be a good defender.

She cannot shoot, does not get to the free-throw line, and her A/TO is 1.6/2.0.

She appears to me to be nice role-player, best cast as a rotation player but serviceable as a starter on a team with a lot of outside shooting.

It's really hard to see her as a star, but hey, I've been wrong before.

PostPosted: 02/06/24 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Jordan Horston will be 23 in May, so she will improve over the next few years. But it's not like she's really young and can be expected to make a quantum leap.

She appears to me to be nice role-player, best cast as a rotation player but serviceable as a starter on a team with a lot of outside shooting.

Watching her, I thought it seemed like her inability to shoot was a lot about nerves. I imagine that could significantly improve as she gets more experience.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/06/24 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Until worst case scenario nneka misses her annual chunk of games and SDS declares war on the front office via social media lmao. Good luck though.

What qualifies as a "chunk," though? Because Doctor Internet tells me that Nneka has played in 89.9 percent (356 out of 396) of her possible career regular season games, has only missed double-digit games twice, and has played every game of the last two seasons. In fact, Nneka has had more seasons where she played in every game (4) than she's had where she missed five or more games (3).

What is a "chunk"?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
ClayK

PostPosted: 02/06/24 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so-many-pickles wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Watching her, I thought it seemed like her inability to shoot was a lot about nerves. I imagine that could significantly improve as she gets more experience.

Her career shooting percentage Tennessee was 39.8. 28.7% from three.

Her college FT% was 66, so there's just no indication she's a good shooter. And if you can't make outside shots, your ceiling is definitely lowered.

PostPosted: 02/06/24 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
so-many-pickles wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Her college FT% was 66, so there's just no indication she's a good shooter. And if you can't make outside shots, your ceiling is definitely lowered.

Is it ? Gabby Williams is still playing right ? Horston can defend 1-4 that's not something that comes around every day . Her offense will get there she's best attacking the rim though.

PostPosted: 02/08/24 1:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm surge with Sky-Digg and Nneka?

ClayK

PostPosted: 02/08/24 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
so-many-pickles wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Is it ? Gabby Williams is still playing right ? Horston can defend 1-4 that's not something that comes around every day . Her offense will get there she's best attacking the rim though.

My reference was to Horston becoming a "star." She's definitely a WNBA player and maybe an above-average one. But if you can't shoot, and you don't handle well, you're not going to be a star.

PostPosted: 02/08/24 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
so-many-pickles wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Please enlighten me as to what team has signed Gabby…

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/08/24 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
so-many-pickles wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Team France.

~rAf
ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 02/08/24 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
so-many-pickles wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Team France.

Irrelevant, but thanks for trying!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/08/24 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
so-many-pickles wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Signing her was not my direct point , it was more so horston can last in this league if players like Gabby williams can with the same style of play and even less playimaking guard skills. Ill take a rookie averaging 7 ppg and 5 boards playing out of position the entire season .

PostPosted: 02/20/24 1:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/live/cMypCKpiOSw?si=shARCH0uFBcrgzlT

Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/24 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Friday, February 23, 2024
Alaina Coates signed a Training Camp Contract with the Seattle Storm.

Kiana Williams signed a Training Camp Contract with the Seattle Storm.

Kaela Davis signed a Training Camp Contract with the Seattle Storm.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/07/24 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jade Melbourne on the Unwrapped podcast. A good amount of her segment is about her Seattle experience:
https://pickandroll.com.au/p/unwrapped-the-pick-and-roll-podcast-33b

PostPosted: 03/08/24 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Jade Melbourne on the Unwrapped podcast. A good amount of her segment is about her Seattle experience:
https://pickandroll.com.au/p/unwrapped-the-pick-and-roll-podcast-33b

Thank you! I love her attitude, youthful energy, and humility. She's got the potential to be a star in this league.

craigmont

PostPosted: 03/19/24 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/PsaLVqNsSWQ?si=z-n8kLZLtaUapICZ

Lauren Jackson interviews Mercedes Russell after their season together in Australia.

ciel

PostPosted: 03/21/24 5:24 pm    ::: Sad news about Storm CFO Reply Reply with quote

Sad news about Storm CFO

SPD

PostPosted: 03/26/24 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Across the Timelines reported

Seattle Storm signed Victoria Vivians to a training camp contract
Click/tap to reveal links to relevant sources

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 04/18/24 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Storm just released this video showcasing their new offices and practice facility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbjO2PNlw9Q

-Lisa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: