RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2024
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 01/31/24 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
The Storm are clearing cap space for Jewell to have some fun new friends it would seem…

Yup. Wouldn't be surprised to see Nneka and SDS in Seattle

PostPosted: 01/31/24 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
eyevolley4 wrote:
The Storm are clearing cap space for Jewell to have some fun new friends it would seem…

Yup. Wouldn't be surprised to see Nneka and SDS in Seattle

Or EDD/Cloud.....Nneka/Cloud.....EDD/SDS

Last edited by zune69 on 01/31/24 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
bcdawg04

PostPosted: 01/31/24 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We must be expecting some of the top prospects to return to school next season. Or we just don't know to rebuild. EDD is a great player...when she can play. And is she willing to leave the DC area? I'd also pass on SDS - too much drama. We don't need her influence on our young players. I would happily welcome Nneka and Cloud.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/01/24 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDS to Seattle per Megdal.

so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 02/01/24 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
SDS to Seattle per Megdal.

Just got an email announcement from the Storm. It is true.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/01/24 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They better get Nneka or EDD because if they don't, this is a bad move...Trading a lottery pick and signing SDS only makes sense if EDD or Nneka is part of the equation....Seattle isn't going far if Loyd/SDS is taking 35 shots per game.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 02/01/24 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m a little surprised Seattle isn’t going full tank mode and instead is doing a quick rebuild with vets. They did just invest a lot into the practice facility. They gotta keep ticket sales up. I don’t think the FO wants to do a full rebuild so they are going the PhX route by cobbling together vets. I could see them getting EDD or Nnekaand being moderately competitive. Slots 3 - 8 are completely up for grabs.

so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 02/01/24 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
They better get Nneka or EDD because if they don't, this is a bad move...Trading a lottery pick and signing SDS only makes sense if EDD or Nneka is part of the equation....Seattle isn't going far if Loyd/SDS is taking 35 shots per game.

Lol. I hadn't thought about the two of them together in quite that way. Pretty funny to visualize it.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 02/01/24 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does she respect Coach Quinn? Now we really need Nneka...

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/01/24 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 2024 Storm are beginning to look a lot like the 2022 Mystics to me. Which is to say, a bunch of players that I would root for (Diggins-Smith, Magbegor, Russell), if they played for any team other than Seattle.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/01/24 6:22 pm    ::: Re: Seattle Storm 2024 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Jewell showed it’s her team now, and she just re-signed… Multiple players showed nice development as well. Sounds like a promising start of the process to return to relevancy Cool What should Seattle do next? Can Jewell recruit too? Razz

Start with Recruiting her former college alumni at PG . She's searching for a team and Seattle needs a PG Baddddly.

Who are you alluding to, WNBA09? Thanks.

The young lady that recently had her second baby.

_________X Wink

Just thought I’d revive this 5 months later Cool

PostPosted: 02/01/24 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Seattle just signed the real poison pill, so they’re not going anywhere, period.

That one guy on YouTube thinks SEA should tank for Bueckers in 2025. Maybe that’s the covert plan. Very Happy

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 02/04/24 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not saying it's gonna happen...but I see a scenario where Seattle lands both EDD/Nneka.......Wahington doesn't trade EDD to Phoenix because they won't part with the #3 pk in this year's draft....EDD then gets traded to Seattle.

Russell/Horston/future 1st rd pk for EDD........Mystics get a young player with upside and 1st rd pick.

Seattle then signs Nneka

Another option would be Seattle landing Bonner/Nneka

so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 02/04/24 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Not saying it's gonna happen...but I see a scenario where Seattle lands both EDD/Nneka.......Wahington doesn't trade EDD to Phoenix because they won't part with the #3 pk in this year's draft....EDD then gets traded to Seattle.

Russell/Horston/future 1st rd pk for EDD........Mystics get a young player with upside and 1st rd pick.

Seattle then signs Nneka

Another option would be Seattle landing Bonner/Nneka

In a very selfish way, I would hate that. Horston was my favorite rookie last year.

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 02/05/24 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://x.com/TheBallOutSport/status/1754538772014694439?s=20

Quote:
#Breaking: Former MVP and #WNBA superstar Nneka Ogwumike likely signing with the Seattle Storm, multiple sources tell @TheBallOutSport

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/24 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
https://x.com/TheBallOutSport/status/1754538772014694439?s=20

Quote:
#Breaking: Former MVP and #WNBA superstar Nneka Ogwumike likely signing with the Seattle Storm, multiple sources tell @TheBallOutSport

Great job Quinny close the deal !!!! Cool Razz

PostPosted: 02/05/24 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle looks like a legit title contender...No excuses to not at least finish with a top 4 record.

Shyt...What if they get D.Bonner?

scullyfu

PostPosted: 02/05/24 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Seattle looks like a legit title contender...No excuses to not at least finish with a top 4 record.

Not sure we have the cap space for Bonner. But it’d be fantastic!

NNEKA'!!!!!!!!!!! What a lineup! 4 All-Stars in the starting lineup.

PostPosted: 02/05/24 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Until worst case scenario nneka misses her annual chunk of games and SDS declares war on the front office via social media lmao. Good luck though.

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 02/05/24 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if they are thinking they will start Sami on the wing or Horston.

This is a really exciting lineup.

PostPosted: 02/05/24 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
I wonder if they are thinking they will start Sami on the wing or Horston.

This is a really exciting lineup.

My guess is that Horston will start with Sami being one of the first off the bench along with Russell.

The thing that excites me about the line-up is how defensive-minded they are. Really great defenders across the board.

Injuries are always a concern. That is what usually derails these “super” teams that are pieced together with aging veterans. Whatever happens, it will be exciting to watch.

PostPosted: 02/05/24 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Until worst case scenario nneka misses her annual chunk of games and SDS declares war on the front office via social media lmao. Good luck though.

Nneka played in & scored in double figures in 34 of 36 games she played in last year, according to the Storm press release announcing her signing.

Last edited by scullyfu on 02/05/24 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
scullyfu

PostPosted: 02/05/24 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm press release only makes me more excited to welcome her to Seattle.

https://storm.wnba.com/news/storm-signs-forward-nneka-ogwumike/?mkt_tok=OTk0LUFRUC04NjIAAAGRGel254ctJJbGV5iVhWgkIj8Zskqd6_mSjqKnTBopat2aTQ2zXUITS64kvn_6lJTAX1YBnF8j2EE665fuQ9JOU8EgC3YnfvstHW_kklO3

Lots of stats about her career.

PostPosted: 02/05/24 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Nneka played in & scored in double figures in 34 of 36 games last year, according to the Storm press release announcing her signing.

I wouldn't worry about it. Sure it's possible, but they're hoping those two tragedies befall us. Just like a lot of the crap trades posters propose for the Storm around here. Razz

The Storm just sent an email entitled, "Welcome to the Pacific Nnorthwest, Nneka Ogwumike!" My reaction: "I think they sent the email out too quick and didn't proof the subject...no wait, I see what they did there. Laughing"

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/05/24 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Nneka played in & scored in double figures in 34 of 36 games last year, according to the Storm press release announcing her signing.

Maybe Nneka will follow in the footsteps of C. Gray and CP3 and grab a ring after escaping the dumpster fire of LA Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: