RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rumors re potential trades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
genesis1272

PostPosted: 02/18/05 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix, yes. Sacto I'm not too sure about. Losing Yo might be a major blow to them and their chemistry, she won't be easily replaced. So much for rebuilding. The Liberty trading away it's one young future star, before she even had a chance to prove herself is just unbearable plus I lost Edna yesterday. The way I see it, this trade, if it happens, has the potential to destroy 2 of my favorite teams, therefore, I am NOT a happy camper.

herrade

PostPosted: 02/18/05 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

therese_defarge wrote:
Yet another who-has-the-biggest-dick thread. If you know something tell us. Otherwise STFU.

I don't have a dick. I can't speak for Mao.

PostPosted: 02/18/05 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I went to a lot of Sac games last season and Tangela and DeMya were the most important players IMO

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/18/05 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
therese_defarge wrote:
Yet another who-has-the-biggest-dick thread. If you know something tell us. Otherwise STFU.

I don't have a dick. I can't speak for Mao.

It's probably considered bourgeois to have a dick.
Queenie

PostPosted: 02/18/05 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm kinda hoping it doesn't go down, mostly because I feel like my Liberty fanship is hanging on this. I can't be a fan of a VJ-less Liberty if VJ is in another uniform.

Trying to look on the bright side, though, if it *does* happen, I suspect Blaze will never be able to go near a computer again without it melting down from all sorts of hacks. I think I'd need confirmation of that suspicion on the other board, though.

PostPosted: 02/18/05 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tangela and DeMya are important, but Yo's presence in the paint is quite intimidating and equally important, as are her stat lines. If this potential trade were for Tangela I wouldn't be as upset, I've always wanted her in a Libs uni. NY would get a replacement for VJ/Christon, somewhat, and Sacto would still have Yo, and they already have a bunch of players that can fill Tangela's position. That could be a win/win situation. However, can we keep Shameka too?

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 02/18/05 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cam, just wanted to let you know the word has come down and the FBC has approved your membership. Blaze is desperate. The deal will get done. That's the word out here in Denver. It may be done soon or not so soon if she decided to throw in one of her nobody-wants-them-but-the-idiot-that-signed-thems, but from what I understand it will get done. I'll still be a #23.
wadethered

PostPosted: 02/18/05 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Hmmm...considering the most recent other scoops came true (Timmsy, DeMya, Tully to Indiana and not SASS), I have to laugh at Theresa and Wade. Let them go back to the ESPN board and live in the land of VeProfessor.

I'm not saying I doubt anything anyone says, I'd just like to know...sorry, I don't mean to annoy anyone.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/18/05 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
Cam, just wanted to let you know the word has come down and the FBC has approved your membership. Blaze is desperate. The deal will get done. That's the word out here in Denver. It may be done soon or not so soon if she decided to throw in one of her nobody-wants-them-but-the-idiot-that-signed-thems, but from what I understand it will get done. I'll still be a #23.

YES! I am officially a member of the F--Blaze--Coalition.

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 02/18/05 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hmm no one mention the Sun need a post? and who knows what they got up there sleeves LOL Laughing

stever

PostPosted: 02/18/05 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

...the Sun need a legitimate 5, I don't see Yo goin' to Uncasville.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 02/18/05 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I figured if the Sun were going to deal, they would have to give up Katie Douglas. I just don't think it would leave the Sun in a good position. They have Ashja to fill in for a post, but they are thing in the backcourt.

PostPosted: 02/18/05 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know what you're all talking about, seriously. But then again, I don't know what I'm talking about.
Who is Shameka Christon anyway?

PostPosted: 02/18/05 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh just tell us already hell. We don't get any news on ESPNEWS or SC so tell us hell.

PostPosted: 02/18/05 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Hmmm...considering the most recent other scoops came true (Timmsy, DeMya, Tully to Indiana and not SASS), I have to laugh at Theresa and Wade. Let them go back to the ESPN board and live in the land of VeProfessor.

OK Cam. You win. You've got the biggest.

By the way, thanks Queenie for breaking that interesting Yolanda-for-VJ+Shameka rumor

PostPosted: 02/18/05 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This season has been a disaster so far. Ugly commish, Tari signs with the Comets and now the Baby is gone and we're not even getting the Baby I wanted in the first place in return.
Does Blaze think people will come to the Garden to see her, Becky, and Bethany? Do I notice a pattern here?
BBB...as in Beatrices. The New York Beatrices.
Dayum, when it rains, it pours...

PostPosted: 02/18/05 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Again, the trade has not gone through. It is being proposed. My bet is that Blaze does not have the moxie to pull it off. She doesn't have the ability to pull off a big trade...and she never has, despite ample opportunities.

And I think this is a good trade for New York. Yolanda in the East would destroy most teams, and her inside game could balance out Baranova from the outside. Heck, they could go big, put Baranova at the 3, and create some matchup problems.

But the Liberty STILL doesn't have a point guard...

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/18/05 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many years does Yo have left though? I think that's the key issue.
BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/18/05 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yo has 2 good years left in her, that is if she doesn't get injured, which isn't unlikely. Christon has a career and she has no way to go but up.
I don't see how that will help us. Who will get Yo the ball?
Becky "Lindsay Whalen is my mommy" Hammon?

PostPosted: 02/18/05 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since we're being stripped bare anyway, perhaps we could ship Hammon and C-Rob as well, for Penicheiro, even throw in Donaphin and Thorn to sweeten the deal Wink Doesn't matter anymore anyway, everybody on the Liberty that I've wanted to see get a ring has either been/will be traded, shoved out, or willingly retired, there's nothing left.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/18/05 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

genesis1272 wrote:
Doesn't matter anymore anyway, everybody on the Liberty that I've wanted to see get a ring has either been/will be traded, shoved out, or willingly retired, there's nothing left.

Yes, there is something left. The Beatrices (Blaze, Becky and Bethany) remain.
From now on, they are the New York Beatrices.

PostPosted: 02/18/05 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Yo has 2 good years left in her, that is if she doesn't get injured, which isn't unlikely. Christon has a career and she has no way to go but up.

Christon will likely get fewer minutes than she does now too Confused Yo isn't the only one who has a limited shelf life too... And VJ is already injured! Shocked Finally, trading 2 for 1 doesn't solve the problem of the Chicago Expansion Draft Protect List. SAC is likely going to lose one of the people they would trade for anyways, so what's the point?

Hey what can you say... Becky has a weakness for blondes Wink

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 02/19/05 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Shameka is traded I will no longer support the Liberty, that is plain stupid to get rid of someone so young and talented. If the trade is for VJ and or C-Rob then I am not mad, I like them but I love Shameka.

Admiral_Needa wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Christon will likely get fewer minutes than she does now too Confused Yo isn't the only one who has a limited shelf life too... And VJ is already injured! Shocked Finally, trading 2 for 1 doesn't solve the problem of the Chicago Expansion Draft Protect List. SAC is likely going to lose one of the people they would trade for anyways, so what's the point?

Hey what can you say... Becky has a weakness for blondes Wink

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 02/19/05 3:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
The answer can be found by looking at the Queen (no, not me...Queenie). We shall see if it happens. If it does, it will be the biggest blockbuster since 2002 (Teasley/Figgs). But I believe Blaze will find a way not to do the deal.

I hope she does if it will involve Shameka Christon.

nyl_fanatic55

PostPosted: 02/19/05 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

: picks jaw off floor :
If we trade VJ & Meka I will find it very difficult to stay a lib fan.
Christon is going to be an All Star for years! She's got all the skills in the world. We have to hold on to her.
Trading for Yo makes no sense cuz it's a "quick fix" type of move when we should be rebuilding.

Sac should go after Nicole Powell. Poor kid won't play at all with Feaster and Sam and Stinson (she didn't retire did she).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: