Fever
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Liberty
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 5

Shades

PostPosted: 05/20/23 8:36 am    ::: Fever @ Liberty - 5/21/23 Reply Reply with quote

Cup Records: IND 0-1 | NYL 0-1
Brooklyn, NY - 2:00 PM ET
TV: YES

Video stream:
https://twitter.com/wnba
https://www.facebook.com/indianafever
https://watchyesnetwork.com/

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/230654/indiana-fever--new-york-liberty

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20230521/INDNYL/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/21/23 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gonna be a long season for Fever fans.

Sad

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
DTP

PostPosted: 05/21/23 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana as a group looks out of shape and so many mental mistakes.....complete chaos.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/21/23 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

19 points for Stewart in the 1st quarter. I think she likes playing in New York. Smile

PostPosted: 05/21/23 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An elbow to the gut/chest isn't anything???

Give me a break!

Good call. The announcer was so biased.

Is it just me, or does Stewart look 10-15 years older than she is?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 05/21/23 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
zune69

PostPosted: 05/21/23 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great start by the Liberty.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/21/23 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Don't be too excited by that. They are playing the Fever.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/21/23 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aliyah Boston looks like she's going to be a great addition to the WNBA. (This from a Liberty fan.) She's outplayed Jonquel Jones so far.

PostPosted: 05/21/23 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Aliyah Boston looks like she's going to be a great addition to the WNBA. (This from a Liberty fan.) She's outplayed Jonquel Jones so far.

Jones lazy play has gotten worse. It’s like she won MVP and decided she’s okay being a fiddler player. She could have stayed in Conn for that but I guess the easiest way to win a ship and not do much is what she chose to do.

PostPosted: 05/21/23 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:

Yup. But she needs to work on her conditioning. She is absolutely gassed out there right now.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/21/23 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Laughing

I'm not excited about it...I was just acknowledging the good start...I picked Washington to win the championship.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/21/23 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Breanna Mf Stewart going for record let her get it Sandy

Fever 52
Stewie 42

PostPosted: 05/21/23 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Update make that Stewie 45 points Fever 55 at the end of 3.

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 05/21/23 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 05/21/23 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana's personnel hasn't changed enough from their bad teams to not still be bad.

Last edited by tfan on 05/21/23 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/21/23 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Jones lazy play has gotten worse. It’s like she won MVP and decided she’s okay being a fiddler player. She could have stayed in Conn for that but I guess the easiest way to win a ship and not do much is what she chose to do.

I’ve never understood the hype around her and don’t think she was the MVP that year.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/21/23 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

This...Stewart should go for 60 and blow up sports media/social media.....This is what the W needs.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/21/23 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Laughing

I'm not excited about it...I was just acknowledging the good start...I picked Washington to win the championship.

Good to hear! Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 05/21/23 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

This...Stewart should go for 60 and blow up sports media/social media.....This is what the W needs.

Anything that erases Cambage from the record book can only be a good thing

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
zune69

PostPosted: 05/21/23 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Anything that erases Cambage from the record book can only be a good thing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

tfan

PostPosted: 05/21/23 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grace Berger looks over-listed at 6'0" covering the listed 5'8" Vandersloot and the listed 6'0" Laney.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/21/23 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And here come the Liberty fans - mostly silent during/after game 1 loss to Mystics.

Congrats to the Liberty for first win of the season! Coach Brondello wisely decided to play the bench as they need a LOT of development for this team to reach the heights expected. I'd put NY starting 5 vs LV starting 5 right now, but the bench will determine how far the Liberty go this season.

Obviously, the Fever have a ways to go to compete with the top of the league. 25% from 3 ain't going to cut it.

~rAf
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/21/23 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Grace Berger looks over-listed at 6'0" covering the listed 5'8" Vandersloot and the listed 6'0" Laney.

Happy to see her finally get some court time! I love Erica Wheeler but as evidenced by Wallace getting more time at pg, I wonder if Indy make some changes. On one hand, they have started the season with some tough teams but on the other, it is unfortunate, that they are struggling to get the offense organized and moving.

Stewie is just plain ridiculous when she's playing like she did today and NY truly loves her!

Btw, Ellie was something else out there! If you didn't see the half time show, please do yourself a favor Laughing

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/21/23 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
And here come the Liberty fans - mostly silent during/after game 1 loss to Mystics.

Congrats to the Liberty for first win of the season! Coach Brondello wisely decided to play the bench as they need a LOT of development for this team to reach the heights expected. I'd put NY starting 5 vs LV starting 5 right now, but the bench will determine how far the Liberty go this season.

Obviously, the Fever have a ways to go to compete with the top of the league. 25% from 3 ain't going to cut it.

The Liberty bench will look far better when Marine Johannes is with the team.

PostPosted: 05/21/23 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OWg9gGq2giA" title="Indiana Fever vs. New York Liberty | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | May 21, 2023" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
PRballer

PostPosted: 05/21/23 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was at the game. Some meandering thoughts.

Saw a dude wearing Yolanda Laney’s Cheyney college jersey, #44 just like Betnijah. That was amazing.

Energy was palpable - great crowd. So much diversity and positivity. I will never tire of seeing folks of all stripes in WNBA gear, donning players jerseys. It’s still so cool.

Timeless Torches had folks in tears.

Barclays is a phenomenal venue and the lower bowl felt full. Can’t wait for Phoenix, Connecticut, Washington, and LV games.

Jonquel definitely was winded but she’s still so special. She can work her way back - the way she pins and seals is dominant. Dolson looked super fit and happy, but was just pretty ineffective especially with her 3 fouls in 90 seconds. She will have to get going (and will).

Arena was loudest for Han Xu, of course. Maybe equaled the Stewie MVP chants. I hope there are enough blowouts for Sandy to find her more minutes. Was fun to see her and Stewie paired up for a few minutes.

Stewie could be MVP this year in a 5 player race? Was weird she sat out first part of 4th quarter and then Liberty offense went stagnant. And then she went back in at 4:00 mins left but it felt like the moment had passed. Had Sandy kept her in, I feel like a 60 piece was a sure thing. The game kind of halted there - wish Sabrina’s shots had gone in. She was close to a triple double and this offense can be really incredible with her and Stewie leading it. We need a better, more consistent bench. Can’t wait for Johannes to light it up.

Speaking of, at two different merch areas I heard different women speaking French. I wonder if they were tourists, or interested in the team because of MJ? Was cool.

Boston played really well. I was pulling for her because she’s special. She needed more touches. NaLyssa’s double double was promising but after that? Poor Indiana. The guards are bad. Mitchell, Vivians and Wheeler were basically non factors. Shocked at Wheeler’s numbers. Do they bring back Henny for a spin and cut Hull or Grace?

Fun start. Non a STH but will be back and my guests who are non women’s bball fans absolutely loved it. Just a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. Can’t wait for the season to heat up.

For the Liberty front office, I would have had more women’s bball VIPs in the building. I know Billie Jean King was at the Sparks opener but she lives on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Loved seeing Kym Hampton get some cheers but can you bring in Sue Wicks and give her VIP treatment? I know she never suited up for the Libs, but Chamique is back in NY and her family is lovely and she would have gotten cheers on the Celiberty cam.

And loved the dancing groups but maybe more timeout entertainment. MC was great and the crowd stunts promotions were flawless. And for goodness sake get a female PA announcer. That seems obvious.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: