RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#3 Louisiana St vs #2 Iowa - 4/02/23
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Louisiana St
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Iowa
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

Michael

PostPosted: 04/02/23 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
I don't get this hatred for Kim. Other than her wardrobe.

Again, her wardrobe is hilarious. I wish it was on a better person.

https://fanbuzz.com/college-basketball/ncaa-sec/kim-mulkey-homophobic-history/amp/

That article is a crap hit piece. "Baylor was not going to fire their winning coach that had them contending for titles" When money problems hit they told her to find employment elsewhere because they could no longer afford her salary. IF she had openly confronted them on their no gay policy, she could have been out faster than you could shake a stick. Baylor still kicks students out for admitting they have pre-marital sex. You can fault Mulkey for staying as long as she did, but to use Baylor's policies as some sort of proof she is homophobic is critically poor reasoning skills and you are just searching for reasons to hate without using your own brain to think it through.

The outfits are sent to her primarily from graduates of the design school at LSU the last two years. Gaudy is certainly a fitting word, as is tacky, but so are most of the crap seen on the runway at fashion shows.

What I dislike about her is the sideline histrionics, but its effective in its own way same as Staley's street fighter mentality she instills in her players is effective for the most part in its own way. I don't car for either and have always found the SEC to be a league that pushes the rules and dares the refs to call them on it. Twice in Tennessee's dominance era hand checking was made a point of emphasis to try and get UTenn to quit putting their hands all over opposing players and using it to steer them into a steal.

PostPosted: 04/02/23 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't looked at the box score, but IMO Carson won this game for LSU and should have gotten MVP.

Had she not hit all those threes, Iowa would have stayed in the game.

PostPosted: 04/02/23 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
greg5222 wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Reese taunting Clark at the end of the game was bush league. Go celebrate with your team...

Yeah, that was low. Both Reese and Clark are great players but they irritate me with some of the non-basketball antics.

When Clark did the exact same thing.... no problem huh!! Clark got an IG from John Cena. Will Reese get one?

Did not see Clark do the "exact same thing". When did that happen?

https://twitter.com/coldgameant/status/1642646348062130176?s=46&t=SvH5D2vOM8c57DX9KbJpbw
Caitlin did it to Louisville players a couple games ago. [/url]

greg5222

PostPosted: 04/02/23 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
greg5222 wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Reese taunting Clark at the end of the game was bush league. Go celebrate with your team...

Yeah, that was low. Both Reese and Clark are great players but they irritate me with some of the non-basketball antics.

When Clark did the exact same thing.... no problem huh!! Clark got an IG from John Cena. Will Reese get one?

You must not read!!! Read or seek and you will find!!! Why is it everybody knows that except you!! Use your search engine. She did it. Did you see the link by Brinx?

PostPosted: 04/02/23 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This LSU steamroll was one of the best title games I've seen in a few years. Even sweeter given so many circumstances. Good on Kim Mulkey for being able to take control of a struggling program and turn it all around, Just. Like. That.

Winners like that get a lot of hate I'm sure.

bucks4now

PostPosted: 04/02/23 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
greg5222 wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
bucks4now wrote:

You must not read!!! Read or seek and you will find!!! Why is it everybody knows that except you!! Use your search engine. She did it.

Are you talking about her "waving off" the ball hander and playing defense in the paint? That's nothing compared to seeking out the player and taunting them.

I don't have an opinion of either player, Clark or Reese, so I'm not playing "favorites"

greg5222

PostPosted: 04/02/23 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
greg5222 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
greg5222 wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
bucks4now wrote:

You must not read!!! Read or seek and you will find!!! Why is it everybody knows that except you!! Use your search engine. She did it.

Are you talking about her "waving off" the ball hander and playing defense in the paint? That's nothing compared to seeking out the player and taunting them.

I don't have an opinion of either player, Clark or Reese, so I'm not playing "favorites"

Seek John Cena. Search him and find out why he responded back to her. Oh, I guess you must be taught what the gesture means!!!

PostPosted: 04/02/23 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
This LSU steamroll was one of the best title games I've seen in a few years. Even sweeter given so many circumstances. Good on Kim Mulkey for being able to take control of a struggling program and turn it all around, Just. Like. That.

The 'hate' as you describe it is directed at Mulkey because of her antics on the sideline and other instances where she has behaved more like a spoiled child than an adult. There are a lot of great coaches leading women's basketball teams that I would encourage a daughter or granddaughter of mine to play for. Kim Mulkey isn't one of them.

bucks4now

PostPosted: 04/02/23 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
greg5222 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
greg5222 wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
bucks4now wrote:

Seek John Cena. Search him and find out why he responded back to her. Oh, I guess you must be taught what the gesture means!!!

I did search John Cena. I don't watch WWE. You didn't answer my question. Are you referring to what Clark did in the semi? Those two things are completely different.

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 04/02/23 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like this all happened oh too fast for Mulkey.

What will her new recruiting tactic be? It won't be the "let's re-build this together" approach anymore.

#1 incoming recruit probably thought she was joining a program to guide it home and welp, who would of thought..

greg5222

PostPosted: 04/02/23 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
greg5222 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
greg5222 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
greg5222 wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
bucks4now wrote:

I did search John Cena. I don't watch WWE. You didn't answer my question. Are you referring to what Clark did in the semi? Those two things are completely different.

Everybody gets it except you. So, if you don't get it that's on you!!

PostPosted: 04/02/23 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't have an opinion of either player, Clark or Reese, so I'm not playing "favorites"[/quote]

Seek John Cena. Search him and find out why he responded back to her. Oh,

I did search John Cena. I don't watch WWE. You didn't answer my question. Are you referring to what Clark did in the semi? Those two things are completely different.[/quote]

Everybody gets it except you. So, if you don't get it that's on you!![/quote]

When people don't answer a simple question, I completely get it.

Well, I just got done listening to the Iowa press conference. The media asked both Clark and Bluder about Reese taunting Clark. The asked the question by saying the Twitter was blowing up over it, so apparently a lot of people saw it the same why I did.

Last edited by bucks4now on 04/02/23 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/02/23 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MsProudSooner wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

The 'hate' as you describe it is directed at Mulkey because of her antics on the sideline and other instances where she has behaved more like a spoiled child than an adult. There are a lot of great coaches leading women's basketball teams that I would encourage a daughter or granddaughter of mine to play for. Kim Mulkey isn't one of them.

EXACTLY. Who else remembers her ripping her jacket off and running screaming and crying at the refs at the end of the championship game when Baylor LOST? (showing off her lacy camisole yet) Not to mention the performance she put on towards the end of the SEC championship game this year when an offensive foul was called on her player that basically sealed the game for Tennessee. Those and more. It’s so tiresome. I don’t care how good a coach she is, I would never advise a young woman I cared about to play for someone who acts like that. She acted like that as a player too, just not quite so much or she would have gotten thrown out of some games—but she was pouty and she whined and taunted.

PostPosted: 04/02/23 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty frustrating: LSU played pretty much as well as I expected the Gamecocks to - Iowa's defense could not stop them. Iowa scored their season's average of 85 pts, but gave up nearly 20 more to LSU in the Tigers scoring 102. Iowa shot 50% for the game, but gave up LSU shooting 54%. That was pretty much exactly how I thought OUR game with them would go, but it sure didn't go that way. And just like that, LSU and Mulkey is the top team in the SEC and defending champions....

blaase22

PostPosted: 04/02/23 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:

No surprise all the 🗑️ here are Kim fans. Laughing

Howee

PostPosted: 04/02/23 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HUGE Congratulations to Kim and her Tigresses. Their play was amazing, despite the shitty reffing.

Kudos to Iowa for making their first Final Four and fighting valiantly.

Very simple synopsis: NOBODY was gonna beat a team that shot 54%, an unbelievable 67% from the arc, 14 o-boards, dished out 22 assists to only 12 TOs. Nobody. ('cept maybe the refs)

Kim? Let 'em hate ya. Those who DO are The Biggest Losers. Cool

#NATC

PostPosted: 04/02/23 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to LSU for an amazing run against all (well, at least most) expectations.

And in particular to Last-Tear Poa. First aussie I'm aware of to win a women's NCAA championship.

PostPosted: 04/02/23 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
HUGE Congratulations to Kim and her Tigresses. Their play was amazing, despite the shitty reffing.

Kudos to Iowa for making their first Final Four and fighting valiantly.

Very simple synopsis: NOBODY was gonna beat a team that shot 54%, an unbelievable 67% from the arc, 14 o-boards, dished out 22 assists to only 12 TOs. Nobody. ('cept maybe the refs)

Kim? Let 'em hate ya. Those who DO are The Biggest Losers. Cool

EXACTLY.

The refs royally sucked, which is especially unfortunate given that WCBB probably had more attention on it today (and this weekend) than it ever has before.

But LSU won because it was the much better team today.

And while Kim Mulkey has an amusing taste in fashion and tiresome sideline antics, she is one of the greatest coaches of all time.

End of story.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/02/23 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Congrats … in particular to Last-Tear Poa. First aussie I'm aware of to win a women's NCAA championship.

Agnes Emma-Nnopu was on Stanford’s 2020-21 title-winning roster. though i don’t believe she actually appeared in the title game.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/02/23 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s KIM MULKEYS world! We’re all just watching the parade!!

pilight

PostPosted: 04/02/23 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSU reaching triple digits means this is the 6th straight women's tournament with multiple 100+ point games. The men's tournament hasn't had a 100+ point game since 2018.

PostPosted: 04/02/23 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And now, my opinions on some of the opinions expressed in this thread:

singinerd54 wrote:
Interesting that Carson barely played in the 3rd after being the actual MVP/best player in the first half.

I was totally thinking that all through the 3rd period - the kid was white-hot, and Kim keeps her out?!

MsProudSooner wrote:
I read a post that said Kim is a narcissist who will do anything for attention. Sadly, it's only gotten worse over the years.

Hmmm. You might wanna rely on more than "a post" to determine the validity of that opinion. I'd say you wanna talk to some real people before you pass judgment. Razz

GlennMacGrady wrote:
The Winningest Woman, despite starting with a nine win team two years ago, despite "not knowing how to schedule," and despite "playing no one" all season, manages to win the National Championship in dominant fashion.
Again, for those who notice and value things other than refs and clothing, we've witnessed this season the greatest rebuilding and turnaround performance by a coach in the history of the sport.

*LOUD APPLAUSE!*
Today, Kim accomplished what no one else ever has, or (probably) never will: won 4 National Titles with 2 different teams. Not Pat, not Geno, not Tara.
Michael wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

https://fanbuzz.com/college-basketball/ncaa-sec/kim-mulkey-homophobic-history/amp/

That article is a crap hit piece. "Baylor was not going to fire their winning coach that had them contending for titles" [.....] The outfits are sent to her primarily from graduates of the design school at LSU the last two years. Gaudy is certainly a fitting word, as is tacky, but so are most of the crap seen on the runway at fashion shows.

Thank you, Michael for some Realness here. Patrick Pinak Pinhead appears to feel perfectly okay about judging people without actually interviewing them. I'd be shocked he interviewed anybody that he quoted in that article - none of the quotes were new, including THIS quote from Emily (Niemann) Nkosi:
"Coach Mulkey is a member of an athletic department, a school, a town, a state and even a region that is known for its conservative belief system, which very much includes homophobia. As leader and icon in each of these arenas, coach Mulkey has been unfairly singled out as particularly homophobic based on what happened with me and then Brittney Griner". Doesn't that totally undercut your whole point, Patrick? Rolling Eyes

It's a little pathetic that Haters are gonna let sour, bitchy opinions about a woman overshadow the Herstory that was made today. To all you Tiger fans, Congrats!! Cool

PostPosted: 04/02/23 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Congrats to LSU for an amazing run against all (well, at least most) expectations.

And in particular to Last-Tear Poa. First aussie I'm aware of to win a women's NCAA championship.

Is that why she has such a, erm, unusual first name? JMU’s Aussie is named Kobe and has siblings named Jaylen-Rose and Kawhi. She was born in NZ and is quite obviously of Māori heritage.

PostPosted: 04/02/23 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
And now, my opinions on some of the opinions expressed in this thread:

singinerd54 wrote:
Interesting that Carson barely played in the 3rd after being the actual MVP/best player in the first half.

I was totally thinking that all through the 3rd period - the kid was white-hot, and Kim keeps her out?!

MsProudSooner wrote:
I read a post that said Kim is a narcissist who will do anything for attention. Sadly, it's only gotten worse over the years.

Hmmm. You might wanna rely on more than "a post" to determine the validity of that opinion. I'd say you wanna talk to some real people before you pass judgment. Razz

GlennMacGrady wrote:
The Winningest Woman, despite starting with a nine win team two years ago, despite "not knowing how to schedule," and despite "playing no one" all season, manages to win the National Championship in dominant fashion.
Again, for those who notice and value things other than refs and clothing, we've witnessed this season the greatest rebuilding and turnaround performance by a coach in the history of the sport.

*LOUD APPLAUSE!*
Today, Kim accomplished what no one else ever has, or (probably) never will: won 4 National Titles with 2 different teams. Not Pat, not Geno, not Tara.
Michael wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

That article is a crap hit piece. "Baylor was not going to fire their winning coach that had them contending for titles" [.....] The outfits are sent to her primarily from graduates of the design school at LSU the last two years. Gaudy is certainly a fitting word, as is tacky, but so are most of the crap seen on the runway at fashion shows.

Thank you, Michael for some Realness here. Patrick Pinak Pinhead appears to feel perfectly okay about judging people without actually interviewing them. I'd be shocked he interviewed anybody that he quoted in that article - none of the quotes were new, including THIS quote from Emily (Niemann) Nkosi:
"Coach Mulkey is a member of an athletic department, a school, a town, a state and even a region that is known for its conservative belief system, which very much includes homophobia. As leader and icon in each of these arenas, coach Mulkey has been unfairly singled out as particularly homophobic based on what happened with me and then Brittney Griner". Doesn't that totally undercut your whole point, Patrick? Rolling Eyes

It's a little pathetic that Haters are gonna let sour, bitchy opinions about a woman overshadow the Herstory that was made today. To all you Tiger fans, Congrats!! Cool

Those quotes about her came from two players. Regardless of the opinion of the writer.

She refused to acknowledge Brit during the Russia situation. You know, the player that got her most of her accomplishments.

And she stayed at that athletic department for years. She could have gotten a job anywhere in the country where she didn’t have to oppress gay kids - yet she chose to stay for as long as she did (and certainly didn’t leave because of it.)

Sorry - shitty person.

PostPosted: 04/02/23 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Congrats … in particular to Last-Tear Poa. First aussie I'm aware of to win a women's NCAA championship.

Agnes Emma-Nnopu was on Stanford’s 2020-21 title-winning roster. though i don’t believe she actually appeared in the title game.

Correct.

summertime blues wrote:
Is that why she has such a, erm, unusual first name?

There's a cool little story behind her first name.
(I haven't watched the game yet, so I don't know if they mentioned it. If they didn't I'd be somewhat surprised given that Rebecca & Ryan usually take every opportunity to discuss things other than the action on the court)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: