RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Staley is Highest Paid Coach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/23 8:19 pm    ::: Staley is Highest Paid Coach Reply Reply with quote

According to this article.

Quote:
she is currently the highest-paid coach in women's college basketball — at more than $3 million a year —

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/2023/03/30/dawn-staley-south-carolina-coach-temple-men-darius-rucker/11571593002/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
PG4ever

PostPosted: 04/09/23 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's interesting that when you compare the base salaries of, say, the coaches in the SEC a lot of the salaries aren't drastically different from each other but the supplemental salaries make a huge difference. First year head coach Sam Purcell's base salary--$500K--is higher than Mulkey's but Mulkey's supplemental income boosts her salary up to close to 2.7 mil.

njjosh

PostPosted: 04/10/23 3:18 pm    ::: Re: Staley is Highest Paid Coach Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:
she is currently the highest-paid coach in women's college basketball — at more than $3 million a year —

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/2023/03/30/dawn-staley-south-carolina-coach-temple-men-darius-rucker/11571593002/

How is she getting paid more than Geno, who has accomplished far more over a longer period of time?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/10/23 3:27 pm    ::: Re: Staley is Highest Paid Coach Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:

How is she getting paid more than Geno, who has accomplished far more over a longer period of time?

Because SC pays her more than UConn pays him? Duh. Athletic department budgets, dude.

PostPosted: 04/10/23 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn's athletic department's deficit is apparently higher than ever: $53M as of this past January

pilight

PostPosted: 04/10/23 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
UConn's athletic department's deficit is apparently higher than ever: $53M as of this past January

That'll happen when nobody wants to see your football team

PostPosted: 04/11/23 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

racism strikes again.....I mean why should DS be the highest paid coach in womens bb.....why are they picking on her ....just because she's black?.....we need answers..........I am surprised that DS hasn't made a big stink out of this..../s/

pilight

PostPosted: 04/11/23 5:17 am    ::: Re: Staley is Highest Paid Coach Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:

What have you done for me lately? Staley has two NCs since Geno's last one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: