RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What FF team do YOU want to win the NC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What FF team do YOU want to win the NC?
Iowa
46%
 46%  [ 26 ]
LSU
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
S. Carolina
19%
 19%  [ 11 ]
Virginia Tech
26%
 26%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 56

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/31/23 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eibln wrote:
It really just sounds like you guys don’t like Mulkey because her political stances don’t line up with yours or those of “Woke” culture. We don’t all have to agree so quit hating on people who may not believe the same, it’s part of the freedoms we get as an American. Kim doesn’t have to support homosexuality / LGBTQ+ if she doesn’t want to. Not everyone supports it or agrees with the ideas behind it, and that’s okay.

That sounds well and good, but consider two different coaches: Rene Portland and Kim Mulkey.

Rene Portland was open about not liking gays and, if I remember correctly, said that she wasn't recruiting them.

Kim Mulkey, assuming she doesn't support gays, still had built quite a bit of her reputation at Baylor from having a dominant player who was a lesbian.

Your argument would fit with a defense of Portland (Who, even if you didn't agree with her stance, seemed to follow what she thought), but in Mulkey's case, it's a matter of blatant hypocrisy.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/31/23 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You reveal your own bias by use of the word "woke" in a way that only makes sense for falling off the cliff right wingnuts.

We 100% have the right in this here United States to criticize and make decisions about a person based on the values they display. Does Mulkey win? Yes. Do I like here? Not one bit. And I am 100% "allowed" to not like her or her values. So you can stick it where the sun don't shine.

You disparage us who don't like Kimmy for whatever reason BLATANTLY and then in that passive aggressive way then want us to all "get along." Start with yourself and why you buy into anyone using the word "woke" to disparage those they disagree with. It's just silly.

eibln wrote:
It really just sounds like you guys don’t like Mulkey because her political stances don’t line up with yours or those of “Woke” culture. We don’t all have to agree so quit hating on people who may not believe the same, it’s part of the freedoms we get as an American. Kim doesn’t have to support homosexuality / LGBTQ+ if she doesn’t want to. Not everyone supports it or agrees with the ideas behind it, and that’s okay. Kim Mulkey is a southern raised gal, she has her beliefs. If she voted red and you voted blue, everyone would be hating on her for that. We can’t we all just GET ALONG with different opinions. She had her opinions on COVID, as did everyone else, who cares.

As for the how she dresses, she doesn’t dress like a drag Queen, she just has a unique fashion style that to me doesn’t reflect what you are saying.

As for Angel Reese’s academics: LSU’s academic standards are the lowest in the SEC and don’t take much to get by. There is a reason why a lot of southern schools recruit better, lots of the academic standards in the south are awful. This is why it’s harder to transfer or recruit at schools like Michigan, ND, Stanford, Northwestern, and Vandy. Mulkey can’t force her kids to do better at schooling, that is a choice. I would be willing to bet Mulkey does get on to them about it.

So what if Mulkey didn’t comment on Griner’s status in Russia. I would be willing to bet that yes Mulkey supported her trying to get home, but Griner made decisions in other countries that can get you in trouble. The US doesn’t have great relations with Russia. Griner should have been more careful, and she wouldn’t have gotten locked up. I still don’t agree with what the US traded for her. People have to be held accountable for their mistakes and Griner was, and unfortunately it happened to be in another country that has stricter laws. It is not Mulkey’s job to defend every little thing that her ex players do and she certainly doesn’t have to support or condone their decisions. Not to mention since then, Mulkey has come out and said that she is glad Griner is back, so….

Mulkey has a winners attitude and cares about her student athletes. The fans, staff, and players always show their support of her. Stop making everything political and give her the credit she deserves. She has turned around two programs and has coached some fantastic players. She is a great coach, one of the best in history whether you like it or not. I understand the reasoning behind why she left Baylor and why she does what she does. She has a winners attitude. I love how animated and emotional she gets during games, it shows her passion. She loves the game. She is classy and shows her support for other coaches and players as well.

Mulkey is a great coach. STOP making it political because she doesn’t view things the way you do.

~rAf
Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/31/23 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
my order of preference:

1. Iowa
2. Virginia Tech
3. South Carolina
4. LSU

hey, my order of preference matches the poll’s! 🤠
we love having our finger on the pulse of what America wants, obviously 😜

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/31/23 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I did say she was a good coach. I also said that I would never advise a talented young woman of my acquaintance to play for her.

PostPosted: 03/31/23 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Not you equating Rebkell to the pulse of America Laughing Laughing Laughing

Howee

PostPosted: 03/31/23 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
eibln wrote:
It really just sounds like you guys don’t like Mulkey because her political stances don’t line up with yours or those of “Woke” culture. We don’t all have to agree so quit hating on people who may not believe the same, it’s part of the freedoms we get as an American. Kim doesn’t have to support homosexuality / LGBTQ+ if she doesn’t want to. Not everyone supports it or agrees with the ideas behind it, and that’s okay.

That sounds well and good, but consider two different coaches: Rene Portland and Kim Mulkey.

Rene Portland was open about not liking gays and, if I remember correctly, said that she wasn't recruiting them.

Kim Mulkey, assuming she doesn't support gays, still had built quite a bit of her reputation at Baylor from having a dominant player who was a lesbian.

Your argument would fit with a defense of Portland (Who, even if you didn't agree with her stance, seemed to follow what she thought), but in Mulkey's case, it's a matter of blatant hypocrisy*.

The *ASS-umption*....that's what I've got the biggest beef with here. CB, you're stating that 'assumption' as literal truth. I DON'T BELIEVE IT. Now. If ANYone here wants to PROVE Kim is anti-lgbtq, PLEASE DO. I'll gladly recant my defense of her. I need to HEAR her say it (in person or on a broadcast), or see her quoted as such in the print of a reliable source.

Y'all talk about reflective insights about a poster's character: What is said here re: Kim's anti-lgbtq stance is slanderous defamation. What does that say about you?

Kim has played ball with lesbians and has coached lesbians for decades. Please stop using that weak defense of citing Griner. Kim did marvelous things for that kid. Maybe their relationship deteriorated, but THAT alone doesn't make Kim anti-lgbtq.

Go ahead, dislike her all you want....just don't slander her.

#NATC

PostPosted: 03/31/23 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Look, it's a free country. We can all have different opinions. We have the right to think queer people are inferior, or act in ways that leads people to assume it.

P.S. Why can't we all just get along?!!

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/31/23 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Not you equating Rebkell to the pulse of America Laughing Laughing Laughing

Twisted Evil Razz Laughing Very Happy Mr. Green obviously!

eibln

PostPosted: 03/31/23 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I did say she was a good coach. I also said that I would never advise a talented young woman of my acquaintance to play for her.

Honestly that’s just sad then. Mulkey has helped put out many talented players and helped them get a good education and maybe future in the NBA. To discourage a player from going to one of the best coaches just because you may not believe the same, is just sad. That would be like telling kids not to go play for Saban in football because he believes differently or is hard on his players. This isn’t about what we believe, it’s about what’s best for their future.

PostPosted: 03/31/23 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Look, it's a free country. We can all have different opinions. We have the right to think queer people are inferior, or act in ways that leads people to assume it.

P.S. Why can't we all just get along?!!

Rolling Eyes

Nailed it, Luuuc!

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/31/23 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoping the majority here is happy Sunday afternoon!

The flowers have joined the birds in asking for their petals and feathers back. I cringe at how completely ridiculous Kimmy will dress Sunday. She certainly can't get any more pink than she was today!

~rAf
singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/31/23 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
She certainly can't get any more pink than she was today!

False! She could wear pink pants, too! Maybe even pink shoes, a big pink hat, and some pink pearls, too Razz

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/01/23 3:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
She certainly can't get any more pink than she was today!

False! She could wear pink pants, too! Maybe even pink shoes, a big pink hat, and some pink pearls, too Razz

Yes, she could dye her hair pink and have pink smoke coming out also. There is no limit to the scene she can create. Or how clownish the ESPN commentators will look either. She really should have completed it by dressing up her grandson as well as long as she's going all drag queen.

~rAf
Michael

PostPosted: 04/01/23 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
pilight wrote:
There are reasons to root against all four teams as well. LSU needs no explanation. With Virginia Tech it's a little unseemly to side with the only male coach in the F4. With South Carolina you might not want them in the conversation of best ever or maybe you don't like dynasties. With Iowa the hype around Clark can be oppressive and crowds out everyone else.

Why does LSU need no explanation? I'm new to college basketball this season. I was unaware of LSU hatred before this post. I picked LSU because they're the lowest seed left and I liked watching Angel Reese play.

Just speaking for myself here. Kim Mulkey is well known for being a homophobe, telling players like Brittney Griner they have to stay in the closet to play for her. She said some really stupid things during Covid, taking marching orders from the idiots at FoxNews (it's no big deal, the teams should play even when they're riddled with Covid). Then there's the fact she dresses like a drag queen, while not supporting actual drag queens...

And you add in the polarizing Angel Reese. She's had an outstanding year but wouldn't even be playing at schools that have a 2.0 GPA minimum. As we learned we she was left off the finalist list for an award, her GPA is below 2.0, but above LSU's minimum of 1.8, so she's in "good academic standing" at LSU. Not a good look for LSU. I mean, why not lower it all the way down to "anything above failing all your classes? Clearly, they're gunning for athletes who are below average academically.

When you KNOW that the school you are coaching at will kick out your players for violating the schools ethics code if they come out gay, you advise them to stay closeted. You can fault Mulkey for staying at Baylor as long as she did, but to use that as evidence of her being intolerant is extremely ignorant of the pressures and politics she was having to operate in. Unfortunately Baylor is a strict Baptist school that still kicks kids out for admitting they had premarital sex.... they are a bit of a relic and if you are working there or go there as a student you should know the environment you are walking into.

PostPosted: 04/01/23 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
pilight wrote:
There are reasons to root against all four teams as well. LSU needs no explanation. With Virginia Tech it's a little unseemly to side with the only male coach in the F4. With South Carolina you might not want them in the conversation of best ever or maybe you don't like dynasties. With Iowa the hype around Clark can be oppressive and crowds out everyone else.

Why does LSU need no explanation? I'm new to college basketball this season. I was unaware of LSU hatred before this post. I picked LSU because they're the lowest seed left and I liked watching Angel Reese play.

Just speaking for myself here. Kim Mulkey is well known for being a homophobe, telling players like Brittney Griner they have to stay in the closet to play for her. She said some really stupid things during Covid, taking marching orders from the idiots at FoxNews (it's no big deal, the teams should play even when they're riddled with Covid). Then there's the fact she dresses like a drag queen, while not supporting actual drag queens...

And you add in the polarizing Angel Reese. She's had an outstanding year but wouldn't even be playing at schools that have a 2.0 GPA minimum. As we learned we she was left off the finalist list for an award, her GPA is below 2.0, but above LSU's minimum of 1.8, so she's in "good academic standing" at LSU. Not a good look for LSU. I mean, why not lower it all the way down to "anything above failing all your classes? Clearly, they're gunning for athletes who are below average academically.

When you KNOW that the school you are coaching at will kick out your players for violating the schools ethics code if they come out gay, you advise them to stay closeted. You can fault Mulkey for staying at Baylor as long as she did, but to use that as evidence of her being intolerant is extremely ignorant of the pressures and politics she was having to operate in. Unfortunately Baylor is a strict Baptist school that still kicks kids out for admitting they had premarital sex.... they are a bit of a relic and if you are working there or go there as a student you should know the environment you are walking into.

But they sure don't do much about football players accused of rape...is that a digression? No, it's a slap on Baylor, a school I have no respect for whatsoever. No matter how much I like their coach, I would never advise my grandchild to go there. In fact, when my grandson was starting his football recruitment, his parents told him that was one school that was off the radar. (He is straight but his sister is gay.)

PostPosted: 04/01/23 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
But they sure don't do much about football players accused of rape...is that a digression? No, it's a slap on Baylor, a school I have no respect for whatsoever. No matter how much I like their coach, I would never advise my grandchild to go there. In fact, when my grandson was starting his football recruitment, his parents told him that was one school that was off the radar. (He is straight but his sister is gay.)

I feel the same way you do about Baylor (and Liberty, etc.), but but your 'football team' is not really a parallel position. I know nothing about "rape" there, but if it DID happen, and nobody prosecuted, that's actually criminal.

Judging Kim by her employer's standards isn't fair to her.

PostPosted: 04/02/23 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lawsuit in 2017 alleged 31 football players committed 52 rapes over 4 years…football coach used sex to sell the school to recruits…and it just gets uglier from there.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/02/23 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I feel the same way you do about Baylor (and Liberty, etc.), but but your 'football team' is not really a parallel position. I know nothing about "rape" there, but if it DID happen, and nobody prosecuted, that's actually criminal.

The athlete who was punished the most was the soccer player who was raped, who lost her scholarship, so yes, Baylor sucks shit and Mulkey sucks shit for having defended them.

PostPosted: 04/02/23 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whatever the case was with Baylor, none of it explains why Kimmy has, to this day, had no contact with Brittney since Britt was arrested in Russia. None. Zero. Zilch. To me that defines Kimmy as a human, and not favorably. It might also say what Brittney thinks of Kimmy, that Britt would not initiate contact with her after all she's been through. Kimmy can certainly coach circles around former Duke coach JPM, but it seems that many former players want nothing to do with either of them after they're done playing.

And Baylor IS a dinosaur of an anti female culture. Punishing a woman who was raped for having premarital sex while the rapists keep on raping is pretty much the definition of an anti female culture. No woman with any self esteem should set foot on a campus that allows rapists to keep on raping with impunity.

~rAf
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/02/23 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Whatever the case was with Baylor, none of it explains why Kimmy has, to this day, had no contact with Brittney since Britt was arrested in Russia. None. Zero. Zilch. To me that defines Kimmy as a human, and not favorably. It might also say what Brittney thinks of Kimmy, that Britt would not initiate contact with her after all she's been through. Kimmy can certainly coach circles around former Duke coach JPM, but it seems that many former players want nothing to do with either of them after they're done playing.

And Baylor IS a dinosaur of an anti female culture. Punishing a woman who was raped for having premarital sex while the rapists keep on raping is pretty much the definition of an anti female culture. No woman with any self esteem should set foot on a campus that allows rapists to keep on raping with impunity.

Pretty much what I think. Also what I think of Liberty and to some extent, BYU.

PostPosted: 04/02/23 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

The athlete who was punished the most was the soccer player who was raped, who lost her scholarship, so yes, Baylor sucks shit and Mulkey sucks shit for having defended them.

Kim defended Baylor for that? Proof please. Shocked

PostPosted: 04/02/23 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Kim defended Baylor for that? Proof please. Shocked

At this point you're just being a contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. That shit pisses me off when pilight does it, and he's better at it than you are and has been doing it longer. Google the woman yourself and stop acting like we're in a court of law where every point has to have a Mount Everest of evidence behind it.

PostPosted: 04/03/23 4:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lawsuit in 2017 alleged 31 football players committed 52 rapes over 4 years…football coach used sex to sell the school to recruits…and it just gets uglier from there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: