RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#3 Notre Dame vs #2 Maryland - 3/25/23
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/24/23 11:18 pm    ::: #3 Notre Dame vs #2 Maryland - 3/25/23 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament - Greenville Regional Sweet 16
Greenville, SC - 11:30 AM ET

TV: ESPN (Beth Mowins, Debbie Antonelli)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/35995acc-fef8-46ed-b3f2-8c692d9f98ec (tvpli)

Audio:
https://player.listenlive.co/68151 (turn off ad blocker)
https://westwoodonesports.com/?post_type=broadcast&p=80358

Live stats:
https://www.ncaa.com/game/6143414
http://statbroadcast.com/ncaa/bracket.php?tid=d1wbb

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/25/23 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/25/23 4:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I KNEW it would be DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When will ESPN learn that she makes the game nearly unwatchable?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
scullyfu

PostPosted: 03/25/23 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nm

PostPosted: 03/25/23 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course it has to be the early game. And they had to make it 11:30 instead of 11:00. I've got something schedule for 1:00 and the game is timed perfectly for me to either have to watch about 3 quarters and then wait for the ending or just watch on a delay.

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/25/23 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know ESPN dictates these times, but 11:30 is just a hideous time to start a game of this magnitude and is completely unfair to these two teams. What time do they get up? When do they eat their pre-game meal?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/25/23 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
I know ESPN dictates these times, but 11:30 is just a hideous time to start a game of this magnitude and is completely unfair to these two teams. What time do they get up? When do they eat their pre-game meal?

At least they are both teams from the Eastern time zones. Out here in Arizona the game begins at 8:30.

I'm pretty sure that ESPN did this to avoid overlapping with the men's games or other women's games.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/25/23 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
Of course it has to be the early game. And they had to make it 11:30 instead of 11:00. I've got something schedule for 1:00 and the game is timed perfectly for me to either have to watch about 3 quarters and then wait for the ending or just watch on a delay.

I had to work until 12:00. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/25/23 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just got home and there have been 3-4 fouls called on ND. Maybe I should go back to work!!!!!

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/25/23 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That should never happen. To be at the top of the key with the ball and not get the shot off in time - shouldn't happen.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/25/23 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, it's a damned close one so far. ND is doing very well considering Miles' absence. Looks like Diamond hasn't gotten rolling yet - only 1-4 on FGs.

PostPosted: 03/25/23 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Soni got mugged just before the half and they called it a turnover on Notre Dame. Ridiculous.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 03/25/23 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame's front line is in serious foul trouble. Maryland should be able to exploit that.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/25/23 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm turning this game off. Now. They did better when I wasn't watching.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/25/23 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I tuned in at halftime and OMG, not only DA, but Mowins? OMG, my EARS!

PostPosted: 03/25/23 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4 fouls on both Ebo and Watson. I think Notre Dame is toast.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/25/23 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

53-44 MD with 2:30 left in third

Shades

PostPosted: 03/25/23 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

57-45 MD end of third

pilight

PostPosted: 03/25/23 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Short handed Domers don't have the legs to stay with the Terps for 40 minutes

PostPosted: 03/25/23 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They did WAY better than I thought that they would do after the injuries to Dara and Olivia.

It will hurt for a while, but they will be better for what they have gone through and accomplished this year.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/25/23 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game looked like an unstructured group of street ball chaos players against a somewhat awkward, slow and clodhopperish group trying to play with intelligent structure but failing most of the time. The first group easily won.
NYSports56

PostPosted: 03/25/23 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
This game looked like an unstructured group of street ball chaos players against a somewhat awkward, slow and clodhopperish group trying to play with intelligent structure but failing most of the time. The first group easily won.

That's the way I saw at it too. Maryland didn't look very good at all until they were playing against the Notre Dame junior varisity.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/25/23 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

That's the way I saw at it too. Maryland didn't look very good at all until they were playing against the Notre Dame junior varisity.

Just wait. They will look bad again.

PostPosted: 03/25/23 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’ve been impressed with Frese’s coaching this season. At the end of last year’s season, MD lost two starters to graduation and two all American starters to the portal 😳 I thought going into this season they would be lucky to make the tournament, but Frese and her team rallied. The Terps team chemistry this year looks miles better than last year. Abby Meyers has been a godsend for them; her presence lessened the burden on Miller’s shoulders, who btw if Boston decides to stay, should be the #1 pick in the draft.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/25/23 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
I’ve been impressed with Frese’s coaching this season. At the end of last year’s season, MD lost two starters to graduation and two all American starters to the portal 😳 I thought going into this season they would be lucky to make the tournament, but Frese and her team rallied. The Terps team chemistry this year looks miles better than last year. Abby Meyers has been a godsend for them; her presence lessened the burden on Miller’s shoulders, who btw if Boston decides to stay, should be the #1 pick in the draft.

Hafta agree with that.

Not being an ardent fan of either team, I'd agree that the game didn't look particularly 'pretty', but .... the winning team did what they had to do. To me, the outstanding stat was TOs: ND - 25, MD - 12. If that's the result of MD's *street-ball*, oh well....

I didn't see more than half of the game, so I have no opinion about the caliber of reffing, but foul trouble for ND was a severely mitigating factor. That, plus Miles' absence, did not bode well for ND.

ND is gonna be just fine next year; MD? I s'pose we'll just hafta wait and see what kinda Roster Brenda pulls together....just don't count the Terps out! Cool

PostPosted: 03/25/23 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First half was okay, but the second half turned ugly (doesn't help when a team with lack of depth gets its entire frontcourt in foul trouble). BTW, the 3rd foul on Watson? WTF? She wasn't moving! How is someone called for a moving screen when they're not moving? Where were these refs When Stephanie Dolson was playing?

ND was killed by not having Miles and lacking depth (the latter something brought on my massive transfers, but that's how it is right now. Should Ivey have taken more transfers in that didn't fit the program just to fill the roster? I don't think that is the solution. The only solution is recruiting extras with ND being a relatively young team (Of the currently available players, on Ebo (and possibly Brown) isn't eligible for next year).

My one critique: I've seen this since back when Rutgers was in their heyday in the Big East. Teams get a reputation for "strong defensive play" and get away with plays that for other team it would have been a foul. A perfect example was that play towards the end of the 1st half.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: