RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

St. Francis College eliminating athletic programs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 03/20/23 4:20 pm    ::: St. Francis College eliminating athletic programs Reply Reply with quote

https://sfcathletics.com/news/2023/3/20/general-frequently-asked-questions-regarding-st-francis-colleges-decision-on-the-future-of-athletics.aspx

RIP to an original D-I program, and one of the last men's basketball programs to never make the tournament. RIP to the mural of Rocky breaking through the wall and to the elevator to the locker room. RIP to navigating through the cafeteria to get to the right side of the arena. RIP to the Battle of Brooklyn.

And the heartiest of fuck-offs to the college president who fled on personal leave the day before the announcement, and to the Board of Trustees for going through with something they clearly had planned well before informing the parties affected.

(now with spelling variations)
StevenHW

PostPosted: 03/20/23 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Assistant Coach Phyllis Mangina's name is somewhat familiar to me. Where else has she been coaching? I seem to recall Seton Hall, but I'm not sure.

PostPosted: 03/20/23 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
Assistant Coach Phyllis Mangina's name is somewhat familiar to me. Where else has she been coaching? I seem to recall Seton Hall, but I'm not sure.

She was the head coach at Seton Hall for a very long time, and was also Pat Coyle's right hand woman at St. Peter's for a while.

(now with spelling variations)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: