RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Alexis Morris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 02/28/23 11:48 am    ::: Alexis Morris Reply Reply with quote

In a couple of pre and post game interviews, Kim has gotten emotional when asked about Alexis Morris. The two have a long history which began at Baylor and then their paths separated only to meet up again at LSU. Mulkey says that Morris could write a best selling book about her experiences and that before reconnecting with Kim in Baton Rouge, she didn’t see basketball in her future when she left A&M. Morris has been gracious for the opportunity to rediscover her love of basketball, and perhaps, herself at LSU, and she speaks very appreciative and in awe of the support from the LSU community, the coaches, and her teammates.

Since her leaving Baylor, Kim has been maligned by some of Bear faithful and alums as not being genuine in her caring. But seeing her relationship with Morris is very genuine.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/28/23 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She must not be gay.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/28/23 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
She must not be gay.

+1

BUfan

PostPosted: 03/02/23 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Word is she was arrested twice at Baylor for beating up her partner. Second time was dismissal.

PRballer

PostPosted: 03/07/23 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And what happened at Rutgers?

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/07/23 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
And what happened at Rutgers?

She was arrested twice at Baylor for assault, possession of a "dangerous weapon," and marijuana use, all of which got her dismissed for violation of team rules.

She sat out a year at Rutgers due to transfer rules, missed time due to injuries, and only played in 7 games in her 2 seasons in NJ.

Then she went to Texas A&M where the issue apparently was her being unhappy with PT, and got a transfer waiver.

All I know is that she is probably the best guard I've seen this year. Despite her issues, I'd want her playing on my team if I wanted to cut down some nets. She's a tremendous clutch player.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/07/23 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
She must not be gay.

That's kinda low. Given her history with domestic violence against her 'partner', I'd think we might infer the opposite. Kim has been uber-gracious in her relationship with her.

PostPosted: 03/07/23 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
She must not be gay.

That's kinda low. Given her history with domestic violence against her 'partner', I'd think we might infer the opposite. Kim has been uber-gracious in her relationship with her.

if that’s truly the case, then Brittney Griner sadly hasn’t gotten that same grace this whole time

Howee

PostPosted: 03/07/23 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

....according to Brittney. It's tough to realistically judge that relationship, cuz one of 'em (not named Brittney) is beholden to the decorum of not speaking publicly on such matters, especially when the backdrop to their relationship was an anti-lgbtq organization like Baylor, where Brit voluntarily stayed for 4 years - Kim must have at least been gracious enough to keep her happy then.

PostPosted: 03/07/23 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
....according to Brittney. It's tough to realistically judge that relationship, cuz one of 'em (not named Brittney) is beholden to the decorum of not speaking publicly on such matters, especially when the backdrop to their relationship was an anti-lgbtq organization like Baylor, where Brit voluntarily stayed for 4 years - Kim must have at least been gracious enough to keep her happy then.

Mulkey? beholden to decorum????? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/07/23 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Howee wrote:

Mulkey? beholden to decorum?????
Rolling Eyes

Yup. On matters of discussing private things in any public forums, media, etc., she has never (to my knowledge) gossiped, slandered, etc., any one of her players. I'm always impressed by her post-game pressers, where she's quick to praise her opponents, and focus on positives. Those are some examples of "decorum" in a public figure.

PostPosted: 03/07/23 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Howee wrote:

Mulkey? beholden to decorum????? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Have to say I'm with undersize on this one. "Mulkey" and "decorum" don't belong in the same sentence.

~rAf
Howee

PostPosted: 03/08/23 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Howee wrote:

Have to say I'm with undersize on this one. "Mulkey" and "decorum" don't belong in the same sentence.

Maybe not in her courtside fashions or antics, but in the way of being professionally considerate in what she reveals about personal interactions with her players....yes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: