RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Players taking the extra year.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 02/20/23 6:26 pm    ::: Players taking the extra year. Reply Reply with quote

Thought it might handy to have thread to keep track of and discuss those players and discuss opting for a fifth year.

Indiana: MacKenzie Holmes and Sara Scalia

Iowa: Kate Martin and Gabby Marshall.

NDSU: Heaven Hamling

elsie

PostPosted: 02/20/23 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

for Gonzaga....Hollingsworth, Brynna Maxwell and the wonderful Truong twins...

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/21/23 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette’s Jordan King has previously said she’ll be coming back for another season.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/21/23 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

looks like nobody is coming back for fifth year for Stanford. Crying or Very sad

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 02/21/23 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Marquette’s Jordan King has previously said she’ll be coming back for another season.

That's great news for Marquette. They always seem so sound defensively and on the boards. Returning a proven scorer should definitely help next year.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 02/21/23 4:11 pm    ::: Re: Players taking the extra year. Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

And Molly Davis, who had already declared her intention of doing her COVID year at Iowa back when her transfer was announced. Not quite sure why Iowa didn't do an official announcement of it like they did with Martin and Marshall.

PostPosted: 02/21/23 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe they're waiting to do it after the Maryland game or considered it already known.

Is McKenna Warnock done?

thardy929

PostPosted: 02/21/23 8:16 pm    ::: Re: Players taking the extra year. Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

And Molly Davis, who had already declared her intention of doing her COVID year at Iowa back when her transfer was announced. Not quite sure why Iowa didn't do an official announcement of it like they did with Martin and Marshall.

Same situation for Jasmine Powell at Tennessee. Unclear if any of the other eligible seniors will come back (Key seems the most likely if, most importantly, she gets healthy).

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/21/23 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

That's great news for Marquette. They always seem so sound defensively and on the boards. Returning a proven scorer should definitely help next year.

You mean I gotta spend *another* year reminding myself that Jordan King and Danielle King are probably not related?

(now with spelling variations)
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/22/23 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
HomerCecil wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

You mean I gotta spend *another* year reminding myself that Jordan King and Danielle King are probably not related?

Yeah I’m thinking it’s probably unlikely they are related 😂. I used to mix up Danielle King with former MU player Danielle Kamm sometimes and they were just as unlikely to be related 😂.

Yes it will be good to have Jordan King back but they are really going to miss Chloe Marotta. I have personally loved watching Marotta play also and will be a bit of a mess for her senior day. And I so wish her Dad could have seen her and her brother follow in his footsteps playing at MU. Her brother and her both wore the same number as her Dad Mark did at MU. He died when Chloe was only 14 though 😢. He passed away from a brain aneurysm and she is raising money for that cause now.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/22/23 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Kiki Jefferson is coming back for a fifth year at James Madison, although she sure as heck could and it would benefit everyone. What a woman!

PostPosted: 02/22/23 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm hoping Endyia Rogers is trying for year #5 at Oregon. I hear that she's mulling her prospects. Kersgieter at Kansas is another one that might benefit from that.

Does anyone know, is Ayoka Lee coming back?

PostPosted: 02/23/23 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I'm hoping Endyia Rogers is trying for year #5 at Oregon. I hear that she's mulling her prospects. Kersgieter at Kansas is another one that might benefit from that.

Does anyone know, is Ayoka Lee coming back?

Ayoka Lee said she was coming back when the injury occurred.

PostPosted: 02/23/23 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The pre-game Senior Night photos from St. John’s don’t seem to include Jillian Archer and Unique Drake.

For Seton Hall, Senior Day did not include Azana Baines, Jala Jordan, Sha’Lynn Hagans, or Kae Satterfield.

(now with spelling variations)
CBiebel

PostPosted: 02/25/23 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND's senior night didn't include Jenna Brown, so she might be coming back. She played in the Covid year, so I think she might be granted the extra year.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/25/23 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

James Madison's Senior Night featured Kiki Jefferson and Caroline Germond, both of whom will be sorely missed next year.

Next year, by my count, we could have seven to NINE seniors. OUCH!

PostPosted: 02/25/23 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We're hopeful that we get all of the UGA eligible players back next year, especially Javyn Nicholson (post) and Alisha Lewis (point guard).

Chloe Chapman
Jordan Issacs
Alisha Lewis
Javyn Nicholson

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/08/23 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tamari Key is coming back for Tennessee. She missed most of this season after being diagnosed in December with blood clots in her lungs.
https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/womens-basketball/2023/03/06/lady-vols-basketball-tamari-key-coming-back-for-another-season/69971344007/

PostPosted: 03/08/23 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haley Frank, leading scorer for Mizzou, is returning for COVID year.

SPD

PostPosted: 03/13/23 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rickea Jackson is coming back for a 5th year at Tennessee.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35851546/tennessee-leading-scorer-rickea-jackson-returning-5th-year

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/20/23 1:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
looks like nobody is coming back for fifth year for Stanford. :cry:

According to Tara presser after loss to Ole Miss, Hannah Jump is returning. No one else. Belibi going into some program at Harvard (Med. School?) but probably won't be able to play basketball there.
ucbart

PostPosted: 03/20/23 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
myrtle wrote:
looks like nobody is coming back for fifth year for Stanford. Crying or Very sad

According to Tara presser after loss to Ole Miss, Hannah Jump is returning. No one else. Belibi going into some program at Harvard (Med. School?) but probably won't be able to play basketball there.

Belibi-HO HUM! I'll just play basketball at Stanford and then go to graduate school at Harvard? How are some people that blessed? What an impressive young woman she is.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/20/23 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Belibi-HO HUM! I'll just play basketball at Stanford and then go to graduate school at Harvard? How are some people that blessed? What an impressive young woman she is.

true dat. How cool is it to have that opportunity.

And I'm really happy that Hannah decided to come back. I was thinking last night that we might miss her even more than Jones. It's been our achilles heel all year to not have more consistent three shooting from anybody not named Hannah.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/20/23 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ucbart wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
myrtle wrote:
looks like nobody is coming back for fifth year for Stanford. :cry:

true dat. How cool is it to have that opportunity.

And I'm really happy that Hannah decided to come back. I was thinking last night that we might miss her even more than Jones. It's been our achilles heel all year to not have more consistent three shooting from anybody not named Hannah.

Tara addresses the plans of her four seniors at 23:20 of this video:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rn1Ie6vkH_I" title="Stanford Second Round Postgame Press Conference - 2023 NCAA Tournament" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
pilight

PostPosted: 03/20/23 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The Ivy League has rules against 5th year players but I'm not sure if they apply to grad transfers.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: