RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Virginia @ #7 Notre Dame - 1/22/23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/23 10:53 am    ::: Virginia @ #7 Notre Dame - 1/22/23 Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame, IN - 2:00 PM ET
TV: ACC Network (Sam Ravech, Kelly Gramlich)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/roadblock?id=07e11414-8969-40a2-9e61-546aa179c082 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://und.com/radio

Live stats:
https://statb.us/b/432192

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 01/22/23 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

See that too often.

Way damn too often.

Player out on a fast break and not much, if any, contact and the season is over.

Mabry made a steal and was out on the break. I'm thinking that maybe this will get her out of her shooting slump, she goes up for the layup, and comes down clutching her right knee.

Left the court, with lots of help, in tears.

Two minutes into the game.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/22/23 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Tears" is an understatement.

It certainly looked like the era of the Mabry sisters just ended very suddenly and in a horrible manner.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 01/22/23 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
"Tears" is an understatement.

It certainly looked like the era of the Mabry sisters just ended very suddenly and in a horrible manner.

That's my fear.....

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 01/22/23 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching Miles play basketball makes me think of the way Patrick Mahomes plays football.

I never watch NBA so comparisons to Magic Johnson, mean nothing to me.

What a pass!!!!!!

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/22/23 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND leads 18-9 at the end of Q1.

ND has 7 steals already. If ND would reduce the turnovers just a little they could break this open early.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/22/23 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

35-23 ND lead at the half. Mabry is out, and Miles sat most of the 2nd Q with 2 fouls, so without its starting guards, ND still leads by 12.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/22/23 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND wins 76-54.

ND shot much better today (50%). Citron led the scoring with 20, including hitting her first six 3 pt shots, then missed 1, and added 9 rebounds.

Miles had a quiet 12 pts, 7 assist, 4 rebound day but made several amazing circus passes for baskets.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/22/23 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about Mabrey, and also sorry that Virginia has lost Mir McLean for the season with injury. Where was Brunelle?
elsie

PostPosted: 01/22/23 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"time and chance".....there's not getting around life's inconveniences....

I am always hopeful that its not a major injury....prayers or her.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/22/23 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Sorry to hear about Mabrey, and also sorry that Virginia has lost Mir McLean for the season with injury. Where was Brunelle?

She was suspended for a game for getting an Intentional 2 foul in their last game vs FSU.

She got tangled with an FSU player, and the FSU player on the ground basically held onto Brunelle's leg, but then after Brunelle got basically free, she gave a rather gratuitous kick to the FSU player's groin (followed by some overacting from the FSU player). The FSU player was the instigator and probably had it coming, but you just can't do that.

An Intentional 2 carries with it an automatic next game suspension.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 01/22/23 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've watched Dara's injury a few more times.

I played/paused it several times. It looks like to me that it just buckled on the plant.

Citron got down court right after and was immediately calling for the trainer.

😢😢

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/22/23 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

She was suspended for a game for getting an Intentional 2 foul in their last game vs FSU.

She got tangled with an FSU player, and the FSU player on the ground basically held onto Brunelle's leg, but then after Brunelle got basically free, she gave a rather gratuitous kick to the FSU player's groin (followed by some overacting from the FSU player). The FSU player was the instigator and probably had it coming, but you just can't do that.

BTW, here is the play that got Brunelle the suspension. Frankly, if I was the official, both players would have received the same penalty.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1616844329334579201

ucbart

PostPosted: 01/22/23 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

BTW, here is the play that got Brunelle the suspension. Frankly, if I was the official, both players would have received the same penalty.

THAT was a flagrant 2? That's horrendous.

Tough news for Mabrey. Heal up, kid.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 01/23/23 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Follow up in case you don't check the general board, Mabrey's done for the year with a torn ACL.

https://www.on3.com/teams/notre-dame-fighting-irish/news/notre-dame-womens-basketball-dara-mabrey-knee-acl-injury-season-ending-irish/al board:

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/24/23 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sorry for Dara, but when I saw the replay, I knew what it was immediately.

PostPosted: 01/25/23 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I'm sorry for Dara, but when I saw the replay, I knew what it was immediately.

So did she. Sad

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/28/23 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

The FSU player that locked up Brunelle's leg and wouldn't let go, and then put on an academy award worthy performance to get Brunelle ejected and suspended (see video above) was senior guard Sarah Bejedi. Looking back at ND's subsequent win over FSU, there's a play with about 8:53 to go in Q3 where Bejedi tries dribbling into the paint as the shot clock runs down but has nowhere to go, so she turns around puts her shoulder down and lunges into Miles and dramatically falls to the floor. (The overly-acted dive looks even more ridiculous when they show a slow-mo replay.) It was a pathetic flop effort as the buzzer went off. The officials ignored her drama and called the shot clock violation. But evidently the Brunelle play may not have been an isolated occurrence.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/28/23 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

The FSU player that locked up Brunelle's leg and wouldn't let go, and then put on an academy award worthy performance to get Brunelle ejected and suspended (see video above) was senior guard Sarah Bejedi. Looking back at ND's subsequent win over FSU, there's a play with about 8:53 to go in Q3 where Bejedi tries dribbling into the paint as the shot clock runs down but has nowhere to go, so she turns around puts her shoulder down and lunges into Miles and dramatically falls to the floor. (The overly-acted dive looks even more ridiculous when they show a slow-mo replay.) It was a pathetic flop effort as the buzzer went off. The officials ignored her drama and called the shot clock violation. But evidently the Brunelle play may not have been an isolated occurrence.

Several fans on the Boneyard also claimed the Bejedi flopped egregiously in the UConn game in Uncasville. I didn't see the game, but all this seems to fit a pattern. I also read somewhere that she also claimed that she liked the being the 'villian'.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/28/23 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Several fans on the Boneyard also claimed the Bejedi flopped egregiously in the UConn game in Uncasville. I didn't see the game, but all this seems to fit a pattern. I also read somewhere that she also claimed that she liked the being the 'villian'.

she’s Finnish – the only instance she could ever be a true villain is in a Nordic horror film

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: