RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Princeton @ #6 Connecticut - 12/08/22
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/08/22 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Why did Senechal not play the last 5 minutes or so, the entire crunch time? She had been the most effective shooter up until that time. I certainly hope someone asks Geno in the presser.

Twitter seems to think there was an injury.

We’re the deepest team in the country at the guard spot. And we’re now out of guards.

I wonder if the Twitterverse is just repeating the bald speculation thrown out by the SNY color commentator or if someone has some real information.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/08/22 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Why did Senechal not play the last 5 minutes or so, the entire crunch time? She had been the most effective shooter up until that time. I certainly hope someone asks Geno in the presser.

Twitter seems to think there was an injury.

We’re the deepest team in the country at the guard spot. And we’re now out of guards.

I wonder if the Twitterverse is just repeating the bald speculation thrown out by the SNY color commentator or if someone has some real information.

"Lou Lopez Sénéchal has been "struggling a little bit" after straining her foot a few weeks ago, and he thinks she tweaked it today. "She says she's fine" but they'll have to keep an eye on it"

https://twitter.com/alexaphilippou/status/1601043244091027456

PostPosted: 12/08/22 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
It's a TWO POINT GAME with 46 seconds to go.
Who'd a thunk?

I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how this happened, does it?

On the bench injured at the end of the game are 4 of the 5 starters from our first two games.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/08/22 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

Griffin was 11-11 for 29 pts (2-2 3's). 5-5 (1-1) in the 4th. 10 rebounds, zero to's. And she was responsible for a lot of the Tigers' scoring trouble.

That's what I would call a comeback game. Coach I can too shoot!

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/08/22 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Who'd a thunk?

On the bench injured at the end of the game are 4 of the 5 starters from our first two games.

It's not that simple. UConn had a 15 point lead with 7 minutes to go. And there's probably no one on the Princeton roster as highly rated as each of the 5 players who were on the court for UConn.

Don't pretend you had a bunch of intramural players who came down out of the stands to fill in.

This was Princeton, not Maryland you were playing today.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 12/08/22 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Who'd a thunk?

It's not that simple. UConn had a 15 point lead with 7 minutes to go. And there's probably no one on the Princeton roster as highly rated as each of the 5 players who were on the court for UConn.

Don't pretend you had a bunch of intramural players who came down out of the stands to fill in.

again, UConn now has no guards.

PostPosted: 12/08/22 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Muhl come back to the bench after her injury?

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 12/09/22 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Did Muhl come back to the bench after her injury?

she did not, but i believe there's quotes that "she said she's fine"

ucbart

PostPosted: 12/09/22 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Who'd a thunk?

LOL! Go off, Art.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 12/10/22 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the reports were that Azzi Fudd was playing injured with her knee, then had her knee hit by a teammate in the game versus Notre Dame, and now she's out for a month or so?

Then Lopez Sanchez was dealing with an ankle issue, and played against Princeton: she played the entire 1st half until getting subbed for the final 1:15 of the half. Then she played the entire 2nd half until getting taken out at the 4:19 mark of the 4th Period. So she played 34:26 of a possible 35:41 of game time vs Princeton, up until she was taken out for the last time, and reportedly having tweaked her sore ankle....

mercfan3

PostPosted: 12/10/22 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
So the reports were that Azzi Fudd was playing injured with her knee, then had her knee hit by a teammate in the game versus Notre Dame, and now she's out for a month or so?

Then Lopez Sanchez was dealing with an ankle issue, and played against Princeton: she played the entire 1st half until getting subbed for the final 1:15 of the half. Then she played the entire 2nd half until getting taken out at the 4:19 mark of the 4th Period. So she played 34:26 of a possible 35:41 of game time vs Princeton, up until she was taken out for the last time, and reportedly having tweaked her sore ankle....

Tbh the medical staff has been suspect af since Rosemary left. It’s so ridiculous that it’s worth looking into.

PostPosted: 12/10/22 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:

Not sure what this post is saying or what its purpose is.

Fudd was playing injury free this season, as far as we know, until she injured her knee against Notre Dame last week. Historically, this was probably the first time she was playing injury free since April 2019, when she tore both her ACL and MCL one month after becoming the first high school sophomore to win the Gatorade NPOY award. That shot her HS junior season. Her HS senior season was mainly cancelled by Covid, but she apparently developed some sort of foot injury during that period that bothered her for her entire freshman season at UConn.

As to Senechal, we have now heard she has been suffering from foot or ankle pains/strains for a few weeks, which I don't think anyone knew about, but her pain increased such in the Princeton game that Geno finally sat her for good during the last 4+ minutes.

If Muhl and Senechal can't play against Maryland tomorrow, UConn will have only six players available, only one of whom, Edwards, was a starter at the beginning of the season. In other words, UConn will be reduced to Edwards and the five former end of bench players.

But maybe Muhl, Senechal and even Juhasz can give some minutes. It will all be mystery until game time, as far as I know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: