RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT....AGAIN!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 12/02/22 1:38 am    ::: I CAN'T BELIEVE IT....AGAIN! Reply Reply with quote

NOBODY started a thread for The Best Game of The Night? (okay, maybe second best - MD/ND may have been the best for intensity)

#5 Indiana handled #6 UNC, 86-73. Warnock and Parrish led the Hoosiers, with 25 and 24, respectively. And all this in the absence of their Guiding Light, Grace Berger (out with injury). I thought UNC's luck was gonna run out, eventually, with the Big Comeback strategy.

Last edited by Howee on 12/04/22 4:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
RavenDog

PostPosted: 12/02/22 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where does one find the scheduled games and viewings available on a daily basis?

Howee

PostPosted: 12/02/22 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Where does one find the scheduled games and viewings available on a daily basis?

Right here is one place. Very Happy

PostPosted: 12/02/22 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

For viewing options each day, check out hoopfeed.com.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 12/02/22 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

For viewing options each day, check out hoopfeed.com.

Thanks!

Howee

PostPosted: 12/04/22 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This time, nobody starts a VT/Tenn thread. Rolling Eyes

Virginia Tech rolls into Thompson-Boling Arena, and starts steam-rolling the Vols. Until TN fights back.

The only thing weird was VT winning with a 35% FG, 'cept TN's was only 33%. Shocked And VT winning, even with 15 LESS rebounds than TN's.

In all fairness, TN DID look much improved against a righteously ranked #9 VT. They got it down to a 1 possession game, after trailing by a lot. The Vol fans definitely turned out. Cool

PostPosted: 12/04/22 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, I watched most of that game. Tenn made a good comeback, but frankly theyr're a disorganized mess.

I'm wondering if the media (i.e. ESPN) will ever give up on calling a win over Tenn a big, impressive, marquis win.

Time for people to start crediting a win over Tenn for what it actually is this year rather than what it was fifteen years ago.

BTW, nobody created a thread for following Louisville getting their ass kicked by Middle Tenn today either.

If someone had said the ACC would go 10-1 today, how many would have guessed that the "1" would be Louisville losing to Middle Tenn?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/04/22 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Hey, I watched most of that game. Tenn made a good comeback, but frankly theyr're a disorganized mess.

I'm wondering if the media (i.e. ESPN) will ever give up on calling a win over Tenn a big, impressive, marquis win.

Time for people to start crediting a win over Tenn for what it actually is this year rather than what it was fifteen years ago.

BTW, nobody created a thread for following Louisville getting their ass kicked by Middle Tenn today either.

If someone had said the ACC would go 10-1 today, how many would have guessed that the "1" would be Louisville losing to Middle Tenn?

Or how about Maryland losing their home opener to Nebraska, 90-67? Looks to me like Maryland has Diamond Miller and little else. Will she continue the pattern of playing for Brenda for a year and departing for greener pastures?

PostPosted: 12/04/22 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

ArtBest23 wrote:

y'all have been around here a while. ya can't just make game threads yourselves when you don't see that a game you're interested in doesn't have one? not like they have to be perfect

also can't expect Shades to be perfect and make game threads for all the 'important' games, in which there's always been a little subjectivity involved when making a day's slate of game threads as well

Howee

PostPosted: 12/04/22 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

....nor....

(unranked) Nebraska's drubbing of #20 Maryland, 90-67
(unranked) Seton Hall's win over #24 Marquette 82-98
(unranked) St. John's win over previously unbeaten #13 Creighton
#5 Indiana's narrow margin of victory over (unranked) Illinois, 65-61

Stormeo wrote:
y'all have been around here a while. ya can't just make game threads yourselves when you don't see that a game you're interested in doesn't have one?

You'll notice that no one here said, "Why isn't Shades doing this?", but....
Maybe you HAVEN'T been around long enough to remember how, when some of us DID that, Shades got....peevish....and didn't want his job as Official Game Lister usurped.

But yes: we CAN do (and have BEEN doing) some of that. I try to keep games of interest to myself up there, if not already posted. I was just surprised none of the other fans didn't also step up to do the same. Maybe we just don't have any TN, MD or L'ville fans left? Shocked

PostPosted: 12/04/22 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Howee wrote:

ArtBest23 wrote:

y'all have been around here a while. ya can't just make game threads yourselves when you don't see that a game you're interested in doesn't have one? not like they have to be perfect

also can't expect Shades to be perfect and make game threads for all the 'important' games, in which there's always been a little subjectivity involved when making a day's slate of game threads as well

Actually, I used to do that until Shades expressed his displeasure. If Shades is now more comfortable with others sharing the load, I'd like some indication and guidance.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 12/04/22 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What I want to know is this: is this the year UConn finally loses a conference game?

~rAf
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/04/22 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades seems to be creating some game threads but not others. I have no idea if he wants to continue the somewhat thankless task, especially with the administrative disregard and implosion of this site, and I wouldn't blame him if he wants to quit. I'll probably continue creating threads just for UConn games, but Shades is welcome to do so if he lets me know otherwise.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/04/22 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
What I want to know is this: is this the year UConn finally loses a conference game?

It wouldn't surprise me, and they did lose one to Villanova last season.
Howee

PostPosted: 12/05/22 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And speaking about "again".....

Stanford beats Gonzaga by 21 pts, and Belibi and Betz get 2 and 5 min playing time, respectively. Rolling Eyes I hope Betz hits the transfer portal, sooner than later. She can/should be a dominant player and FOY prospect, but not with Tara keeping her on the bench.

PostPosted: 12/05/22 1:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

They lost one last year to Villanova.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/05/22 4:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
You'll notice that no one here said, "Why isn't Shades doing this?", but....
Maybe you HAVEN'T been around long enough to remember how, when some of us DID that, Shades got....peevish....and didn't want his job as Official Game Lister usurped.

i mean, i feel like it's fair game if it's the day of the game you're interested in and there's still no thread. he pretty much consistently posts his slate of game threads a day/night before

i'm a little familiar with that whole saga, though probably not completely if it goes back far enough. if you at any point of that ever felt like your irl safety was threatened, i can understand not taking any action here that might drag it all back up

but otherwise, would you rather someone be wrongfully mad at you and berate you? (in which you don't have to engage) or would you rather just keep ending up sad/disappointed every time you don't see the result you want to see? that's how i see it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Stormeo on 12/05/22 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 12/05/22 4:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Virginia Tech rolls into Thompson-Boling Arena, and starts steam-rolling the Vols. Until TN fights back.

The only thing weird was VT winning with a 35% FG, 'cept TN's was only 33%. Shocked And VT winning, even with 15 LESS rebounds than TN's.

In all fairness, TN DID look much improved against a righteously ranked #9 VT. They got it down to a 1 possession game, after trailing by a lot. The Vol fans definitely turned out. Cool

And not to mention that leading scorer Rickea Jackson did not play due to "Coaches Decision", plus two other Vols did not play due to being in concussion protocol. The Vols had some fight in them and came close to the upset. But will this be just a one-game anomaly or will it show the team is starting to figure things out?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/05/22 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Shades seems to be creating some game threads but not others. I have no idea if he wants to continue the somewhat thankless task, especially with the administrative disregard and implosion of this site, and I wouldn't blame him if he wants to quit. I'll probably continue creating threads just for UConn games, but Shades is welcome to do so if he lets me know otherwise.

I’ve done weekly threads for “other games” in the past and am happy to start that again for non-P5 and mid-majors. It’s where I post about JMU and Montana State and other non-P5 teams I follow, or others not otherwise posted. Any objections?

PostPosted: 12/05/22 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zags suited up only 7 players....two starters out, and two important subs out.....there might be a reason some Stanford players got limited time.....

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/05/22 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope Shades is alright. Hasn't posted in 2 days which is unusual.

I appreciate the effort he has put in here for a long time. His broadcast links are a great convenience.

So however he wants to proceed is fine with me.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/05/22 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I appreciate the effort he has put in here for a long time. His broadcast links are a great convenience.

Absolutely. I'm thinking we oughtta fill in as best we can - more hands make the task lighter.

elsie wrote:
Zags suited up only 7 players....two starters out, and two important subs out.....there might be a reason some Stanford players got limited time.....

Valid reason, but.....you'd *think* the starters/highest scorers might see fewer minutes. Shocked

PostPosted: 12/05/22 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Stanford beats Gonzaga by 21 pts, and Belibi and Betz get 2 and 5 min playing time, respectively. Rolling Eyes I hope Betz hits the transfer portal, sooner than later. She can/should be a dominant player and FOY prospect, but not with Tara keeping her on the bench.

She has barely started her college career, and I'm sure she has a great career ahead of her, but before jumping immediately to she should enter the transfer portal perhaps something to consider if she is slowly adjusting and perhaps she is onboard with whatever plan Tara has for her, maybe she wants to start slow and not be thrown in, or maybe she is dealing with something mentally or physically that starting out slow instead of throwing her out there when she doesn't need to be is better for her in the long run.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/05/22 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Howee wrote:

She has barely started her college career, and I'm sure she has a great career ahead of her, but before jumping immediately to she should enter the transfer portal perhaps something to consider if she is slowly adjusting and perhaps she is onboard with whatever plan Tara has for her, maybe she wants to start slow and not be thrown in, or maybe she is dealing with something mentally or physically that starting out slow instead of throwing her out there when she doesn't need to be is better for her in the long run.

Well, of course, there's a thousand *possibilities*. I just find it hard to imagine Betz herself isn't "ready". Certainly, we never say that about Geno 'forcing' Fudd or Bueckers when he started them out right away, Niele starting Miles out right away, Bluder starting Clark right away, or even Tara, when she started Haley right away. Betz is certainly a marquis player, who could start for ANY P5 school now. IFFFF this 'easing in' is what she wants, then - God bless her. It's just not very logical, imo.

PostPosted: 12/06/22 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Or how about Maryland losing their home opener to Nebraska, 90-67? Looks to me like Maryland has Diamond Miller and little else. Will she continue the pattern of playing for Brenda for a year and departing for greener pastures?

Welp fortunately for her the greener pasture will be a lottery pick in the WNBA draft so im sure she's not as phased about anything happening at MD this season .

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: