RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#10 North Carolina St @ #5 Connecticut - 11/20/22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/19/22 10:33 pm    ::: #10 North Carolina St @ #5 Connecticut - 11/20/22 Reply Reply with quote

Hartford, CT - 1:00 PM ET
TV: Fox Sports 1 (John Fanta, Kim Adams)

Video stream:
https://www.foxsports.com/live/fs1 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://thevarsitynetwork.com/feed/source/oas-1502?audioPlayer=uconn%3Aallaccess-Live-5918

Live stats:
https://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=430387

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/20/22 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
singinerd54

PostPosted: 11/20/22 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delayed start to this game due to medical incident with a member of the UConn coaching staff Shocked Sad (they didn't say who in the broadcast yet)

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/20/22 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

anybody there?
a "medical situation" with a Connecticut coach is delaying the game.
Any insight?

Speebs56

PostPosted: 11/20/22 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone at the game who can provide any further info on medical situation and who it might involve? I assume it would have to be one of the coaches, and not support staff if the game is delayed.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 11/20/22 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds bad! Was hoping someone on here knew something.

They know, but they're not telling us.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 11/20/22 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
UConn associate head coach Chris Dailey is on the floor being helped by medical staff. Players left and went back to the locker room. Scary moment here at the XL Center.

https://twitter.com/lilabbromberg/status/1594390227153391616?s=46&t=DEojFCsYt8R7ALv18XLW5Q

Quote:
Players were visibly shaken/crying going back into the locker room.

CD has been helped into an stretcher and is being transported off the floor. She waved to the crowd at XL as she left.

https://twitter.com/alexaphilippou/status/1594390666930446339?s=46&t=DEojFCsYt8R7ALv18XLW5Q

PostPosted: 11/20/22 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Twitter says she fainted, but was conscious and waved to the crowd as she was taken off the court

singinerd54

PostPosted: 11/20/22 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Griffin starting in place of Dorka. Edwards must stay out of foul trouble. Hope Ducharme can play legit minutes.

singinerd54

PostPosted: 11/20/22 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Griffin with the Euro step on the break! Shocked Very Happy Definitely my most improved on the team thus far.

Appreciate the aggressiveness, Edwards, but please stop traveling.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/20/22 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the 1H UConn up 7 via aggressive defense, especially steals by Griffin, and some good shooting.

The bad news: all UConn's scoring has only been by three players--Muhl, Ducharme, Patterson and Senechal have only even taken 6 shots among them, missing them all--and UConn has had too many TO's and PF's. These patterns will eventually tilt the game downward for UConn unless at least two are changed.
singinerd54

PostPosted: 11/20/22 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting that a university spokesperson says CD had a pregame "episode".

https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticut/uconns-chris-dailey-has-pregame-episode/?utm_source=t.co&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral

Don't see any other updates on Twitter as of now.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/20/22 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Senechal scores 12 pts in the 3Q, extending UConn's lead to 19.
CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/20/22 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope Daily is okay. I once had my picture taken with her after one of the ND-UConn games.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/20/22 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

91-69 UConn

21 pt win over No. 10 with their starting post out.

32 for Fudd, mostly in the 1st half.

Much maligned Nika Muhl set a new school record for assists with 15 (3to's)

Griffin - 16pts, (6-9) 6 rbs 6 steals.

ucbart

PostPosted: 11/20/22 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
91-69 UConn

21 pt win over No. 10 with their starting post out.

32 for Fudd, mostly in the 1st half.

Much maligned Nika Muhl set a new school record for assists with 15 (3to's)

Griffin - 16pts, (6-9) 6 rbs 6 steals.

Griffin is an absolute menace on defense and I can't believe how much she's improved on offense. I am stunned at how much better she is.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 11/20/22 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does UConn have the best backcourt in the country - even without Paige?

PostPosted: 11/20/22 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

It makes me weep to think about what we'd be with Paige and Ice. It's absurdly unfair.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 11/20/22 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

Muhl’s been a terror on the defensive end and Fudd has been the best player in the country so far, so right now I would say yes. While not exactly a defensive stopper, Azzi at least attempts to play defense which is a helluva lot better than some other offensive super stars Laughing Laughing

Count me in the Aubrey love train. She’s been amazing and still mind blowing what she’s accomplished after back surgery.

ucbart

PostPosted: 11/20/22 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Muhl’s been a terror on the defensive end and Fudd has been the best player in the country so far, so right now I would say yes. While not exactly a defensive stopper, Azzi at least attempts to play defense which is a helluva lot better than some other offensive super stars Laughing Laughing

Count me in the Aubrey love train. She’s been amazing and still mind blowing what she’s accomplished after back surgery.

Azzi is a great defender. She moves her feet well, she is never out of position and is fundamentally sounds doing it.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 11/20/22 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Azzi is a great defender. She moves her feet well, she is never out of position and is fundamentally sounds doing it.

I’ve been very impressed and she’s as good as advertised. She carries herself much like Maya Moore did. Here’s hoping to a much longe career 😢

Howee

PostPosted: 11/20/22 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn firing on all cylinders nicely - definitely look to be FF contenders (today, at least)

One thing that puzzles me: NC State lost all but one starter from last year, according to an announcer (I don't follow them at all)....and they rank in the Top 10?? They certainly did NOT look like a Top 10 team today. Shocked

PostPosted: 11/21/22 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

This is an interesting question. By backcourt, do you mean two or three players, since Geno starts three guards?

Assuming the question is limited to Fudd and Muhl, Fudd would definitely start on any team in the country and there's probably not many that Muhl wouldn't start on.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 11/21/22 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

This is an interesting question. By backcourt, do you mean two or three players, since Geno starts three guards?

Assuming the question is limited to Fudd and Muhl, Fudd would definitely start on any team in the country and there's probably not many that Muhl wouldn't start on.

I meant Muhl and Fudd.

I’ve always been a Muhl fan, she’s just one of those players that for some reason, the team plays better when she’s out there. However her improvements are significant. She’s clearly a top defender in the country, and her play making in transition is phenomenal. I’d like to see her take the reins a bit in the half court, to help Azzi get herself open, but outside of Paige, I’m not sure if there is another point guard out there I’d want.

And Azzi Fudd thinks she’s Steph Curry. She’s been the best player in the country, and is vastly better this year than last too.

PostPosted: 11/22/22 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speebs56 wrote:
Anyone at the game who can provide any further info on medical situation and who it might involve? I assume it would have to be one of the coaches, and not support staff if the game is delayed.

Why would you assume it's not a support staff, most if not all teams have support staff on the bench and in the locker room, so if it happened at either place it would delay the game.

I know the person involved turned out to not be a support staff member, but not sure why the assumption would be it's not a support staff person because the game was delayed.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/23/22 1:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Senechal, Fudd, Edwards, Muhl & Griffin have all started their seasons at a much higher level than expected by the general public and most media. Before the season Lopez-Senechal and Griffin were generally considered longshots at helping the team and in Griffin's case even playing.

Now they just need to get Juhasz and Ducharme back in the rotation and it's lights out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: