RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

It's showtime!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 11/07/22 11:26 am    ::: It's showtime! Reply Reply with quote

For all of us here who, like me, find their excitement to be quite palpable on this "Opening Day", I say...."Bring It On!" Cool

May YOUR team(s) fare well, and remain healthy throughout.

This year, my Favored Three:

Oregon

Stanford

Oklahoma

(....with eyeballs on all the 'other' good teams and individuals, too!)

PostPosted: 11/07/22 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game du jour
Creighton at SDSU

but also interesting
Northwestern at Oregon

lots of teams with totally new looks - interesting to see who gels.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/07/22 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU hosts Maine at the AUBC tonight. Really excited to see the new edition of this team in a new conference (Sun Belt) featuring 5 (count 'em 5!) new players plus the return of Peyton McDaniel, who missed all of last year with a foot injury, and Claire Neff, who missed much of it. Bring it on!

PostPosted: 11/07/22 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to Georgia Lady Bulldogs vs Coastal Carolina Chanticleers this afternoon! It will be very interesting to see the team chemistry and the starting lineup for Georgia. I'm thinking:

PG - Diamond Battles
SG - Either Audrey Warren or Alisha Lewis
SF - Either Zoesha Smith or Kari Niblack
PF - Javyn Nicholson
C - Malury Bates

I was wrong:

Chloe Chapman
Diamond Battles
Brittney Smith
Audrey Warren
Javyn Nicholson

Game Notes: https://georgiadogs.com/documents/2022/11/6/Game_Notes.pdf
Watch (ESPN): https://www.espn.com/watch/player...
Listen: https://georgiadogs.com/watch/?Live=4300&type=Archive
Live Stats: https://georgiadogs.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

Last edited by SPD on 11/07/22 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/07/22 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As of now, all but one of ND's games will be available in live video in some form (only the Lafayette game is audio only), although I'm not sure I'll spring for the FloHoops subscription to watch the American and ASU games). Two are even on national broadcast networks (Cal on NBC this weekend and UConn on ABC)!

I was just commenting on ND Nation about how far coverage of the sport has come. Back in 1995-96 I had to wait for monthly updates from Blue and Gold Illustrated (which, being a Football oriented paper, ran only once a month during Basketball season). I was happy when ND finally got ranked in the AP Poll because only ranked Women's teams had their scores on the ESPN ticker, so I could at least get scoring updates on that...until I found out that they used the Coaches' Poll ranking, so I had to wait 2 more weeks to even get that feature.

Now I can even watch the ACCNX broadcast games on my TV (ESPN app in the Roku), and thankfully last year Comcast finally got around to including ACC network.

I am so primed for this season. ND now has depth in the the post thanks to the addition of Watson and Ebo.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/08/22 2:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alissa Pili had 27 points in so minutes as she made her debut with Utah. She also had 7 boards and 2 blocks in the 88-63 over Idaho. Good on her that she seems to have rebounded from last seasons injury. She could make a great compliment to J. johnson and Kneepkens for this Ute team.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/08/22 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU lost its first game to Maine, 60-58, in a heartbreaker. Maine plays a pressing defense and was a tougher opponent than expected. On JMU's upside, the debut of Kseniia Kozlova, a transfer from Russia and MTSU, who provided much-needed muscle under the basket as well as points from there, the return of Peyton McDaniel, and some nice minutes from grad transfer PB Caroline Germond and CoC transfer Amira Williams as well as the usual anchor play of Kiki Jeffferson. Downside included defensive problems on JMU's part and some lazy passing by Germond, also the absence of a key player in Annalicia Goodman, who started at C most of last year but is currently out with some kind of injury.
Also, Maine's Anna Kahelin went down with some kind of serious-looking injury, possibly a knee, in the first minute of the game. I hope it wasn't an ACL but she couldn't put weight on it and we didn't see her even on the bench after that. Sad

PostPosted: 11/08/22 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So happy to have another college basketball season upon us.

Marquette is playing a lot of not so tough games during non-conference play though so it will be hard for me to have a good handle on them early. Although they have some tough games coming up at tournament in the Bahamas.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/09/22 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU is going to PA this evening to play D-II Millersville. I guess that's their exhibition game Very Happy which they had better win after Monday evening.

PostPosted: 11/09/22 7:46 pm    ::: Thursday, Nov 10, 7PM - UGA VS Alabama State Reply Reply with quote

Thursday, Nov 10, 7PM - UGA VS Alabama State

Watch on TV: SEC Network+ (Play-by-Play: Matt Stewart; Analyst: Anne Marie Armstrong) - https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=557a8e69-62cd-4abb-a6b1-419c20d6338d

Listen - https://georgiadogs.com/watch/?Live=4301&type=Archive

Live Stats - https://georgiadogs.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

Game Notes - https://georgiadogs.com/news/2022/11/9/womens-basketball-georgia-to-host-alabama-state-on-thursday

Howee

PostPosted: 11/09/22 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

(Transferring the above post's info to the "Game Discussion" forum for greater visibility)

PostPosted: 11/09/22 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
(Transferring the above post's info to the "Game Discussion" forum for greater visibility)

LOL - It's been so long, I forgot about that forum...thanks Howee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: