RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coaching rumors?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/20/22 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
The problem hiring a WNBA coach is there's other attractive opportunities (Collegiate Coaching, NBA Front Office and Scouting) for prospective candidates. I look at Eric Thibault who should be the hottest candidate for any open WNBA head coaching job but why would he leave a stable situation with the Washington Mystics to seek something unstable somewhere else.

Unless you do what Vegas did and make the W more attractive than those other options. Cool

dreamfan11

PostPosted: 10/21/22 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
The problem hiring a WNBA coach is there's other attractive opportunities (Collegiate Coaching, NBA Front Office and Scouting) for prospective candidates. I look at Eric Thibault who should be the hottest candidate for any open WNBA head coaching job but why would he leave a stable situation with the Washington Mystics to seek something unstable somewhere else.

Unless you do what Vegas did and make the W more attractive than those other options. Cool

So, we now have Miller headed to LA; who is next to go where? There have been some voices suggesting he is not the only current sitting coach on the move....

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/21/22 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dreamfan11 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

So, we now have Miller headed to LA; who is next to go where? There have been some voices suggesting he is not the only current sitting coach on the move....

Cheryl Reeve to Dallas will be the next domino to fall👀😎🤨

Milks26

PostPosted: 10/21/22 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
dreamfan11 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Cheryl Reeve to Dallas will be the next domino to fall👀😎🤨

I can work with that. Give her the GM title as well

PostPosted: 10/21/22 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What are we feeling about Michael Cooper to Dallas?

PostPosted: 10/21/22 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

That sounds like a very Dallas hire

PostPosted: 10/21/22 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sue Bird or Nykesha Sales for the Sun head coaching job?

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/22/22 1:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:

Oy.

~rAf
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/22/22 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

I feel like a contender with that move. Although I struggle to figure out how to alphas like him and Bibb can stay on one accord.

PostPosted: 10/22/22 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:

As an old school Miracle fan, I would LOVE to see Nykesha as a coach. She's had a few years as a college assistant. I'm not sure how well she'd interview or what her coaching philosophy is (I don't watch CBB) but she'd be a great pick.

That being said, I don't know if that is a "win a chip now!" type move. The Sun will need to be very bold (like Vegas). They should pursue Reeve or try to lure Weatherspoon away from the NBA.

Unless CT is planning on blowing it all up. Who knows.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/22/22 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:

She’s been a terrible GM, but never mind that.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Milks26

PostPosted: 10/24/22 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

She’s been a terrible GM, but never mind that.

Well....that just means she will fit right in Idea

PostPosted: 10/25/22 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll give you a name for next Sun coach, how about Asjha Jones? She played there, was an assistant with Washington, hired by the Trailblazers. Coached under Thibeault I don't know if she would be interested.

They did raise her number at Mohegan Sun Arena like the Aces did with Becky...

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 11/02/22 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RI_Sun_Fan wrote:
I'll give you a name for next Sun coach, how about Asjha Jones? She played there, was an assistant with Washington, hired by the Trailblazers. Coached under Thibeault I don't know if she would be interested.

They did raise her number at Mohegan Sun Arena like the Aces did with Becky...

I think Brandi Poole deserves a chance of being the head coach of the Sun and Stephanie White a 2nd chance of being the head coach of the Fever. Also, I think Amber Stocks will get strong consideration to be the next GM of the Los Angeles Sparks or Connecticut Sun.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 11/02/22 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
[...I think Amber Stocks will get strong consideration to be the next GM of the Los Angeles Sparks or Connecticut Sun.

Please explain your reasoning here.

PostPosted: 11/02/22 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
[...I think Amber Stocks will get strong consideration to be the next GM of the Los Angeles Sparks or Connecticut Sun.

Please explain your reasoning here.

Amber Stocks:
available
Experience as WNBA GM
Assistant Coach along with Curt Miller for LA Sparks in 2015

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 11/03/22 3:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shoot, I'm available, too!🤣 Let me put my hat in the ring!!!

Her HC stint was unremarkable.

None of her 2017 picks are in the league (Coates lasted longest but never made much impact anywhere, sadly.) She drafted Diamond and Gabby but cut Laney who I believe was still recuperating from her first major injury. Granted, Laney wasn't the player she is now, but I saw her potential,which is why I am happy for her now!

Something must have happened shortly after the 2018 draft lottery because Stocks was quickly out the door.

Don't think she's coached in the W since.

Thus, I am not convinced she's a viable candidate.

Totally tangential...it always puzzled me why, during a STH social event, she felt the need to tell me, sotto voce, that the VanderQuigs had just bought a house. I was glad to hear it, but that wasn't her news to share...

PostPosted: 11/03/22 7:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:

None of her 2017 picks are in the league (Coates lasted longest but never made much impact anywhere, sadly.) She drafted Diamond and Gabby but cut Laney who I believe was still recuperating from her first major injury. Granted, Laney wasn't the player she is now, but I saw her potential,which is why I am happy for her now!

Something must have happened shortly after the 2018 draft lottery because Stocks was quickly out the door.

Totally tangential...it always puzzled me why, during a STH social event, she felt the need to tell me, sotto voce, that the VanderQuigs had just bought a house. I was glad to hear it, but that wasn't her news to share...

Maybe VanderQuigs were fine with her using that info for marketing purposes?

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 11/03/22 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:

Did you read the part where I mention Amber Stocks has a previous working relationship with the new LA Sparks Head Coach Curt Miller. Also, Amber Stocks does now the inner workings of being a WNBA GM that the average person doesn't know. It's not easy being a successful GM and Head Coach which is why almost all the WNBA teams (except Lynx, Mystics and Sky) have separated the jobs.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 11/03/22 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I Minnesota Lynx have a re-signed Cheryl Reeve as Head Coach and President of Basketball Operations, per an Instagram post.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 11/03/22 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
I Minnesota Lynx have a re-signed Cheryl Reeve as Head Coach and President of Basketball Operations, per an Instagram post.

Per Kate Yanchulis of Just Women's Sports

https://justwomenssports.com/wnba-minnesota-lynx-coach-cheryl-reeve-contract-extension/

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 11/03/22 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per Eden Laase Just Women's Sports:

Who should the Connecticut Sun hire as their next head coach?

https://justwomenssports.com/connecticut-sun-head-coach-opening-hire-candidates/

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/03/22 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Per Eden Laase Just Women's Sports:

Who should the Connecticut Sun hire as their next head coach?

https://justwomenssports.com/connecticut-sun-head-coach-opening-hire-candidates/

Snoopy......i know there will be a lot of backlash due to his previous actions as a HC in the W but he has won a title with LA and Conn continues to be 1 step short. Could he get them over the hump ?

PostPosted: 11/04/22 3:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Did you read the part where I mention Amber Stocks has a previous working relationship with the new LA Sparks Head Coach Curt Miller.

I did but guess had a mental block about the potential significance of that connection because I just don't see Stocks as a good repeat HC or GM prospect. Perhaps I have missed something but it seems her name hasn't been mentioned in other open job speculations. Jmo. Let her prove me wrong.

PostPosted: 11/04/22 3:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Patterson seems content as an AC. Berube sounds intriguing. Smith? I dunno...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: