RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bracketology: 2023 NCAA Tournament
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/04/22 12:25 pm    ::: Bracketology: 2023 NCAA Tournament Reply Reply with quote

It's baaaaaaack. The thing we most hate to love and love to hate: Charlie Creme's bracketology.

Thought I'd start a thread for discussion of Creme's and/or any other bracketology projections y'all run across and want to share!

PostPosted: 10/04/22 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notable Remarks:

Creme currently predicts that Green Bay will win the Horizon in a shocking pick going for historic success over the recent winners or an up and comer in Cleveland State

He currently has Virginia going from a nothing-burger to First Four Out on the basis of the new coach.

South Dakota, who literally lost.....most of their core from last year including their coach is still in the Last Four Byes as an at large.

Kansas State without Ayoka Lee is in Creme's Next Four Out. I think this is unlikely.

Creme picks Notre Dame to win the ACC over Louisville and NC State.

Fairfield did lose a key contributor to their neighbors in Connecticut, but I'm surprised that Creme went with Manhattan out of the MAAC.

Equally curious is that Creme goes with Stephen F. Austin out of the WAC despite them losing Stephanie Visscher to Michigan State.

Princeton is a curiosity at #6. I think they likely scheduled too tough -- as they likely won't beat UConn or Texas -- but I'm not sure wins over Villanova, Rhode Island, Seton Hall, and/or Columbia are enough to garner a 6 seed.

RHSibley

PostPosted: 10/04/22 6:36 pm    ::: Re: Bracketology: 2023 NCAA Tournament Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
It's baaaaaaack. The thing we most hate to love and love to hate: Charlie Creme's bracketology.

Thought I'd start a thread for discussion of Creme's and/or any other bracketology projections y'all run across and want to share!

Thanks for posting. Things to discuss and think about.

PostPosted: 10/04/22 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

P12 with six teams in. 4 in Greenville and only 2 in Seattle, including one whole bracket with zero. Just saying.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/05/22 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
P12 with six teams in. 4 in Greenville and only 2 in Seattle, including one whole bracket with zero. Just saying.

The Pac-12 actually has 8.

PAC 12 teams in Pre-Season Bracketology:
1-seed : Stanford
5-seed : Arizona
5-seed : Oregon
6-seed : Utah
7-seed : UCLA
11-seed: Oregon State
11-seed: Washington State
12-seed: Colorado

I count 5 in Greenville, and 3 in Seattle. (Stanford, Oregon State, and Colorado, all get to go to Seattle. I'd be surprised if that's how it ends up.)

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/05/22 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#8 seeding for Duke I think captures where Duke is with the rebuild from scratch that Kara Lawson was tasked with. I expect this team to be competitive with top 25 teams and possibly earn a spot at some point in the season. I think Duke is second tier in the ACC, with top tier being Notre Dame, Louisville and NC State. Second tier is Virginia Tech, UNC and Duke. Georgia Tech could sneak up there. Miami is surging due to Miami's lucrative NIL deal attracting good talent plus having Coach Katie Meyer who knows how to utilize that talent.

My goal for this team is to work to earn a higher seed and possibility of advancing to the Sweet Sixteen. Kara needs to show this year that she knows how to utilize post players as more than screeners in order to attract a top tier post player to finally make Duke their #1 destination. With last year's motley crew of post players, using them primarily as screeners for more talented wings was necessary. Having a crew of posts a step above in talent (Oregon State transfers in) should provide that opportunity to draw up some plays for them. They will still mostly be screeners/post defenders/rebounders as they haven't shown themselves to be prolific scorers. A step above this past season, but just a step above.

~rAf
Ladyvol777

PostPosted: 10/05/22 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Y'all just give up, Tennessee will win it all.....

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/05/22 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, we'll just give up before the season plays. Y'all should give up before a single game is played because absolutely NO ONE can beat Denver University this season and they should go home with the National Title before anyone can so much as breathe the rarified air on the same court as them.

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/05/22 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Ok, we'll just give up before the season plays. Y'all should give up before a single game is played because absolutely NO ONE can beat Denver University this season and they should go home with the National Title before anyone can so much as breathe the rarified air on the same court as them.

That’s not rarified, that’s altitude.

(now with spelling variations)
RHSibley

PostPosted: 10/06/22 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

That’s not rarified, that’s altitude.

LOL Laughing

PostPosted: 10/06/22 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ho hum. Go back to counting beans, Charlie.

PostPosted: 10/06/22 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RAM- Kennedy Brown is a pretty good post who never wanted to play the post position while she was at Oregon St. She invisioned herself as a 3 at the next level. Unless she saw the light and changed her perspective she might not be happy if Lawson wants to put her at the 5. She might settle for playing post on defense if she is not forced to play with har back to the basket on the offensive end.

PostPosted: 10/06/22 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
RAM- Kennedy Brown is a pretty good post who never wanted to play the post position while she was at Oregon St. She invisioned herself as a 3 at the next level. Unless she saw the light and changed her perspective she might not be happy if Lawson wants to put her at the 5. She might settle for playing post on defense if she is not forced to play with har back to the basket on the offensive end.

Good to know. We'll see who wins that battle of wills. With Duke being completely devoid of post players when they went after Kennedy in the portal, it had to be crystal clear what Duke was expecting from her. If you want to check DWB history, we had 6'5 Iciss Tillis who floated around the perimeter on offense, but buckled down and played great post defense. Tall players with a sweet outside shot can thrive in certain systems. We'll see if Kennedy is that player and Coach Kara has that system.

~rAf
Howee

PostPosted: 10/07/22 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kara will know how to handle that kid....I wish them both the best, in the new setting. Cool

PostPosted: 10/08/22 1:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brown is sort of like Stevens was but unlike Stevens she does not seem to have the option of transfering once again.

PostPosted: 10/08/22 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Brown is sort of like Stevens was but unlike Stevens she does not seem to have the option of transfering once again.

You talking about Azura Stevens? Who transferred once?

PostPosted: 11/15/22 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30423107/ncaa-women-bracketology-2023-women-college-basketball-projections

iowa at a 1-seed Shocked
imma just gonna enjoy it while it lasts because why not Cool

PostPosted: 11/15/22 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
iowa at a 1-seed Shocked

Drake must be a 2 or 3 seed Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 11/22/22 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30423107/ncaa-women-bracketology-2023-women-college-basketball-projections

Quote:
Tennessee and Texas, No. 1 seeds in the preseason, are absent this week

PostPosted: 11/22/22 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't like that he removed TN and TX this week, I get that in the rules of the game they would be absent from the tournament at under .500; however, I would still project that both teams will make the field. It seems that he's doing it to be sensational and get additional clicks.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/22/22 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
I don't like that he removed TN and TX this week, I get that in the rules of the game they would be absent from the tournament at under .500; however, I would still project that both teams will make the field. It seems that he's doing it to be sensational and get additional clicks.

I'm so here for it. We all know it's clickbait so might as well lean into that aspect of it. Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing

In other news, Iowa State moves up to the last 1-seed line. Time for the curse of the fourth 1-seed to strike and the Cyclones to take an L. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 11/22/22 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:

You would "project" them as making it, and he in fact DOES "project" "Both teams are expected to bounce back and be in the field come March. . ." But he also explains that his Bracketology is a snapshot, not a "projection": "Bracketology is a snapshot of the season as if the tournament field is being chosen that day. . ."

Maybe there's somebody else who publishes and regularly updates a "projected" bracket, but that's not what Creme's purports to be. I don't see how that's sensationalizing it. He's doing exactly what he says he does. As long as he's consistent I don't see a problem.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/22/22 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

You would "project" them as making it, and he in fact DOES "project" "Both teams are expected to bounce back and be in the field come March. . ." But he also explains that his Bracketology is a snapshot, not a "projection": "Bracketology is a snapshot of the season as if the tournament field is being chosen that day. . ."

Maybe there's somebody else who publishes and regularly updates a "projected" bracket, but that's not what Creme's purports to be. I don't see how that's sensationalizing it. He's doing exactly what he says he does. As long as he's consistent I don't see a problem.

He's not consistent. Iowa wouldn't get a 2-seed with a loss to Kansas State when many peers are unbeaten, for example. It's sensationalizing. And we still love it (or love to hate it). Laughing

PostPosted: 11/22/22 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

He's not consistent. Iowa wouldn't get a 2-seed with a loss to Kansas State when many peers are unbeaten, for example. It's sensationalizing. And we still love it (or love to hate it). Laughing

Based off other criteria a 1 point loss on the road at this point in the season isn't going to affect them even though other teams are undefeated. As more things play out and more games are played and numbers, rankings, etc even out that 1 point road loss can be a difference maker, especially if Kansas State starts losing games, but at the moment they are undefeated and #9 in the country in RPI.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/23/22 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Besides, if the season ended today - there wouldn't be a tournament. Period.

In other news, if we're looking at body of work thus far instead of where we think teams will end up, Stanford wouldn't be a #1 seed based on wins over Portland and Pacific. We probably should explore Marquette, UCLA, Gonzaga, and some other schools for the top seed line if the season ended today. This bracketing principle isn't consistently applied, and leaving Tennessee and Texas out is purely sensational at this point but hey - we want attention for the sport and controversy creates conversation. I miss the days when he had little blurbs for each team based on what they'd done since the last update.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: