RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 01/17/23 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
People have been dreaming about a Stewart and Sloot combo. Maybe this combination will happen in New York and not Seattle.๐Ÿ˜

Maybe I just haven't been watching enough Liberty games: do people think that Ionescu would be better off the ball? Why would Vandersloot want to go to Brooklyn when they already have a high-usage, ball-dominant All-Star point guard?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/17/23 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
People have been dreaming about a Stewart and Sloot combo. Maybe this combination will happen in New York and not Seattle.๐Ÿ˜

Maybe I just haven't been watching enough Liberty games: do people think that Ionescu would be better off the ball? Why would Vandersloot want to go to Brooklyn when they already have a high-usage, ball-dominant All-Star point guard?

People that love Ionescu know that when she played at Oregon she was not the point guard on that squad in college. She was able to be the triple double machine by allowing another guard to bring the ball up the court.

PostPosted: 01/17/23 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
People that love Ionescu know that when she played at Oregon she was not the point guard on that squad in college. She was able to be the triple double machine by allowing another guard to bring the ball up the court.

This has been a question during Ionescu's time with the Liberty. There were some nice stretches last season in which Crystal Dangerfield came off the bench to be the point guard and Sabrina became the off guard. Ionescu is a spectacular passer but in certain ways is less than ideal at point guard.

PostPosted: 01/17/23 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

I mean, you can call her the power forward, if you want to, I still envision Ionescu directing the offense and dominating the ball for the lion's share of the shot clock. Do I have that wrong? And, if not, do you see Vandersloot as a "bring the ball up and hand it off to the other guard" type? Like, I realize that Vandersloot deferred some to Parker in Chicago, but Parker went to the Sky as a veteran, a former MVP and a champion, and Ionescu is none of the above.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/17/23 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Io and Sloot would work really well together...on offense. Both can initiate, pass, and shoot. Defense, however, would be a big question mark IMO.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/17/23 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

i dug up where i believe i first mentioned it myself โ€“ wasting at least the past half hour in the process like an idiot ๐Ÿ˜’

regardless of what 'true' position she really is, Ionescu can comfortably play off the ball

myrtle wrote:
I think Io and Sloot would work really well together...on offense. Both can initiate, pass, and shoot. Defense, however, would be a big question mark IMO.

Chelsea Grayโ€™s just lickin' her chops already at the thought of thisโ€ฆ Plum & Young too, tbh

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/17/23 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I mean, you can call her the power forward, if you want to, I still envision Ionescu directing the offense and dominating the ball for the lion's share of the shot clock. Do I have that wrong? And, if not, do you see Vandersloot as a "bring the ball up and hand it off to the other guard" type? Like, I realize that Vandersloot deferred some to Parker in Chicago, but Parker went to the Sky as a veteran, a former MVP and a champion, and Ionescu is none of the above.

You are technically both right

Ionescu plays better with a true PG

but is also a high usage ball dominant player

It worked well at Oregon with Cazorla and Moore and last year with Dangerfield but there is no question that Ionescu was the Batman and the PG was the Robin

I am not sure if I was Sloot I would be too excited to be in that position. Sloot is built to dominate and direct the offense working with star wings, posts and shooters not sure if her and Ionescu would be the best match (and defense would be yikes)

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/18/23 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am not saying anything about wanting Sloot to leave Chicago. I would like her to stay. But I believe if she decides to leave that she will head west and not east.

PostPosted: 01/21/23 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As the free agency craziness continues!

Fact or fiction: breaking down free agency rumors

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2023/1/21/23562615/fact-or-fiction-breaking-down-free-agency-rumors

Buckling up with the popcorn ready! This is definitely an "exciting" time for the league.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/21/23 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2023/1/21/23562615/fact-or-fiction-breaking-down-free-agency-rumors

Buckling up with the popcorn ready! This is definitely an "exciting" time for the league.

Great article . Canโ€™t wait to see how the next 7 days unfold. We will see the dominoes fall starting with Stewie then Sloot then Parker . My predictions are
Sloot - Minnesota if Stewie does not stay in Seattle
Azura - Minnesota
Stewie - Tough call but NYl look hard to pass up.
Parker - Leaves Chi for Las Vegas I cannot see the sparks competing for a championship rn with there roster.

PostPosted: 01/28/23 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2023/1/28/23566650/sky-lose-candace-parker-to-aces-in-free-agency

Candace to Vegas.

So, do the Sky blow it up?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/28/23 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2023/1/28/23566650/sky-lose-candace-parker-to-aces-in-free-agency

Candace to Vegas.

So, do the Sky blow it up?

Parker had only been in Chicago for two years - the core was built before she got there. Was she an important piece the last two years? Yes. But I don't think you blow it up just because you lose a 36-year-old who had spent two seasons on your team.

I think it has always hinged on Vandersloot.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/28/23 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Great article . Canโ€™t wait to see how the next 7 days unfold. We will see the dominoes fall starting with Stewie then Sloot then Parker . My predictions are
Sloot - Minnesota if Stewie does not stay in Seattle
Azura - Minnesota
Stewie - Tough call but NYl look hard to pass up.
Parker - Leaves Chi for Las Vegas I cannot see the sparks competing for a championship rn with there roster.

1/4 so far sorry Sky fans no shade.

PostPosted: 01/28/23 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it becomes a non-contending year imo no matter who returns at this point โ€“ Parker's leadership is missed as much as her production, maybe even more so

Sloot & thus Quigley don't return, Copper could now request a trade, Stevens probably signs elsewhere unless the Sky overpay for her, the Belgian players may or may not show up in general

the team now seemingly belongs to Gardner, Evans, Hebard, and the #5 pick โ€“ though i think any one of them could get traded in the right deals (such as deals that give the roster more players) as well

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 01/28/23 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's truly going to be interesting to see what the Sky look like this year....

Wait, so Kah can request a trade even though she was cored?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/28/23 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky have $931,301 dollars to spend on free agents. Someone one is going to get paid this season.๐Ÿ’ต๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ต๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ต

PostPosted: 01/28/23 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:

She could sit out and demand a sign and trade.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/28/23 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:

To be clear, she was cored last year, and proceeded to sign a two-year deal that lasts through the end of this year. She is scheduled to be a free agent next year. As it is, she can demand a trade or perhaps [threaten to] sit out if she doesnโ€™t want to play for the Sky anymore.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 01/28/23 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

To be clear, she was cored last year, and proceeded to sign a two-year deal that lasts through the end of this year. She is scheduled to be a free agent next year. As it is, she can demand a trade or perhaps [threaten to] sit out if she doesnโ€™t want to play for the Sky anymore.

Gotcha!

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/28/23 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Gotcha!

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

With no Philadelphia franchise (yet), I do wonder where Copper would want to go if in fact she wants to go. Dallas, LA, Seattle, and Washington need a starting G/W right now. Other teams could turn out to as well. New York would be a trendy destination as sheโ€™s familiar with that area from her Rutgers days, especially if a trade is worked out that sees Laney & Dolson return to Chicago (amongst other, more valuable assets).

DTP

PostPosted: 01/29/23 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope that she doesn't want to leave and embraces this next challenge in her career. She's already won a championship and has made Chicago her home (great fan base, good coach, great arena, etc.) you would think someone at her age in this position would love the opportunity to really be the face of the team.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 01/29/23 2:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
I hope that she doesn't want to leave and embraces this next challenge in her career. She's already won a championship and has made Chicago her home (great fan base, good coach, great arena, etc.) you would think someone at her age in this position would love the opportunity to really be the face of the team.

LOL! One of the things that I've noticed since becoming a player-only fan is that there are things that fans consider important that aren't nearly as important to the players as they are to the fans.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 01/29/23 7:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:

Dang. Coach Wade can't get the same adjective as the fan base or arena?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/29/23 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
DTP wrote:

๐Ÿ˜‚ Did they lie tho? Is Wade a great coach? Or is he just a good coach? ๐Ÿ˜…

DTP

PostPosted: 01/29/23 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
DTP wrote:

๐Ÿ˜‚ Did they lie tho? Is Wade a great coach? Or is he just a good coach? ๐Ÿ˜…

Great GM is the best I can do. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: