40%  [ 8 ]
Storm
60%
 60%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 20

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/04/22 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
More than anything I LOVE that ESPN thought they had their storybook moment of Sue Bird hitting the game winning shot. But Jackie Young had other plans.

^my attempt at #hatehard Twisted Evil

You are learning, disciple. You are learning.😂

PostPosted: 09/04/22 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
More than anything I LOVE that ESPN thought they had their storybook moment of Sue Bird hitting the game winning shot. But Jackie Young had other plans.

^my attempt at #hatehard Twisted Evil

You are learning, disciple. You are learning.😂

I think the Baron of HateHard would have at least mentioned the term "compiler" when referencing Bird.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 09/04/22 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
This whole overtime is brought to you by TC missing TWO free throws. This is why TC will not win a ring, no matter where she plays. Seattle made a run with Magbegor in instead of TC.

LET IT GO. I'm rooting for Vegas but I hope Seattle wins just to spite your annoying ass.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/04/22 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Best game I’ve seen this season. I was rooting for the Aces but man did Wilson get away with a blatant travel late in regulation.

PostPosted: 09/04/22 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Vegas executed extremely well, and their plays are great. Hammon is the leagues best coach - and I’m not sure anyone is particularly close to her.

Yet a fuck ton of people voted for Wright. Rolling Eyes

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/04/22 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
This whole overtime is brought to you by TC missing TWO free throws. This is why TC will not win a ring, no matter where she plays. Seattle made a run with Magbegor in instead of TC.

LET IT GO. I'm rooting for Vegas but I hope Seattle wins just to spite your annoying ass.

Laughing Laughing Wink

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/04/22 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Lobo, Lobo, Lobo.....This is why you should never coach!!!!!

If Magbagor had kept her hands up and fouled JY and put her at the line for the win, with NO time on the clock....bad idea.

I think she did say "just grab her". Foul her in a way she couldn't get the shot off. Although that has to be fast.

Still don't like the idea.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/04/22 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I'm glad it was Tina that blew the game for them. I just hate the ring chasing shit - especially midseason ring chasing.

This one's for you JohnJohn! (I'm not the only one who dislikes Tina Charles! In fact all Mystics fans are dancing in the street right now BECAUSE it was TC that blew it)

~rAf
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/04/22 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
I'm glad it was Tina that blew the game for them. I just hate the ring chasing shit - especially midseason ring chasing.

This one's for you JohnJohn! (I'm not the only one who dislikes Tina Charles! In fact all Mystics fans are dancing in the street right now BECAUSE it was TC that blew it)

The Hills are alive with the sound of TC hate.🎵🎶
Julie Andrews I could use your vocals right now.

PostPosted: 09/04/22 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The Mystics fan site is certainly celebrating! No love lost for TC by Mystics fans! Yeah, not many of them are here so I'll just take the hits on behalf of all Mystics fans.

~rAf
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 09/04/22 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The Mystics fan site is certainly celebrating! No love lost for TC by Mystics fans! Yeah, not many of them are here so I'll just take the hits on behalf of all Mystics fans.

TC bailed on my team too but I don't care this much. Get a grip.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/04/22 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

No shit, if any group of fans should hate her it would be Phoenix fans, but most of us are like “go help Sue get a ring.”

PostPosted: 09/04/22 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/04/22 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

No shit, if any group of fans should hate her it would be Phoenix fans, but most of us are like “go help Sue get a ring.”

Um, no. While I sure as hell don't identify as a "Phoenix fan," as someone who nonetheless rooted for Phoenix's success this season, I would like Charles, Bird, and the entire Storm team to get destroyed in game 4.

PostPosted: 09/04/22 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The schadenfreude around Tina Charles missing clutch free throws is somehow too much and not enough at the same time

PostPosted: 09/04/22 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Las Vegas TRAVELED their way to a win.

It would have to be a lot more blatant than that to get called in the final seconds of a close playoff game

holy cow it WAS blatant, it was like 2 travels in one. this is the shit that's embarrassing for the league - they'll play it on sportscenter and its just laughable

Mixolydian

PostPosted: 09/04/22 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Re: Charles, someone on here said (apologies I don't remember exactly who), when Charles signed with Seattle midway through the season, "if the Storm don't win it all this year it will be because of this decision." I've thought of that quote a LOT over the past couple months. Especially when she replaced Magbegor in the starting lineup and got more and more of her minutes. Especially the past couple games as I watch Charles' terribad shot selection and then of course the missed FTs today.

At this point I don't know what to think. I'm not sure we would be better without her. Probably not. But I do know I wish I could live in the timeline where we didn't sign her and Magbegor continued to develop. I'd honestly rather lose with that lineup. And I say that knowing how badly Magbegor biffed the D in crucial possessions today. There's just a bit of a stink on everything somehow.

Re: the game. So many what ifs. What if Loyd or Stewie had been just slightly warmer in the first half? What if Charles made a free throw? What if they'd called Aja's travels or even a little of what Stewart was being subjected to? What if Quinn had stayed with Talbot and Magbegor instead of subbing Charles in? What if Magbegor had closed out on Williams? What if Magbegor had played some D on Young? What if Seattle had used the foul they had to give? What if Seattle had rested the big 3 so they weren't completely out of gas in OT?

You look at all those what-ifs, though, and you realize that the Aces were just the better team today, especially the coaching.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 09/04/22 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man, what a game!

Yeah, another that was affected by bad calls/no calls. Seems like that's a league-wide pandemic...

I really don't know who I'd prefer to meet in the Finals right now!

PostPosted: 09/04/22 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great exciting game! I think most mature and knowledgable basketball people know and understand that not one player brought about the win or caused the loss. Animosity towards one another, childish hatreds and living vicariously through these players and teams is not healthy. There were many moments during the game where each team missed easy shots, committed turnovers, missed assignments and so forth.

However, I did admire how both coaches managed the teams and how both team's players battled throughout the game, especially during the last quarter and through the overtime period. Some of the players simply played outstandingly, as some responders have noted.

Tough game to win or lose for both teams.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 09/04/22 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Great exciting game! I think most mature and knowledgable basketball people know and understand that not one player brought about the win or caused the loss. Animosity towards one another, childish hatreds and living vicariously through these players and teams is not healthy. There were many moments during the game where each team missed easy shots, committed turnovers, missed assignments and so forth.

However, I did admire how both coaches managed the teams and how both team's players battled throughout the game, especially during the last quarter and through the overtime period. Some of the players simply played outstandingly, as some responders have noted.

Tough game to win or lose for both teams.

x___________

PostPosted: 09/04/22 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mixolydian wrote:
Re: Charles, someone on here said (apologies I don't remember exactly who), when Charles signed with Seattle midway through the season, "if the Storm don't win it all this year it will be because of this decision." I've thought of that quote a LOT over the past couple months. Especially when she replaced Magbegor in the starting lineup and got more and more of her minutes. Especially the past couple games as I watch Charles' terribad shot selection and then of course the missed FTs today.

At this point I don't know what to think. I'm not sure we would be better without her. Probably not. But I do know I wish I could live in the timeline where we didn't sign her and Magbegor continued to develop. I'd honestly rather lose with that lineup. And I say that knowing how badly Magbegor biffed the D in crucial possessions today. There's just a bit of a stink on everything somehow.

Re: the game. So many what ifs. What if Loyd or Stewie had been just slightly warmer in the first half? What if Charles made a free throw? What if they'd called Aja's travels or even a little of what Stewart was being subjected to? What if Quinn had stayed with Talbot and Magbegor instead of subbing Charles in? What if Magbegor had closed out on Williams? What if Magbegor had played some D on Young? What if Seattle had used the foul they had to give? What if Seattle had rested the big 3 so they weren't completely out of gas in OT?

You look at all those what-ifs, though, and you realize that the Aces were just the better team today, especially the coaching.

Great post. I think playing TC over Magbegor has not made Seattle a better team and has slowed down Magbegor's development. Magbegor is certainly a better defender, but that doesn't take much. Funny that Ticha singled out Chelsea defending TC, rather than TC's deficient defense to make fun of.

I thought "die bitches" had won another game with another clutch shot, but her team let her down. But, this team has overachieved after losing Mercedes for the season. With her, they had a nice post rotation going and the addition of Gabby gave them the defender they've needed since losing Clark.

~rAf
Queenie

PostPosted: 09/04/22 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

She bailed on my team too and I’m settling for a low background hum of “neener neener neener” with a twist of “we tried to warn you about the shot selection”.

That being said, as much fun as it is to see Charles be partly responsible for the sequence of events, Magbegor going completely hands down on that play by Young is inexcusable. If I’m reading the play-by-play correctly, Seattle still had a foul to give. Could Magbegor have fouled before Young got into a believable shooting motion and taken just that much more time off the clock, forced Las Vegas to come up with another play with even less time to go?

PostPosted: 09/04/22 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

You do realize Birdy already has a ring? In fact several rings?

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/04/22 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good Lord how many steps is this?

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1566531530335260672?s=20&t=Hkkk5_rzCByu39dPpaeHpw

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 09/04/22 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Good Lord how many steps is this?

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1566531530335260672?s=20&t=Hkkk5_rzCByu39dPpaeHpw

I count two.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: