WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/10/23 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bump

PostPosted: 02/10/23 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
https://twitter.com/ESPN_WomenHoop/status/1624127182821003264?t=28s0w3ULDWs2_bTySUTDEw&s=19

Diamond DeShields will be traded from Phoenix to the Dallas Wings, a source confirms to ESPN’s Andraya Carter.

Great move....Fills the Gray void . I think we need to draft a True PG at #3 AGAIN or use it for trade bait . I got a feeling Bibb is relying on Dangermouse and Burton and will decide to draft elsewhere smh. I cannot think of one college PG that's worth #3 in this class anyways tbh No to osborne .

Maybe they go back to experimenting with Arike at the 1 but with Dangerfield as the first guard off the bench getting near starter minutes allowing Arike to play decent minutes off the ball

maybe start
Ogunbowale, Deshields, Sabally, Howard and McCowan

with a decent amount of shifting up a spot with Ogunbowale going 1/2 Deshields 2/3 Sabally 3/4 and Howard 4/5 and McCowan 5

and then decent minutes for Dangerfield, Burton and Kuier

working in the #3 pick

and not really having to rely too much on Collier or Brown
tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Collier ended up getting swapped to PX or Chicago as part of the deal

Arike at the 1 is not ideal , takes away from her scoring mentality and we need her to score. The 2 other teams involved hopefully cough up a PG as well possibly for a future pick ? But with the team we have now i want to keep 24 first rounder. We won't be a title contender regardless so lets not give away our PP possibilities Laughing Cool

I am assuming PX and Chicago or both trying to win now

maybe Chicago is sending out its #5 pick or future consideration
PX might be trying to free up money to pay DT, Griner and bring back a win now type on a decent sized contract

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/10/23 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
A multi-team trade is close to being finalized that would end up sending Marina Mabrey to the Chicago Sky and Diamond DeShields to the Dallas Wings. A 4 team trade to be exact.

Damn damn damn.....

Ok my random guess trying to keep it simple

Dallas gets Deshields
Chicago get Mabrey
Washington gets pick 5
PX gets Hines-Allen and pick 11
Or Hines-Allen and Evans

Coyotes

PostPosted: 02/10/23 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's Deshields to Dallas
Mabrey to Chicago
Onyenwere to Phoenix
New York gets something.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/10/23 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happy Onyenwere gets a shot somewhere else

Hopefully ny get something in the future we don’t have a lot of room this year as is

It terms of Dallas Deshields for Mabrey seems fair imo

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/10/23 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Deshields for onyenwere seems a little uneven maybe chicago is sending something to PX as well

Maybe pick 5 to PX and future 2 nd round pick to ny?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/10/23 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Mabrey...Damn damn damn !! Confused

I was not spilling tea , only speaking of what was obvious in the circle . A certain PM was sent to me in a frustrating light as if I named or said anything specific as a confirmation . Thanks ______x ^^^

PostPosted: 02/10/23 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry if I had any negative affect I was clearly just joking around

Sometimes a poster might know something more than the average fan and that is one of the fun things about this board

You clearly did not say anything outside of the public domain it was clear that something was up when she wasn’t signed 10 days ago I was speculating options day ago so no one should be making you feel like you spoke out of turn imo

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/12/23 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Sometimes a poster might know something more than the average fan and that is one of the fun things about this board

You clearly did not say anything outside of the public domain it was clear that something was up when she wasn’t signed 10 days ago I was speculating options day ago so no one should be making you feel like you spoke out of turn imo

Thanks Spoon I appreciate you recognizing my genuine post. You were not the person to DM in the reference either so it means even more that you can understand this on an outside front.

Side note : Anyone else warming up to Alexis Morris from LSU becoming a first rounder? I think she would fit well with our Wings current roster and her style of play.

Burton/Dangerfield/(Morris or Horston 11th pick)
Arike/Dickey or #5 pick (Jackson or Siegrest)
Sabally/Deshields / #3 pick (hopefully Miller)
Howard/Awak
McCowan/Collier or Possibly Brown
Picks 5/11 will have to work hard to make the Final Cut but Dickey , Burton & Collier / Brown will have to prove themselves as well against the young talent .

PostPosted: 02/12/23 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Thanks Spoon I appreciate you recognizing my genuine post. You were not the person to DM in the reference either so it means even more that you can understand this on an outside front.

Side note : Anyone else warming up to Alexis Morris from LSU becoming a first rounder? I think she would fit well with our Wings current roster and her style of play.

Howard/Awak
Picks 5/11 will have to work hard to make the Final Cut but Dickey , Burton & Collier / Brown will have to prove themselves as well against the young talent .

Hopefully not Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 02/12/23 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Howard/Awak

Hopefully not Laughing Laughing Laughing

You guys have a slew of SF’s over there Laughing Laughing Plus I think Reeve is a Haley Jones fan so I’m praying that loyalty sticks draft night Razz Razz

PostPosted: 02/12/23 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The fact that Wade truly believes Mabrey is going to be better than any Guard coming out of college these next 3 years shows how smart he is as a GM Laughing Laughing Laughing

Marina Mabrey signed with the Chicago Sky for three-years, guaranteed, at $202,00, $208,000, & $210,000. Better hope those feet on defense become guaranteed to use on the defensive side of the ball as well for that type
Of per diem.

PostPosted: 02/12/23 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bibb better have a plan to cut down on all those 1RPs for this year by Draft Night, and maybe even the two he has in 2024 and the two he has in 2025

this was a great trade for Dallas on paper but my goodness, it's a never-ending cycle

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/12/23 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Bibb better have a plan to cut down on all those 1RPs for this year by Draft Night, and maybe even the two he has in 2024 and the two he has in 2025

this was a great trade for Dallas on paper but my goodness, it's a never-ending cycle

I’d rather have hope in the future versus limbo so overall plan or not the plan is we will not fall to the cellar because we have reinforcement picks. Every team losing players this off-season cannot say that no shade but facts .

PostPosted: 02/12/23 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I’d rather have hope in the future versus limbo so overall plan or not the plan is we will not fall to the cellar because we have reinforcement picks. Every team losing players this off-season cannot say that no shade but facts .

and i'd rather bring all that hope for the future squarely into the present in the form of a contending team, but that's just me

i don't see this team falling back to the cellar for a while barring health, but the main concern is getting them out of the middle of the pack for good with this core group and being able to finally break into the upper third/upper quarter of the league

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/12/23 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean, they've only got maybe 8 players left on the roster I'm confident I'd be keeping, and they've now saved so much cash that they can keep 12. So I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they just draft people with all three picks and bring everyone to camp.

PostPosted: 02/12/23 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

only for one if not two of the draftees to either get cut outta the gate or not go on to develop into anything

never-ending cycle

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/12/23 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would do something like this
Don’t get hung up on the starters I just like Diamond too much to put her on the bench and there are plenty of minutes to put Arike off the ball with Burton and Dangerfield also Diamonds defense is a great compliment to Arike

Ogunbowale/Dangerfield
Deshields/Burton
Sabally/#3 Miller or Horston
Howard/Kuier/ #5 Jackson or Siegert
McCowan/Collier

#11 Morris or Sheldon vs Dickey for last spot
I actually like C. Taylor at 11 but thought I would try to give you a pg

Or package Collier and first round pick for more experienced PG but I can’t figure out who that would be (Carter?)

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/12/23 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
only for one if not two of the draftees to either get cut outta the gate or not go on to develop into anything

never-ending cycle

Cycles Spin upward sometimes. We’re on the climb versus hitting our Summit losing 75% of our scoring and then plummeting to the bottom of the league the following season ….

PostPosted: 02/12/23 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

never-ending cycle

Cycles Spin upward sometimes. We’re on the climb versus hitting our Summit losing 75% of our scoring and then plummeting to the bottom of the league the following season ….

oof, not the shade of it all… tsk tsk. welp, at least the Sky fans' & Storm fans' respective teams each have a title to their name! #AllChampionshipsMatter 💁🏻‍♂️

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/12/23 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Draft picks are cheaper by the dozen.

PostPosted: 02/14/23 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

never-ending cycle

Draft picks are cheap.

but ur right never-ending BS over there. I've been saying for eons - this team will never be anything with Bibb at the helm. Too bad the other owners can't see that.

PostPosted: 02/14/23 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

never-ending cycle

Draft picks are cheap.

but ur right never-ending BS over there. I've been saying for eons - this team will never be anything with Bibb at the helm. Too bad the other owners can't see that.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 02/15/23 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
ultimately though, if Mabrey doesn’t want to be back, then she won’t be

LMAO....You just love any potential negative outcomes in Dallas, don't you

but am i wrong tho??

for the record: i’d want her to stay in Dallas at this point & give Trammell a chance but it sounds like it’s not gonna happen:

WNBA 09 wrote:
Mabrey...Damn damn damn !! Confused

You're not wrong...it's still funny though😁😁😁!!!

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/15/23 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas fans do you like D Miller enough to consider 3 and 5 for 2?

Or do you prefer two bites at the apple even if you miss out on your first choice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16

Jump to: