RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/09/22 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
I agree with the majority of what you said, however, I'm willing to move on from Ty Harris, Dickey and Collier of we could get one or more those that I listed.

Welp, on that note, here was the trade I conceived lmao – anyone can feel free to jump in & tear it down or what have you

Wings trade the #11 + one of CCollier/Kuier/Alarie to Chicago, and one of Burton/Harris + the #19 to New York

Sky trade Hebard to New York, and the #23 to Dallas

Liberty trade the rights to NSabally + the #6 to Dallas, and one of Willoughby/Onyenwere/Richards to Chicago

Wings receive the rights to NSabally + the #6 + the #23

Sky receive the #11 + one of CCollier/Kuier/Alarie + one of Willoughby/Richards/Onyenwere

Liberty receive one of Burton/Harris + Hebard + the #19

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/09/22 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

way too complex, but my first take is that NY gets screwed. They're basically giving up a #5 and #6 for some maybe useful backups.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/09/22 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not the first time I’ve gotten that feedback. Laughing

Long story short: Think of it as Hebard for NSabally, Burton/Harris for the #6, and the #19 for one of those many wing players the team doesn’t need. But then, you’d also have to believe that Hebard and Burton/Harris have starter potential, as I do.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/09/22 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That trade features much movement but little progress

PostPosted: 11/09/22 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Basically every Rebkell fantasy trade; unrealistic and unimpactful.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/09/22 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Pilight wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
anyone can feel free to jump in & tear it down or what have you

Basically every Rebkell fantasy trade; unrealistic and unimpactful.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zz5qp3ELhQM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/09/22 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Obviously I called it "wishful thinking", but here's how I originally saw it:

Chicago turns one young player with potential into two – they're thin on players atm – and significantly moves up in the draft

Dallas moves up in the first round, gets a high-risk-high-reward player who so happens to be related to a core piece of theirs (bonus investment the elder Sabally), and gets rid of two extra young players (to the developmental benefit of their remaining young players)

New York gets the young PG they need alongside Ionescu – Dangerfield ain't It and there aren't any sure things in the top half of the Draft – resurrects an ole Oregon chemistry combo (which is bonus investment in the former #1 pick), and gets rid of an extra wing player (more addition by subtraction for the remainders)

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/09/22 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
I agree with the majority of what you said, however, I'm willing to move on from Ty Harris, Dickey and Collier of we could get one or more those that I listed.

Welp, on that note, here was the trade I conceived lmao – anyone can feel free to jump in & tear it down or what have you

Wings trade the #11 + one of CCollier/Kuier/Alarie to Chicago, and one of Burton/Harris + the #19 to New York

Liberty trade the rights to NSabally + the #6 to Dallas, and one of Willoughby/Onyenwere/Richards to Chicago

Sky receive the #11 + one of CCollier/Kuier/Alarie + one of Willoughby/Richards/Onyenwere

I could live with that trade from a Chicago Sky perspective.

PostPosted: 11/10/22 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
As RFAs, I can see one of Mabrey and McCowan walking if one (or both) get offered something Dallas doesn’t want to match. Neither are worth the (regular) max, but especially Mabrey I can see getting one or two offers up that alley. Or hey, maybe one or both of them (amongst others) want out of Dallas, even with the coaching change. To me, the odds of Mabrey, McCowan, and Allisha Gray all being on the same team next year are low.

I’m gonna guess that Harrison looks to go elsewhere, regardless of whether or not Dallas has the cap space to re-sign her.

My prediction is: Mabrey & Harrison are out, Gray & Mccowan will return.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 11/10/22 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Dallas aren't going to have much cap room left to work with if they keep Mabrey and McCowan, barring trades that move out someone else expensive.

Rich, play Bibb on draft day and tell me what you would do👀

I don't know the college prospects anywhere near well enough to guess about the pick, but generally speaking over the years Bibb rates Dallas's existing players higher than other people do. So I'd say there's every chance that they re-sign Mabrey and McCowan, fail to cut or trade anyone (unless AGray is really pushing to get out), and end up bringing the lot of them to camp.

That would require getting Mabrey and McCowan signed for a combined $363,696 or less, though. Which might be a stretch with the base max now above 200k.

I was hoping for more exciting news 😥😥😥

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 11/10/22 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

2 injury prone Sabally's plus adding another unproven rookie....I'll pass😒

lynxmania

PostPosted: 11/18/22 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings hire Brandi Poole as Assistant Coach. She was previously on Curt Miller’s assistant in Connecticut.

PostPosted: 01/15/23 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG - Mabrey (still undecided ) Burton / Dangerfield the smallest of the smallest
SG - Arike / Dickey for now
SF - Sabally / Awak?
PF - Natasha Hallelujah Howard / Alarie
C - McCowan (Still undecided) / Collier (Still not a professional )

Harris and Thornton more so than ever thank you for everything you contributed to our franchise. Heart spirit and toughness even through hard times you gals were always reliable. Looking forward to rooting for you both with new teams. Allisha Gray good luck too ……

PostPosted: 01/15/23 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lmao on that Collier assessment

Is it possible that Gray was having personality clashes with other players, and the proposed three-way trade is a way of alleviating those clashes while keeping Gray? Or are the issues with Gray irreconcilable?

(now with spelling variations)
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/15/23 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Is it possible that Gray was having personality clashes with other players, and the proposed three-way trade is a way of alleviating those clashes while keeping Gray? Or are the issues with Gray irreconcilable?

No it was outside people in her camp telling her she would not ever get the glory she deserves with a certain coach and playing behind certain players . Teammate wise she was never a cancer or an issue she comes to work and does her job and goes home to her boyfriend . She will be missed but she’s not irreplaceable . Not sure if it’s reconcilable at this point but I’m one WFFL who would not be mad if she stayed. Our franchise is going into year 8 coming off our first playoff win ever as Dallas so it’s either your alll in or you can gtfo. No time for 1 foot in 1 foot out individuals #Period

PostPosted: 01/15/23 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PG - Mabrey (still undecided ) Burton / Dangerfield the smallest of the smallest
SF - Sabally / Awak?

Harris and Thornton more so than ever thank you for everything you contributed to our franchise. Heart spirit and toughness even through hard times you gals were always reliable. Looking forward to rooting for you both with new teams. Allisha Gray good luck too ……

If a team with money like Indiana gave Mabrey a max offer sheet, would Dallas match?

Milks26

PostPosted: 01/15/23 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SF - Sabally / Awak?

If a team with money like Indiana gave Mabrey a max offer sheet, would Dallas match?

They shouldn't. She's replaceable to.

PostPosted: 01/15/23 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Dallas announced already that they renounced the rights to Alarie; one less to take into consideration.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/16/23 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SF - Sabally / Awak?

Collier😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/16/23 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

No it was outside people in her camp telling her she would not ever get the glory she deserves with a certain coach and playing behind certain players . Teammate wise she was never a cancer or an issue she comes to work and does her job and goes home to her boyfriend . She will be missed but she’s not irreplaceable . Not sure if it’s reconcilable at this point but I’m one WFFL who would not be mad if she stayed. Our franchise is going into year 8 coming off our first playoff win ever as Dallas so it’s either your alll in or you can gtfo. No time for 1 foot in 1 foot out individuals #Period

I totally agree with this statement especially after listening to Coach T interview with Winsidr around the 24:40 mark she damn near confirmed (accidentally) that is what happened...young & dumb!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/16/23 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

may_b wrote:
I think Dallas announced already that they renounced the rights to Alarie; one less to take into consideration.

That's news to me! I haven't heard this nor can I find any info at all in relation to it.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/16/23 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can't renounce your rights to someone you owe over 83,000 dollars this year. It'd be like saying "I renounce my rights to this credit card bill."

PostPosted: 01/16/23 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
You can't renounce your rights to someone you owe over 83,000 dollars this year. It'd be like saying "I renounce my rights to this credit card bill."
😆😆😆

PostPosted: 01/16/23 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keep Alarie. We've barely seen what she can do for the team. VJ stunt so much growth from these girls. Ty's that point gawd. Dumb a&s Bibb as always

PostPosted: 01/16/23 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Keep Alarie. We've barely seen what she can do for the team. VJ stunt so much growth from these girls. Ty's that point gawd. Dumb a&s Bibb as always

Ty harris was steady , i would not say she was a Point Gawwd , i mean she had her minutes taken by a rookie last season . I think Bibb actually made a good move here. Harris will have a fine career elsewhere her time here was up.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: