View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/17/22 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Coaching hires last year:
Tanisha Wright mid-October
Sandy Brondello early-January
Vanessa Nygaard late-January

Right but one could argue the NY and PHX hires were delayed by the Becky Hammon sweepstakes that were going on behind the scenes. Once they lost that contest, NY was able to scoop up Sandy and PHX were left scrambling.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/17/22 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Things may be a bit slower this year for announcements. STH Justin is no longer with the Wings instead we have a new rep of "Jason" who has reached out to inform STH's to stay patient about the HC hire. Overall another cycle of mystery for the Wings again.

PostPosted: 10/19/22 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Quote:
You simply aren't going to come close to winning anything as long as Arike is the focal point

Nope!!! And that's been their downfall every time she touches the ball. Maybe the new coach will grasp this.

Bibb needs to step down. Or at least give the GM position to the new head coach. Players won't come to this franchise if his day to day.

Get Nancy Lierbman. She already lives in Dallas as is a proven coach who put up with Greg's bs.

I realize that we’re collectively a bit more flexible about relationships in the workplace these days, but friendly reminder that Nancy Lieberman had an extended relationship with one of her players in Detroit (and from what I’ve heard propositioned basically any brunette guard she laid eyes on), let those interactions influence her decisions regarding playing time as a coach, and used her role at ESPN to shill for her girlfriend when she was no longer coaching.

It would be hilarious to see Ogunbowale run headlong into an ego magnitudes larger than hers, though.

LOL!!! Embarassed

ChiSky54 wrote:
Wouldn't you think that if Leslie had any WNBA coaching ambitions, we would have seen her in a role by now?

Would love Leslie as well. But I agree if she wanted to coach in the W there have been countless of prior opportunities for her to do so.

Anyhoo - whoever gets the job needs to be smart enough and demand to be the GM just to have some level of power over that ahole. You can't allow Bibb to pick your team

I was just wondering the other day why it's taking so long to hear anything from the organization, especially considering how much time the new HC will need for scouting, learning the organization, the community, getting connected with the business community, time to build their own coaching staff, etc....I'm starting to think Bibb might be having a difficult time getting the person that he wants because of his reputation 👀👀👀

This organization is so fu^ked up!! I hardly watched any games after the All-Star game because of this team. Followed the scoreboards - but never watched games. And depending on the next HC such will continue in 2023.

PostPosted: 10/20/22 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's Pokey Chatman up too >? Is she still with Seattle as an AC or is she staying to be Quinn's replacement as HC since LA is trying to pry her away from the storm ?

PostPosted: 10/20/22 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Quote:
You simply aren't going to come close to winning anything as long as Arike is the focal point

Nope!!! And that's been their downfall every time she touches the ball. Maybe the new coach will grasp this.

Bibb needs to step down. Or at least give the GM position to the new head coach. Players won't come to this franchise if his day to day.

Get Nancy Lierbman. She already lives in Dallas as is a proven coach who put up with Greg's bs.

I realize that we’re collectively a bit more flexible about relationships in the workplace these days, but friendly reminder that Nancy Lieberman had an extended relationship with one of her players in Detroit (and from what I’ve heard propositioned basically any brunette guard she laid eyes on), let those interactions influence her decisions regarding playing time as a coach, and used her role at ESPN to shill for her girlfriend when she was no longer coaching.

It would be hilarious to see Ogunbowale run headlong into an ego magnitudes larger than hers, though.

LOL!!! Embarassed

ChiSky54 wrote:
Wouldn't you think that if Leslie had any WNBA coaching ambitions, we would have seen her in a role by now?

Would love Leslie as well. But I agree if she wanted to coach in the W there have been countless of prior opportunities for her to do so.

Anyhoo - whoever gets the job needs to be smart enough and demand to be the GM just to have some level of power over that ahole. You can't allow Bibb to pick your team

I was just wondering the other day why it's taking so long to hear anything from the organization, especially considering how much time the new HC will need for scouting, learning the organization, the community, getting connected with the business community, time to build their own coaching staff, etc....I'm starting to think Bibb might be having a difficult time getting the person that he wants because of his reputation 👀👀👀

This organization is so fu^ked up!! I hardly watched any games after the All-Star game because of this team. Followed the scoreboards - but never watched games. And depending on the next HC such will continue in 2023.

I certainly agree with your level of frustration....but I can't stop attending or watching 😒😔😥

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/20/22 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWDub thank you that means a lot seriously #WFFL Cool

PostPosted: 10/20/22 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's okay to be better Razz

PostPosted: 10/21/22 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWDub thank you that means a lot seriously #WFFL Cool

❤️✌️

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/21/22 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The WNBA Coaching carousel begins , i saw a post saying half of the league would have new coaches next season . Curt to LA starts the domino's falling . I really want Pokey , so I'm glad Quinn did not get the LA Job . Hoping She stays in seattle and pokey comes here honestly . We need a coach with her energy and presence of been here done that .

PostPosted: 10/21/22 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
The WNBA Coaching carousel begins , i saw a post saying half of the league would have new coaches next season . Curt to LA starts the domino's falling . I really want Pokey , so I'm glad Quinn did not get the LA Job . Hoping She stays in seattle and pokey comes here honestly . We need a coach with her energy and presence of been here done that .

Not sure what you're smoking, but it's got awesome hallucinogenic powers! Pokey is everything Dallas does NOT need. She does not have clue #1 how to talk straight to players, especially when the message is what that player needs to improve on. She'd rather keep a player in rotation who's not producing than have that hard conversation with them.

And then there's Pokey at GM. She has not proven she can put together a team of complementary players in this league. Overseas without salary caps is a whole different ballgame. In this league, GM has to be extra sharp at spotting rookies and low cost veterans who fit with the core. "Fit" being the operative word here. Players have to fit together or you don't have a team - just a collection of players.

~rAf
Queenie

PostPosted: 10/21/22 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I realize we’re collectively a bit more flexible about relationships in the workplace these days, but friendly reminder that there were some very strong allegations that Chatman was messing around with players at LSU.

PostPosted: 10/21/22 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I wonder if Cheryl Reeve is willing to come to Dallas🤔

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/21/22 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I realize we’re collectively a bit more flexible about relationships in the workplace these days, but friendly reminder that there were some very strong allegations that Chatman was messing around with players at LSU.

"MeToo" is weaker now than when Pokey was booted from LSU in 2007? Or it doesn't apply to women?

Never mind. Pokey's history doesn't seem to matter much in the WNBA, which has already given her two head coaching jobs, two general manager jobs, and one assistant coach job. However, I don't think she'd help Dallas or anyone else.
Milks26

PostPosted: 10/21/22 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No to Pokey

PostPosted: 10/22/22 6:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
No to Pokey

I’ll accept this lol. So if not Pulkey then who? Eric Thibault? His fathers pedigree makes him look like a great hire on the outside.

PostPosted: 10/22/22 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
No to Pokey

I’ll accept this lol. So if not Pulkey then who? Eric Thibault? His fathers pedigree makes him look like a great hire on the outside.

I don't see the golden child leaving Washington. He'll wait for Mike to retire. Although it would be juicy to see them compete against each other.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 10/22/22 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Puzzled about why anyone would want Pokey. She really didn't accomplish much in Chicago besides believing in Sloot and Quigley. The fact that Indiana snapped her up as she was fired should have been a sign of Indy's demise.

Was also surprised that she was accepted so soon after the LSU situation after a few years overseas.

Probably better as an AC.

PostPosted: 10/22/22 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Queenie wrote:

"MeToo" is weaker now than when Pokey was booted from LSU in 2007? Or it doesn't apply to women?

I think of MeToo as unwanted sexual advances / sexual harassment / sexual assault. It did get dialed way back when Joe Biden ran for president due to the credible Tara Reade accusation. But I don't think of it as covering consensual manager/worker (coach/player) workplace relationships. Those are mostly taboo due to the strong possibility of favoritism and special status of one of the parties that is unfair to the rest and will make them uncomfortable, particularly in dealing with the co-worker with "special status". But there is also a feeling that the relationship could have only developed due to the difference in power or coercion. But in any event, I hadn't noticed a change in opinion toward different level workplace relationships. But people do forget and/or forgive. I don't think attitudes changed towards a man putting on women's underwear and biting a woman in a hotel room to force her to have sex with him. But eventually Marv Albert got back broadcasting NBA basketball games.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 10/24/22 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh my God! No to Pokey. Suffered year in and out with her in Chicago. If she comes here, I just might have to give up our season tix. She couldn’t manage to keep the always kind and loyal Sylvia Fowles contented enough to stay in Chicago, then WTH is she gonna do with Arike?

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/01/22 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Latricia Trammell as next HC of the Wings, per Howard Megdal.

PostPosted: 11/01/22 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not familiar with her. Is she an assistant or a hire from a college program? TIA

PostPosted: 11/01/22 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
Not familiar with her. Is she an assistant or a hire from a college program? TIA

AC of the Sparks this past season.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 11/01/22 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

AC of the Sparks this past season.

Was also rumoured to be a top candidate in Phoenix's HC search last year.

Enjoy your two years Latricia. Sorry this franchise will destroy your head coaching career.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/01/22 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Always a crapshoot as to how an assistant sliding over to the main seat will fare, but it's seemd for a while like she was going to get a shot somewhere. Not entirely sure how being lead assistant throughout what turned into a trainwreck under Fisher seemed to boost her reputation, but these things often don't make much sense.

Indiana and Connecticut still looking.

PostPosted: 11/01/22 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: