Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TigerVol

PostPosted: 08/22/22 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
When mentioning Nneka, you have to factor in Chiney’s salary, too. They are a package deal. Unless Cheney decides to quit the W & go all out with her ESPN work.

That's just supposition. I doubt it's true. It might be a bonus in Nneka's mind, but I doubt it's a requirement.

One of them literally said this in a recent interview - package deal.

You still may be right but it is what they are putting out there right now.

Might have been in a what is next for LA post season Interview - saw it within the past week or two.

PostPosted: 08/22/22 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Queenie wrote:
So you’re the Phoenix Mercury. You’re an original franchise and you’ve got three titles to your name. You have, like, expectations and shit, just in general.

Your star center is currently the center of a geopolitical shitstorm.

Your star shooting guard has been in the league longer than two franchises and four cities, is older than multiple coaches, and is starting to show it.

Your star point guard is, um, not here. Like, literally. But may also have not been present and accounted for spiritually as well. Except for the recorded exchange of pleasantries with the aforementioned shooting guard.

Your current starting center, who should have been your starting power forward, but see above re: geopolitical shitstorm, is a lovely young woman who appears to have forgotten how to offense.

Your current starting power forward is... polarizing.

Your starting small forward is not all that far off from having to relearn how to walk. Which is amazing, but by the same token, there are times when maybe she came back too fast from that experience?

Your current bench is not relevant to discussion of 2023 because half of them are hardship replacements, one of them is the WNBA’s semi-official universal adapter, one somehow garnered the world’s weirdest All-Rookie vote, and the last is Megan Gustafson. And to be fair to Gustafson, if the aforementioned geopolitical shitstorm doesn’t get sorted out, she will be relevant to discussion of 2023.

Your first round draft pick is in Chicago.

For the upcoming offseason, I would recommend not further angering any more gods, goddesses, or genderless divine forces. Only when the lingering specter of further divine wrath is eliminated should a full headcount be made and free agency decisions addressed.

The starting center who is really a PF didn't forget how to offense, she never knew how to offense. BG just hid her ineptness on that end of the floor.

And...I don't think DT goes out like this, no matter what happens with BG. And yes, I have put full trust in Dennis Rodman.

On paper you would think BG and Turner would not work well together since neither has much of a perimeter game that other posts have like Stewart, Parker, Wilson, Nneka etc., but they complemented each other beautifully and did not get in each other’s way.

I too hope Rodman can work some magic!

No. I agree that's they complimented each other well. I just think BG is so dominant that it made offensive life far easier for Turner. Brianna got to hide behind BG.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/22/22 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TigerVol wrote:
myrtle wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
When mentioning Nneka, you have to factor in Chiney’s salary, too. They are a package deal. Unless Cheney decides to quit the W & go all out with her ESPN work.

That's just supposition. I doubt it's true. It might be a bonus in Nneka's mind, but I doubt it's a requirement.

One of them literally said this in a recent interview - package deal.

You still may be right but it is what they are putting out there right now.

Might have been in a what is next for LA post season Interview - saw it within the past week or two.

https://twitter.com/Khristina/status/1559234687737991168

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/22/22 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well Chiney is probably worth a vet minimum. She is a decent backup. The main problem is that she can't seem to stay healthy.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 08/22/22 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

I think the other is seeing what Skylar is looking to do. I wouldn’t be opposed to shipping her to Indiana for something like Kelsey Mitchell and Lexie Hull in return. Skylar, on the other hand, would probably oppose but I can’t think of too many other realistic trade partners.

As a Fever fan ... Hard. Fucking. Pass.

LOL. That's my response to any speculation for SDS going to the Mystics.

~rAf
RavenDog

PostPosted: 08/22/22 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just my perspective of SDS.

SDS is no longer a Indy girl she moved on to being a Cali girl long ago. She loves the Left Coast and everything it brings to her lifestyle and possible future endeavors.

Long shot that Boston going to Indiana will change her outlook and she heads that way, but one never knows. SDS has her own mind, she will make a decision based on it and will fight through all forces to make it happen.

Wherever she decides to go, it won't be on a team with the GOAT.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/22/22 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Just my perspective of SDS.

SDS is no longer a Indy girl she moved on to being a Cali girl long ago. She loves the Left Coast and everything it brings to her lifestyle and possible future endeavors.

Long shot that Boston going to Indiana will change her outlook and she heads that way, but one never knows. SDS has her own mind, she will make a decision based on it and will fight through all forces to make it happen.

Wherever she decides to go, it won't be on a team with the GOAT.

DT?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
pilight

PostPosted: 10/17/22 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar Diggins update

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj0oYFoJ75-/

Quote:
New addition loading

PostPosted: 10/17/22 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Skylar Diggins update

Quote:
New addition loading

New baby on way. Congratulations 🎉!

PostPosted: 10/17/22 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:
Skylar Diggins update

Quote:
New addition loading

Congratulations. This means she likely won't be playing next season, correct? Depending on how far along she is, she'll be giving birth pretty close to the start of the season. I imagine if she doesn't start the season, she'll just take the whole season off. I don't see her trying to rush back after the AllStar break to a team that will likely be in the bottom of the standings.

So what does DT do here? I can't imagine BG will be able to play next year. Even if she's released today, I think it may be some time before she's ready, if ever, to play again.

Does DT slog it out with the team that remains or does she just retire?

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 10/17/22 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:
Skylar Diggins update

Quote:
New addition loading

And from the photo, it looks like she probably found out she was pregnant at just about the time she left the team for the season.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/17/22 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

There is a third option...

PostPosted: 10/17/22 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Right..I think she wants to end her career in Phoenix..but Stewie is in Seattle, Sandy is in New York..A little guard depth could make all the difference for CT..and there is the Sarver situation..

If LA was at all functional, I could have seen her go there too.

Last edited by mercfan3 on 10/17/22 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 10/17/22 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewart is also a free agent. They could collectively decide to play anywhere.

PostPosted: 10/17/22 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
And from the photo, it looks like she probably found out she was pregnant at just about the time she left the team for the season.

Ya don't say!

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Shades

PostPosted: 10/17/22 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Right..I think she wants to end her career in Phoenix..but Stewie is in Seattle, Sandy is in New York..A little guard depth could make all the difference for CT..and there is the Sarver situation..

If LA was at all functions, I could have seen her go there too.

She lives in Huntington Beach last I heard.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 10/18/22 3:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Congratulations. This means she likely won't be playing next season, correct? Depending on how far along she is, she'll be giving birth pretty close to the start of the season. I imagine if she doesn't start the season, she'll just take the whole season off. I don't see her trying to rush back after the AllStar break to a team that will likely be in the bottom of the standings.

So what does DT do here? I can't imagine BG will be able to play next year. Even if she's released today, I think it may be some time before she's ready, if ever, to play again.

Good question.. And Congrats SDS! Cool

Retirement.. I don't see as an option, as she's still got it, she did say 'See you in Paris' for the 2024 Olympics, and doing so would mean no Farewell Tour. Contract Divorce seems to be the current fad... Connecticut maybe, LA still has a ways to go.. Idea

That said, I feel DT wants to go out like Kobe, staying with one team even if it means ending their career on a lottery team. So if Diana decides to give it 2 more years until 42 like Sue, for the 2nd year, she may have BG back with a set of high draft picks from the tanked year 1.. That might be enough to go out on top.. Or at least go out scoring 60 Twisted Evil

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/18/22 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats Skylar ..... Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 10/18/22 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations Skylar.

Do the Mercury retain Skylar's rights after the 2023 WNBA Season or is she still a free agent after the 2023 WNBA Season?

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/18/22 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Congratulations Skylar.

Do the Mercury retain Skylar's rights after the 2023 WNBA Season or is she still a free agent after the 2023 WNBA Season?

They don't retain her rights after 2023. And lucky for her, she can't be cored, either.

PostPosted: 10/18/22 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Congrats Skylar ..... Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Laughing Laughing Laughing

"Skylar" ?
Surprised
If ever there was ...
... nevermind.

Congrats from me as well.

PostPosted: 10/18/22 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

"Skylar" ?
Surprised
If ever there was ...
... nevermind.

Congrats from me as well.

I've since grown up a bit , overall new life is always a blessing. So NO im not going to say it although im sure a lot of people here thought it . Laughing

PostPosted: 10/19/22 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Congratulations Skylar.

They don't retain her rights after 2023. And lucky for her, she can't be cored, either.

If she doesn't play next season wouldn't the Mercury retain her rights similar to a team still owning the rights of a player that sits out and their contract expires.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/19/22 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Congratulations Skylar.

If she doesn't play next season wouldn't the Mercury retain her rights similar to a team still owning the rights of a player that sits out and their contract expires.

Gotcha, didn't realize that!

PostPosted: 11/06/22 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/NickKingSports/status/1589027762379325440

Quote:
40-year-old Diana Taurasi (who is a free agent) says she's coming back for Year 19 in Phoenix.

"You know, I started working out, so, the minute I start working out, that means I'm all in. ... I'm ready to bring another championship here."

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: