Will KLS play at all this season?

Due in August, so doesn't seem likely.

when is Diggins-Smith-Smith dues

trade idea

Diggins-Smith-Smith to LA for Carter, KLS, and pick 10

LA adds an all-star level guard who might be able to play half the season
J, Thomas, Diggins-Smith-Smith, talbot, Stevens, Ogwumike
Canada, Clarendon, Brown, Burrell, Hamby, Ch. Ogwumike

PX saves 100k on maternity player so they can add another free agent if any are left and get two still rookie contracts with pick 10 and Carter
Carter and DT

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/12/23 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

as a result of all of these pregnancies and engagements this year involving players with male partners… i can’t help but remember *whispers* Candice Wiggins. all these straight or at least straight-passing players in the league lmao “league that’s 98% gay” my ass Laughing

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/12/23 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
as a result of all of these pregnancies and engagements this year involving players with male partners… i can’t help but remember *whispers* Candice Wiggins. all these straight or at least straight-passing players in the league lmao “league that’s 98% gay” my ass Laughing

Wiggins made that angry statement that year because she was mad that no team was willing to sign her. She was a free agent and she believed that she was on the same talent level as Fowles and Parker.🤨

PostPosted: 02/13/23 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Wiggins made that angry statement that year because she was mad that no team was willing to sign her. She was a free agent and she believed that she was on the same talent level as Fowles and Parker.🤨

And remember that Diggins and Wiggins were really good friends. Diggins also seems to have an inflated view of her worth.

~rAf
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/19/23 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-sign-chinese-guard-yang-liwei/?fbclid=PAAab29BAExUkQcgWQZ6pbhvJLrMlB421cSHZCkzkeB-tXYXPIn7Nr2QGvBb8

Sparks sign Yang Liwei.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/20/23 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-sign-chinese-guard-yang-liwei/?fbclid=PAAab29BAExUkQcgWQZ6pbhvJLrMlB421cSHZCkzkeB-tXYXPIn7Nr2QGvBb8

Sparks sign Yang Liwei.

I am loving all the additions to this roster! So nice to pull away from the Fish destructive years. And bonus: Katie Lou not playing! Finally a real professional organization who knows how to build a contending team. This looks like a playoff team again with players who play both sides of the court and are positives in the locker room. Adding that LA refrained from acquiring the eternally unhappy Skylar Diggins and her inflated contract. YeeHaw! If anyone can get Chennedy contributing again, it's this group.

~rAf
tfan

PostPosted: 02/20/23 5:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Which players in the league do have male partners or are straight. I recall trying to list enough to beat 2% but I could only think of Candace Parker (wrong...) and Skylar Diggins-Smith. I think Plum said something one time about being straight.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 02/20/23 6:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UPDATE | Scans have confirmed that Adelaide Lightnings Captain Steph Talbot has suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) against Canberra on Saturday night.

Steph will work through the options with our medical team to which no further comment will be made until this has occurred.
Please join us in wishing Steph the very best in her recovery.

Above from
Adelaides FB page
https://www.facebook.com/AdelLightning/posts/pfbid0294XFnJBMB6rsfenJ72vZtrok4nvvqypAQwsG5X2zgbW6MLLi6wGZFbVJ59whFMkgl

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/20/23 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
UPDATE | Scans have confirmed that Adelaide Lightnings Captain Steph Talbot has suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) against Canberra on Saturday night.

Steph will work through the options with our medical team to which no further comment will be made until this has occurred.

Above from
Adelaides FB page
https://www.facebook.com/AdelLightning/posts/pfbid0294XFnJBMB6rsfenJ72vZtrok4nvvqypAQwsG5X2zgbW6MLLi6wGZFbVJ59whFMkgl

Wishing her a healthy and speedy recovery!

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/20/23 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Which players in the league do have male partners or are straight. I recall trying to list enough to beat 2% but I could only think of Candace Parker (wrong...) and Skylar Diggins-Smith. I think Plum said something one time about being straight.

Well, assuming the number of players we’re working with is 144 (12 roster spots x 12 teams), then for the number of players who have interest in men to exceed 2% we would need more than 2.88 players. Dearica Hamby, Napheesa Collier, Katie Lou Samuelson, and Skylar Diggins-Smith have all announced pregnancies in the company of male partners over the last year. Now, I’ll be the first to admit that, like Candice, math was never my strength, but I count 4 names there, which would be greater than 2.88. This also doesn’t factor in players with unoccupied uteri but with acknowledged boyfriends/fiancés, such as Kiah Stokes or Sabrina Ionescu.

As you pointed out with Parker, past performance is no indication of future results, but bisexuals exist too.

Anyway how did we even get here and why am I in this handbasket

(now with spelling variations)
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/20/23 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are they good basketball players ? Should be the main topic and focus. Personal identification and sexuality has never gained weight on this board. Most know better than that .

PostPosted: 02/20/23 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:

Above from
Adelaides FB page

This is such a bummer. Was looking forward to Talbot and Brown launching 3s this season. Does LA suspend her? Does she not count against the cap since she was injured overseas?

PostPosted: 02/20/23 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Well, assuming the number of players we’re working with is 144 (12 roster spots x 12 teams), then for the number of players who have interest in men to exceed 2% we would need more than 2.88 players. Dearica Hamby, Napheesa Collier, Katie Lou Samuelson, and Skylar Diggins-Smith have all announced pregnancies in the company of male partners over the last year. Now, I’ll be the first to admit that, like Candice, math was never my strength, but I count 4 names there, which would be greater than 2.88. This also doesn’t factor in players with unoccupied uteri but with acknowledged boyfriends/fiancés, such as Kiah Stokes or Sabrina Ionescu.

I wasn't suggesting the 98% was a correct figure. But I was wondering what the correct figure was since none of the people who were talking about how utterly ridiculous 98% was gave an estimate or range for the correct value. They don't list sexual preference on the roster so there is a lot of "don't know". But the reaction appeared as if everyone was certain the figure was off by something like 30% (40 players in a 132 player league) or more.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/20/23 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I wasn't suggesting the 98% was a correct figure. But I was wondering what the correct figure was since none of the people who were talking about how utterly ridiculous 98% was gave an estimate or range for the correct value. They don't list sexual preference on the roster so there is a lot of "don't know". But the reaction appeared as if everyone was certain the figure was off by something like 30% (40 players in a 132 player league) or more.

since I'm pretty sure "do you fuck guys, girls, neither, or both?" is not a question on the intake paperwork, we'll never know

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/20/23 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
IM in OC wrote:

Above from
Adelaides FB page

This is such a bummer. Was looking forward to Talbot and Brown launching 3s this season. Does LA suspend her? Does she not count against the cap since she was injured overseas?

She has become a solid 2-way player and was set to be a real contributor for the Sparks.
The WNBL regular season is all but done and her team is way out of the playoff race, which makes it that extra bit annoying that it has happened now. But giving 100% even when the season is dead is very much her style. The previous week she played all 45 minutes of an OT game. 33 points & 17 boards.
This sucks big time. Sad

PostPosted: 02/21/23 6:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sad

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/21/23 6:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sad

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 02/22/23 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Los Angeles: Gray, Reshanda – Sign Training Camp Contract
Los Angeles: Samuelson, Karlie – Sign Training Camp Contract

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/22/23 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chiney has re-signed.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/24/23 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-re-sign-nneka-ogwumike/?fbclid=PAAab40UGjrLCvWDpBE6ajNDA0FfoywhigFgidvg2lMVq38Q739dsuQ78QCZs

Nneka has officially re-signed! 💜💛

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/24/23 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-re-sign-nneka-ogwumike/?fbclid=PAAab40UGjrLCvWDpBE6ajNDA0FfoywhigFgidvg2lMVq38Q739dsuQ78QCZs

After all of the work to increase salaries in the CBA, it is fascinating to see the union president join of player signing for much less than market value.

And she isn't even doing it for a contender (no offense, LA)

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/24/23 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The number for Nneka makes very little sense, especially after Talbot's injury. Even the correct number...

PostPosted: 02/24/23 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

After all of the work to increase salaries in the CBA, it is fascinating to see the union president join of player signing for much less than market value.

And she isn't even doing it for a contender (no offense, LA)

And that’s the other fun thing about the Aces debacle- now every time I see a player signing that far below market value, I start to wonder where the rest of the money is coming from.

Wait, no, that’s not fun, that’s the other thing.

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/25/23 12:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The article posted by M.A. Voepel makes it sound like the Sparks are working on a trade/have another move in the works.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/35726982/sparks-re-sign-nneka-ogwumike-1-year-deal-source-says

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 03/09/23 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks announced Danielle Viglione has joined Curt Miller's coaching staff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: