RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Injuries, Redshirts, Transfers, and Sitouts 2022-23
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/28/23 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
This is a pretty interesting list of transfers for parsing:
https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/womens-basketball-players-transfer-portal-2023

There's some impressive quality on that list....and more to come!

My Duke wish list is the pair from Boston College - Gakdeng and Mair. They both fit Duke needs to a T - starting caliber PG & banging post. Adding a sharpshooter to this duo would turn Duke into a real contender next year, since Celeste Taylor is returning.

~rAf
ucbart

PostPosted: 03/28/23 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Lady Vol F Marta Suârez is transferring. She was injured part of her sophomore year and took half of this year off as her mother has breast cancer. She has two years left. She'd be a really nice get for someone.

i wonder how many transfers we will see out of Tennessee with all the ones returning for that extra year of elgibility

Is anyone returning beside Jackson and Key?

thardy929

PostPosted: 03/28/23 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
okstateguy wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Lady Vol F Marta Suârez is transferring. She was injured part of her sophomore year and took half of this year off as her mother has breast cancer. She has two years left. She'd be a really nice get for someone.

i wonder how many transfers we will see out of Tennessee with all the ones returning for that extra year of elgibility

When Jasmine Powell announced her transfer to Tennessee, she said she planned to use her two years of remaining eligibility, but she hasn’t said anything to confirm whether or not that’s still true.

Senior Jessie Rennie, who red-shirted this year and barely played the previous couple of years, could return, but I don’t think that would impact anyone else’s decision to stay or transfer.

PG4ever

PostPosted: 03/28/23 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Guard Ari Wiggins (sophomore) has announced her intention to transfer from Michigan.

Another potential departure - not announced by the player yet:
“Source familiar with the situation tells @TheNextHoops Michigan off-ball guard Maddie Nolan is in the transfer portal. The senior is a career 36.6% 3P%, on 5+ 3pa/g while ranking above the 90th %ile in turnover rate past two years.”

I hope KBA has some ideas of who she wants to pick up. That back court is looking awfully sparse.

With the new coaches, graduations, and transfers out and in I hope I'll still be able to recognize the team when all is said and done. Smile

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/28/23 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Horston is going to the WNBA, confirmed.

https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/lady-vols-star-jordan-horston-declares-for-the-wnba-draft?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAjjTuoRSkUf3DXu1VO98DIQJ5fdr4GHBd_hduQvfEM2ocVfryeV9h6mBncHp7RtlpBjvKCQnj-b74rOK2HCTC8KUzwXgWqoUQWHRnVComXYdfPBDCn2U_bV4kJdzzLckDoJXcyNtROAeg9jcQGjx1S4ibi9Yk7P7YY6_JNlC5gf

okstateguy

PostPosted: 03/29/23 1:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IDK what Fennelly did this season, but we can add Fritz to the list of Iowa State transfers. Diew and Ryan are gonna have to do some heavy lifting next year should they choose not to join the exodus

PostPosted: 03/29/23 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
IDK what Fennelly did this season, but we can add Fritz to the list of Iowa State transfers. Diew and Ryan are gonna have to do some heavy lifting next year should they choose not to join the exodus

I wonder if Fennelly might be considering retiring.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/29/23 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

Meanwhile, Fennelly's assistant coach's (his son's) wife (who is a former player) posted a Twitter rant about the matter. Laughing

PostPosted: 03/29/23 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

Meanwhile, Fennelly's assistant coach's (his son's) wife (who is a former player) posted a Twitter rant about the matter. Laughing

That was a spot-on perspective, without nailing anyone to the wall. I have to agree - social media/(f*k loyalty, I'm about MEE)/craving fame before you've even graduated....I think all of that has led to a point of absurdity. Particularly when you hear of the ones who are on their third or fourth school.

Yeah, it's great for those kids who truly NEED to get into a different setting, but it's changing the dynamic big time in terms of long-range planning, that's for sure. And Fennelly may be upset - Barnes can't be too happy, either. Yet, I have no doubt they'll hit the portal hard, too, to fill voids. Gotta do what ya gotta do. Razz

PostPosted: 03/29/23 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

That was a spot-on perspective. [...]

...was it though?

A poster on the Cyclone forum paraphrased it as follows: "Hello, it is me. Former player literally married to the program. It's everyone else's fault, nothing wrong here, just tough love. Just donate more money. The players leaving aren't loyal. Vague "you don't know what's really going on" excuse. Thanks. Go clones" Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/29/23 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmmm. I missed the donation part Shocked I DO agree with her take on the social media influence.

And ya, it mighta been better if a non-relative make the post - I remember Lindsay when she was a player there, and think she was already dating coach's son. Maybe not the best spokesperson. Razz

PostPosted: 03/29/23 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

Link please? I don’t like paraphrases. Thanks.

PostPosted: 03/29/23 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

the link is literally in the post you just quoted. click on the blue words ("Twitter post") above

PostPosted: 03/29/23 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

the link is literally in the post you just quoted. click on the blue words ("Twitter post") above

Well, it was kind of crunched up, but I got the gist. Lyndsey, honey, them’s the realities of the game today. Gotta deal with it whether you like it or not. Big hint: nobody likes it.

PostPosted: 03/29/23 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kennedy Todd-Williams, Jr G formerly of NC, has announced her commitment to Ole Miss.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqYqgrZPAcE/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

PostPosted: 03/29/23 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lauren Hansen 5’8 G from Mizzou is in the portal. She played her first year at Auburn but is presumably a grad transfer so should be able to play right away

PostPosted: 03/29/23 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

Well, it was kind of crunched up, but I got the gist. Lyndsey, honey, them’s the realities of the game today. Gotta deal with it whether you like it or not. Big hint: nobody likes it.

According to this article, the ISU players who are leaving are looking for a faster style of play.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-players-leaving-iowa-state-193033568.html

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/23 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MsProudSooner wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

According to this article, the ISU players who are leaving are looking for a faster style of play.

They didn't know the style of play when they signed? Rolling Eyes

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/30/23 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Janis Brown-Turner, Sr In portal from NC State. Over 1000 career points.

BUfan

PostPosted: 03/30/23 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa St finished second behind OU in the B12 with 75 plus points per game

thardy929

PostPosted: 03/30/23 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Belmont's Destinee Wells has committed to Tennessee: https://twitter.com/corahalll/status/1641442736950874114

Howee

PostPosted: 03/30/23 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MsProudSooner wrote:

One responder said it was probably because they were tired of "The Caitlin Clark show". Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/30/23 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thardy929 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
okstateguy wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

When Jasmine Powell announced her transfer to Tennessee, she said she planned to use her two years of remaining eligibility, but she hasn’t said anything to confirm whether or not that’s still true.

Senior Jessie Rennie, who red-shirted this year and barely played the previous couple of years, could return, but I don’t think that would impact anyone else’s decision to stay or transfer.

Per knoxnews, Rennie is graduating/leaving. With Walker +/- Powell leaving, and Rennie, Miles, Wynn, and Darby Jr not being very useful, Tenn really needs Wells and at least one other decent guard. The departure of Horston, Walker, Rennie, Suarez, Franklin, and maybe Powell leave a lot of space on the roster.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/30/23 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Guard Ari Wiggins (sophomore) has announced her intention to transfer from Michigan.

Another potential departure - not announced by the player yet:
“Source familiar with the situation tells @TheNextHoops Michigan off-ball guard Maddie Nolan is in the transfer portal. The senior is a career 36.6% 3P%, on 5+ 3pa/g while ranking above the 90th %ile in turnover rate past two years.”

I hope KBA has some ideas of who she wants to pick up. That back court is looking awfully sparse.

With the new coaches, graduations, and transfers out and in I hope I'll still be able to recognize the team when all is said and done. Smile

This one is totally understandable, but I hope that’s all!

“Source familiar with the situation tells @TheNextHoops Michigan guard Kate Clarke is in the transfer portal. She was the composite #88 recruit in the 2022 class, but played just 43 mins over 14 games.

She's the second Wolverine underclassman in the portal, following Ari Wiggins.”

PG4ever

PostPosted: 03/30/23 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree, mzone. In and of themselves I'm not concerned about the transfers of Clarke, Sidor, Wiggins, and even Nolan if that's her final decision after exploring her options. I know Michigan is more challenged by the transfer portal than some places and KBA has said she's very selective about the portal but I sure wish we could get a player the caliber of an Angel Reese from the portal. Wishful thinking. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 6 of 19

Jump to: