RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UConn 2022-2023
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 06/30/22 7:14 pm    ::: UConn 2022-2023 Reply Reply with quote

To my surprise, I couldn’t find a new UConn thread yet.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DQ_CjXXNVbI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 07/01/22 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.theridgefieldpress.com/uconn/article/UConn-women-s-basketball-announces-17274262.php

The schedule features seven teams which were ranked in the top 20 of last season’s NCAA Net Rankings:
No. 1 South Carolina
No. 2 NC State
No. 7 Texas
No. 12 Maryland
No. 15 Notre Dame
No. 19 Tennessee
No. 20 Princeton

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
linkster

PostPosted: 07/25/22 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn will face Duke in the 1st game of the Phil Knight Legacy in Portland on Nov. 25.

ESPN2 or ESPNU.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/04/22 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swin Cash to have number retired

https://uconnhuskies.com/news/2022/11/4/womens-basketball-forever-32-swin-cash-to-have-number-retired.aspx

Quote:
Cash's 32 will join Rebecca Lobo's 50 and Ray Allen's 34 as the only retired numbers in UConn basketball history.

PostPosted: 11/04/22 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

https://uconnhuskies.com/news/2022/11/4/womens-basketball-forever-32-swin-cash-to-have-number-retired.aspx

Quote:
Cash's 32 will join Rebecca Lobo's 50 and Ray Allen's 34 as the only retired numbers in UConn basketball history.

Why Swin before Sue or Diana?

ucbart

PostPosted: 11/04/22 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Why Swin before Sue or Diana?

UCONN only retires the numbers of players who are inducted into the Naismith HOF. Since Swin went in this year, she gets the nod before Sue and D.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/07/22 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was very surprised—pleasantly—by UConn's performance against Kutztown.

I frankly expected a very mediocre team by historical UConn standards. Williams, Nelson-Ododa and Westbrook graduated to the pros. Bueckers and Brady out for the season. Ducharme, Griffin and Juhasz returning from surgeries. Fudd from injury. Ducharme with a new injury: her neck. Edwards in a face mask. Foreigners and transfers of unknown (to me) skills.

However, the team looked really good on offense, even adjusting for a weak opponent. 115 points. 57% FG. 28 assists.

UConn started five players from five different countries: Fudd/USA, Edwards/Canada, Juhasz/Hungary, Muhl/Croatia, and Senechal/France.

The biggest surprise to me was Senechal, a graduate transfer from D2 Fairfield. She looks to be at least as effective an offensive guard as Williams or Westbrook, and bigger. She is a poised, smart and confident shooter on both three-point shots, pull-ups and drives. 18 points in the first half and 22 for the game.

Juhasz, Edwards and Muhl looked better than last season. Freshman Patterson was very aggressive on the boards. Fudd hit nine 3pt shots for 29 points. Griffin showed signs of her former blurring speed and court coverage.

Box Score

If this team had Bueckers and Brady they surely would have contended with S. Carolina and Stanford for the NC. If they don't suffer any more injuries, they should be E8 and perhaps even better.

Lou Lopez Senechal:

Full game replay:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XGgiQucAeHc" title="UConn vs Kutztown (Exhibition) - 11/6/22" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
ucbart

PostPosted: 11/07/22 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I was very surprised—pleasantly—by UConn's performance against Kutztown.

I frankly expected a very mediocre team by historical UConn standards. Williams, Nelson-Ododa and Westbrook graduated to the pros. Bueckers and Brady out for the season. Ducharme, Griffin and Juhasz returning from surgeries. Fudd from injury. Ducharme with a new injury: her neck. Edwards in a face mask. Foreigners and transfers of unknown (to me) skills.

However, the team looked really good on offense, even adjusting for a weak opponent. 115 points. 57% FG. 28 assists.

UConn started five players from five different countries: Fudd/USA, Edwards/Canada, Juhasz/Hungary, Muhl/Croatia, and Senechal/France.

The biggest surprise to me was Senechal, a graduate transfer from D2 Fairfield. She looks to be at least as effective an offensive guard as Williams or Westbrook, and bigger. She is a poised, smart and confident shooter on both three-point shots, pull-ups and drives. 18 points in the first half and 22 for the game.

Juhasz, Edwards and Muhl looked better than last season. Freshman Patterson was very aggressive on the boards. Fudd hit nine 3pt shots for 29 points. Griffin showed signs of her former blurring speed and court coverage.

Box Score

If this team had Bueckers and Brady they surely would have contended with S. Carolina and Stanford for the NC. If they don't suffer any more injuries, they should be E8 and perhaps even better.

Lou Lopez Senechal:

Full game replay:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XGgiQucAeHc" title="UConn vs Kutztown (Exhibition) - 11/6/22" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fairfield is very much D1 and Lou had a really good game in the NCAAT 1st rounds against Texas. She's a scorer.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/08/22 1:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's very strange to hear UConn folks talking about 'Lou' who is not KLS.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/08/22 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some UConn folks also talk about CD1, CD2, CD3 and CD4.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/08/22 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Maybe I should explain. That's the acronymic way some UConn nicknamers refer to Chris Dailey, Caroline Doty, Crystal Dangerfield and Caroline Ducharme.
pilight

PostPosted: 11/08/22 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Maybe I should explain. That's the acronymic way some UConn nicknamers refer to Chris Dailey, Caroline Doty, Crystal Dangerfield and Caroline Ducharme.

CD1 isn't Cynthia Dysenchuk? Damn those bandwagon fans...

PostPosted: 11/09/22 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn rounded out their 2023 recruiting by signing Jana El Alfy, a 6'4 center from Cairo Egypt. With LOI's received already she joins guards KK Arnold, Ashlynn Shade and wing Qadance Samuels.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/10/22 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Jana El Alfy

Never heard of her so I had to do some research. She looks pretty good from available video clips. Has some basic post moves, a jump shot, and handles the ball very well for someone her size. She should be useful at the 3-4-5 positions with maybe some arc potential too.
ucbart

PostPosted: 11/19/22 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like him or not-here is a really good interview with Geno on the early days of UCONN(he applied for the DePaul job and didn't get it), recruiting, NIL, and more. It's a great interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byIKifyxpec[size=18]

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/19/22 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geno best start warming up some walk-ons so he has enough players to play games.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 11/19/22 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Like him or not-here is a really good interview with Geno on the early days of UCONN(he applied for the DePaul job and didn't get it), recruiting, NIL, and more. It's a great interview.

That is a GREAT interview! Thank you for posting the link here!

~rAf
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/19/22 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

it won't let me see it "this video is private"

ucbart

PostPosted: 11/20/22 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ucbart wrote:

it won't let me see it "this video is private"

So weird. It is for me, too. I'll see if I can find it elsewhere.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 12/02/22 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I now have a WCBB team-I am all aboard the Husky bandwagon! It's not surprising the team is UConn, because my two favorite WNBA players (Kiah Stokes and Napheesa Collier) are from there.

I wasn't really looking to find a favorite team. I tuned in to college hoops for the first time ever this season to check out some of the draft prospects, and watched several teams open the season. Then I saw Azzi Fudd and Nika Muhl, two players not even in this year's draft. Already I'm pretty much ignoring the other teams and just waiting for the next UConn game...which is now. Go Huskies!

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/05/22 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

anything on Azzi Fudd's injury?

adamj95

PostPosted: 12/05/22 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Just my opinion, nothing concrete but I think they were just being cautious on Sunday and held her out in the 2nd half. I believe she'll be back sometime this week.

PostPosted: 12/06/22 4:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Just my opinion, nothing concrete but I think they were just being cautious on Sunday and held her out in the 2nd half. I believe she'll be back sometime this week.

From the ESPN.com article about the game:

Quote:
UConn coach Geno Auriemma told reporters postgame that he "think[s] she'll be alright" and decided to keep her out as a precaution, adding he's "guessing" Fudd will be available on Thursday when the Huskies host Princeton.

"She tried to go again, but obviously it didn't look like she could move, so rather than take any chances, I thought we should take some precautions instead," Auriemma said, according to UCTV Sports.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/06/22 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

From the ESPN.com article about the game:

Quote:
UConn coach Geno Auriemma told reporters postgame that he "think[s] she'll be alright" and decided to keep her out as a precaution, adding he's "guessing" Fudd will be available on Thursday when the Huskies host Princeton.

"She tried to go again, but obviously it didn't look like she could move, so rather than take any chances, I thought we should take some precautions instead," Auriemma said, according to UCTV Sports.

So shes hurt , but she's not hurt hurt ? Shocked Laughing

PostPosted: 12/06/22 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fudd out 3-6 weeks. As a UConn fan all I can do is laugh at our injury woes at this point over the past two seasons.

Hoping Dorka will be back this week at least. LLS is going to be the focus of defenses now. also hope Ducharme can regain form, but she was as awful as Griffin vs ND.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: