Liberty
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Dream
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Shades

PostPosted: 06/23/22 2:12 pm    ::: Liberty @ Dream - 6/24/22 Reply Reply with quote

Cup Records: NYL 5-3 | ATL 2-5
Atlanta, GA - 7:30 PM ET
TV: CBS Sports Network, Bally Sports South

Video stream:
https://www.cbssports.com/cbs-sports-network/
https://www.ballysports.com/watch/live/atlanta-dream-x5856

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/213663/new-york-liberty--atlanta-dream

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20220624/NYLATL/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 06/24/22 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

33-16 NYL end of first

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 06/24/22 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dangerfield looks small even when covering Aari McDonald.

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/24/22 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Tanisha Wright's suit. It's refreshing to see coaches wearing grown-up clothes on the sideline.

PostPosted: 06/24/22 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I like Tanisha Wright's suit. It's refreshing to see coaches wearing grown-up clothes on the sideline.

This. I've really appreciated Atlanta and Seattle for doing it all year. I'm glad Reeve switched back to dressing up a couple of weeks ago.

PostPosted: 06/24/22 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's something about Han Xu that just makes her fun to watch her play.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/24/22 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NY likes to make it exciting don't they?
Sabrina would be on triple double watch except too many of her passes to wide open players were not completed.

Last edited by myrtle on 06/24/22 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/24/22 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Queenie wrote:

This. I've really appreciated Atlanta and Seattle for doing it all year. I'm glad Reeve switched back to dressing up a couple of weeks ago.

I'd like to see it remain optional; I don't want it to go back to suits being mandatory, any more than I want them prohibited. I think that the league is better served when players and coaches get to express themselves through fashion.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Queenie

PostPosted: 06/24/22 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I'd like to see it remain optional; I don't want it to go back to suits being mandatory, any more than I want them prohibited. I think that the league is better served when players and coaches get to express themselves through fashion.

Agreed. My personal preference is not a mandate. Which, really, should be a mantra for a lot more things than what basketball coaches wear, but I’m straying into Area 51 territory here.

PostPosted: 06/24/22 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Agreed. My personal preference is not a mandate. Which, really, should be a mantra for a lot more things than what basketball coaches wear, but I’m straying into Area 51 territory here.

Kinda hard not to atm. Confused

Nice effort by the Dream to recover from that 1st quarter NY blitz, but it proved too much to sustain for the next 3 quarters.
Good & bad for the Liberty but in the end a road win is a road win.

PostPosted: 06/24/22 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A very successful mini Road Trip for the Liberty with 2 wins

tfan

PostPosted: 06/24/22 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't take long for the star Big 10 low post player for four years to be hanging out at the three point line in the Dream offense. I was trying to determine who was taller between Hillmon and Howard from them being close to each other on the court and had decided it was Howard but went looking for photographic evidence and found out they had been teammates on USA Basketball and posed together:

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/24/22 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Now you know the flip side on what Ms. Wright wears are the outfits that are in Kim Mulkey's closet. People on this board have written LONG complaints about what she wears on the sidelines.😁

PostPosted: 06/25/22 6:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man. Two very enjoyable (and to me unexpected) road wins. The Liberty still have some hiccups at certain points. This game featured 11 second half turnovers, which were thankfully mostly of the dead ball variety. This game also placed Sabrina largely off-the-ball early on, something the Libs had not been doing as much of. Several things are noteworthy. Johannes’ presence has definitely gotten the Liberty much better looks. Dangerfield is also looking more comfortable with each game. Dolson has IMO also played excellent defense of late. No she isn’t fast. And yes she commits a higher than average number of fouls. But she’s also almost always ready to help or closing out on her player in good position. Sabrina also now leads the Libs in points, rebounds and assists. Overall, against an Atlanta team that can run, score off of turnovers and finish around the basket, I thought NY did a fine job defensively for most of the game. The numbers show that Atlanta is not always an efficient offense, but I envisioned NY having trouble matchup-wise with Howard, McDonald and AD. At times they did, but they got enough stops to compete.

Nice to see AD doing AD things. Glad it didn’t cause us to lose the game. Their elite shot creation was on display last night. Including some shots that were pretty well contested. Rhyne Howard’s role in Atlanta’s offense isn’t as ball-dominant as Sabrina’s is with NY. I think that helps AD quite a bit. No knock on Sabrina at all. She’s an elite player. Johannes also fits that secondary role pretty well for NY. But there’s no doubting that AD is also in a prime position to show off their one-on-one skills.

It’s really good to see this taking shape. I believe NY leads the league in net rating through this 7-3 stretch. Hard to believe that they could go from where they were to this. Credit to the coaching and the team leadership for continuing to believe in each other. I wouldn’t have thought turning the season around was possible.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: