Mercury
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Dream
75%
 75%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 12

Shades

PostPosted: 05/28/22 11:12 am    ::: Mercury @ Dream - 5/29/22 Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta, GA - 12:00 PM ET
TV: CBS

Video stream:
https://www.cbs.com/live-tv/stream/

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/213197/phoenix-mercury--atlanta-dream

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20220529/PHOATL/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/29/22 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's go Dream!

PostPosted: 05/29/22 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's go Mercury and Kristy Wallace!

PostPosted: 05/29/22 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odd choice for the rare CBS game but let's go!

zune69

PostPosted: 05/29/22 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think I've seen a player get hit more than Diamond without getting a foul call.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/29/22 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Every starter for Phoenix is capable of being an All Star and .... you would not know that from this game.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/29/22 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix takes too many quick low percentage shots....The more quick shots you take the more defense you have to play.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 05/29/22 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great start from Atlanta. Just think if they cleaned up some of those turnovers (or at least Billings). Good disruptive hands on defense. Howard being hounded but 4 assists already. Parker and Wheeler scoring big. Billings is making up for the turnovers with rebounds.

Is Hayes hurt? I think I saw she got hurt in league finals. When is she expected back, does anyone know?

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/29/22 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Every starter for Phoenix is capable of being an All Star and .... you would not know that from this game.

they appear to be playing with no heart. just going thru the motions.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/29/22 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The mercury players have bad body language when things don't go their way (DD, SDS, DT)

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 05/29/22 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everything I said about this team in the preseason is looking more and more accurate. Perimeter shooting continues to be a problem and will be one until we prioritize signing players that can actually shoot.

The defense still sucks. Yes, people are missing but the effort is extremely lacking. This FO didn’t learn a single thing from last season given the signings and final roster decisions. Unfortunately, injuries are a problem for this team every year. The fact we still have two players on the roster that are unplayable is mind baffling. I’ll give Minnesota credit for trying to pivot and cutting the fat off their roster when it was clear it wasn’t working.

I still don’t think Nygaard is cut for the job. Even with players missing, it doesn’t look like plays are being run. It looks like a pickup game with all the isolation and lack of effort.

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/29/22 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix starts four players who, on any given day, could decide they're going to take all the shots, and fuck all the rest of their teammates. I'm shocked, shocked, that this is starting to look as chemically stable as Atlanta was last year.

PostPosted: 05/29/22 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Phoenix starts four players who, on any given day, could decide they're going to take all the shots, and fuck all the rest of their teammates.

Diamond is definitely exercising that option today.

craigmont

PostPosted: 05/29/22 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meanwhile, I really like Atlanta, they look well-coached and organized. They're my new 2nd favorite team because of Tanisha Wright.

readyAIMfire53

Hey, let's hear it for this revived Atlanta team! They looked like death warmed over last season and now look at them. They could not have even beat this mess of a Phoenix team last year.

~rAf
myrtle

The best part of the game, other than seeing Atlanta actually playing like a team, is the commentators. Don't know who they are, but they're doing a nice professional job of it.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/29/22 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Phoenix starts four players who, on any given day, could decide they're going to take all the shots, and fuck all the rest of their teammates.

That isn't fair to Diamond.....SDS/DT was not aggressive in this game. They seem to still be in their feelings...Diamond played the last 7 minutes of the game without SDS/DT/TC on the court.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/29/22 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:

That isn't fair to Diamond.....SDS/DT was not aggressive in this game. They seem to still be in their feelings...Diamond played the last 7 minutes of the game without SDS/DT/TC on the court.

I'd also be pissed if I was the sole starter who had to stay on the floor in garbage time. But no one was forcing her to put up contested shots 4 seconds into the shot clock.

PostPosted: 05/29/22 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix needs to get Peddy/Sophie back and make two moves to improve the bench.

mercfan

PostPosted: 05/29/22 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do we even have upcoming first round picks?

mercfan

PostPosted: 05/29/22 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do we even have upcoming first round picks? This season is giving 2012 where I could see players shutting the season down.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/29/22 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
zune69 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I'd also be pissed if I was the sole starter who had to stay on the floor in garbage time. But no one was forcing her to put up contested shots 4 seconds into the shot clock.

I agree with this, but it isn't just Dianond....Phoenix needs to stop with the quick shots and get into their offense.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/29/22 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
zune69 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:

She's the youngest of the bunch so it makes sense that she stay on the floor if one of the starters had to do it. It would also be a good time to see if you could get your teammates involved, even if they are the bench crew. It just looked like 'I don't give a shit about anybody else. I'll just go down and shoot it.' SDS had five assists. Nobody else bothered to pass to a teammate. It looked ugly!

undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/29/22 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Phoenix needs to get Peddy/Sophie back and make two moves to improve the bench.

I'm in full agreement --- unless of course you mean cutting Gustafson. Laughing

Why they didn't sign a guard to a hardship contract for these past two games with Peddy and Cunningham out is beyond me. They literally haven't had a guard on the bench.

PostPosted: 05/29/22 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Everything I said about this team in the preseason is looking more and more accurate. Perimeter shooting continues to be a problem and will be one until we prioritize signing players that can actually shoot.

The defense still sucks. Yes, people are missing but the effort is extremely lacking. This FO didn’t learn a single thing from last season given the signings and final roster decisions. Unfortunately, injuries are a problem for this team every year. The fact we still have two players on the roster that are unplayable is mind baffling. I’ll give Minnesota credit for trying to pivot and cutting the fat off their roster when it was clear it wasn’t working.

I still don’t think Nygaard is cut for the job. Even with players missing, it doesn’t look like plays are being run. It looks like a pickup game with all the isolation and lack of effort.

This!

She seems like a nice lady, but this group needs someone (Like Becky or T Wright) that won’t put up with the B.S. that’s been on display. It’s a shame T-Spoon did not take the job. IIRC she was one of the final picks before withdrawing her name to return to the Pelicans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: